This name is unavailable message

Nixkie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I get "This name is unavailable" when looking at certain profiles I have messaged them because they currently own the land I am renting and I am unsure if the messages are going though.

Edited by Nixkie

4 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Nixkie said:

I get "This name is unavailable" when looking at certain profiles I have messaged them because they currently own the land I am renting and I am unsure if the messages are going though.

The only time I've gotten that when looking up profiles is when the account has been deleted or banned.   That doesn't make sense in this case, since typically land would have been reclaimed if the person requested their account be deleted or if they got banned - which, of course, would mean you couldn't still be renting some land (or at least not be able to get to said land).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only time I've gotten that when looking up profiles is when the account has been deleted or banned.   That doesn't make sense in this case, since typically land would have been reclaimed if the person requested their account be deleted or if they got banned - which, of course, would mean you couldn't still be renting some land (or at least not be able to get to said land).

I've actually had this response when I've clicked on a name ON my friend list on the my second life page.  Never understood how that could be.  

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Remember, of course, that this is holiday season and that some routine functions are a bit slower than usual.  I suppose it might take a while for the Land Ops crew to sort out which landowners have left SL and then deal with the people and objects that are still there. 

Log into your account at https://my.secondlife.com/ and append the person's username to the end of that URL (for example, JoeBloggs Resident would be at my.secondlife.com/joebloggs). If it returns the same 'this name is unavailable' message then the account has gone from Second Life.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.