Jump to content

Any public pools around?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

I'm doing a roleplay where my character is on a swim team. However, I can't seem to find any pools to use (and don't have anywhere to put one down). Does anyone know of any public pools I could use for the roleplay?

Thanks.

Do you need to do anything other than be able to swim in the pool?  If not, will the pools in the Bellisseria area work?  I know the Moles created some in the Traditional areas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you need to do anything other than be able to swim in the pool?  If not, will the pools in the Bellisseria area work?  I know the Moles created some in the Traditional areas.

Probably just swim, but I thought if there was an indoor pool, I could also roleplay (rather than a beach or something).

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Probably just swim, but I thought if there was an indoor pool, I could also roleplay (rather than a beach or something).

I'm pretty sure all of the Bellisseria pools are outdoor pools.  Can't think of any indoor pools off the top of my head, though I know there were at least a couple a year or so ago.  When I log in this evening, I'll see if I happen to still have an LMs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had thought there was a public pool in Bay City, but if there is I don't have a LM for it any longer.    I don't have any LM's for the Bellisseria pools, though I do remember going to them when I used to have a Traditional house there.

I did find the Municipal Wading Pool which is a shallow area along one of the canals in Bay City, and if you wanted to live adventurously and do swim team practice in the canals, the wading pool (which isn't a pool but a shallow area along the canal) would be a good starting point.  If you wanted to check that out it's at  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Morton/199/179/21

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@HarrisonMcKenzie  if you're still interested in finding a public swimming pool... 

From a random comment in one of the Linden Home threads (thanks @Cyanide Pixie) I was able to find the indoor public swimming pool in Bay City.  It looks like it would be a cool place for swim team RP, and it is in a General region, as well (on the border between Bay City - Barnstable and Bay City - Dennis - with half of the pool building in each region).  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Barnstable/207/147/22

508932791_20210114BayCityMunicipalPool-BayCity-Barnstable_001.thumb.png.a060dff4a13e88659b420d2232c6c296.png

1848931254_20210114BayCityMunicipalPool-BayCity-Barnstable_002.thumb.jpg.cab8cc0c5ca43f5ae09f2f299a46ee9f.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

@HarrisonMcKenzie  if you're still interested in finding a public swimming pool... 

From a random comment in one of the Linden Home threads (thanks @Cyanide Pixie) I was able to find the indoor public swimming pool in Bay City.  It looks like it would be a cool place for swim team RP, and it is in a General region, as well (on the border between Bay City - Barnstable and Bay City - Dennis - with half of the pool building in each region).  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Barnstable/207/147/22

508932791_20210114BayCityMunicipalPool-BayCity-Barnstable_001.thumb.png.a060dff4a13e88659b420d2232c6c296.png

1848931254_20210114BayCityMunicipalPool-BayCity-Barnstable_002.thumb.jpg.cab8cc0c5ca43f5ae09f2f299a46ee9f.jpg

Aw, yay! Hope my random comment can help! The Crystal Blue Pool is a lovely building and it has some nice features inside that would work great for a swim team RP!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...