Like to interview residents inworld for a blog series

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I don't have a house 🙄 so keep an eye out if you're passing by any large culvert, bridge or heavily wooded park.
If you look really carefully you'll see my shopping trolley sneakily parked somewhere nearby. ☺️
Just yell out and I should appear. 👌 

Haha, sounds intriguing! I will yell then! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this is a great idea!

You can interview me if you like but it looks like you have plenty already.

There have been a number of books written about SL but not about its inner life in the way you envision.

I wrote a book about Snowden that has a chapter with something about SL and former Lindens and I hope to write a book about SL some day but it will be more about politics.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think this is a great idea!

You can interview me if you like but it looks like you have plenty already.

There have been a number of books written about SL but not about its inner life in the way you envision.

I wrote a book about Snowden that has a chapter with something about SL and former Lindens and I hope to write a book about SL some day but it will be more about politics.

Hi Prokovy Neva, well let's see. Today I have two interviews. I guess I must make a schedule (I'm not a schedule type of person 🙂 ). It's good to have a good number of residents to interview, it may take some time. Then you also have the greatest chance of diversity. So I will certainly love to interview you, it can take some time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Today I had a very interesting conversation with BelindaM. I didn't know here before. But the ones here who DO know here, know how she could completely suprise me :-).

SL is full of surprises! 😜

Nice meeting up.

• Like 3

THE FIRST BLOG!

Hi all, @BelindaNhas seen the text and commented on it for the first blog of the interview series. Now I can share it here so you can have an idea about the form and style of the blogs:

https://angelusvanengelen.homesteadcloud.com/belinda-newell

I will eventually also publish the blogs inworld, and you, very helpfull forum people gave me a few names of experienced SL authors who I will contact for advise.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Dear people, for those I have been in contact with for an appointment, I WILL contact you. Have had 2 interviews now and tomorrow another appointment for an interview. because I like to work directly with the text after I've had the interview (the memory is still fresh then 🙂 ) I don't have two interviews after another. But this series will grow steadily!

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 2

Utill now I have interviewd three residents: Belinda Newell, Lewis Luminos and GoSpeed Rasere. There are I others here who said they liked to be interviewd and I will contact them. Sometimes it's a bit of a puzzle due to the time zones. But one way or another: I keep trying to contact everybody who wishes to be interviewed for these little portraits.

https://angelusvanengelen.homesteadcloud.com/second-life-our-passion

If there are others here who liked to be interviewed too, apart those who allready said they are available for an interview: let me know!

Contact me inworld (Angelus van Engelen), or here at the forum, by PM or bij mail: angelusvanengelen@gmail.com.

I am planning to make a long term project of this, so I will have a varierity of protraits of residents in SL! Eventually I will bundle the portraits and make a book of it, to be published both inworld and in RL. I am now planning to contact writers in SL who have exprience in writing and publishing inworld (GoSpeed Rasere thanks for your information!).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 1

The portrait gallery of SL residents grows steadily! I interviewed Richard, a fair, well build, curly red haired guy. He doesn't owns a house in Second Life. He prefers to go were he wants. But 'home' is a broad concept and he certainly has a favoriete place! But what is his passion? Also editing an interview I had with Owl Dragonash, she organizes music festivals and art exhibitions. But first: Richard!

Richard (homesteadcloud.com)

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5

What a fun vist it was to @Owl Dragonash! Now owl is a special being and a sight to behold! Se had firy red rasta hair, wore antlers on her head and colourfull little wings on her back. She said she is an owl, faun, elf and a woman since 2007. I knew she was a busy bee to say the least: always organising cultural events. Let's hear what she has to say about her home and her dearest passion...

https://angelusvanengelen.homesteadcloud.com/second-life-our-passion/owl-dragonash

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 6

Great interview with the famous SL writer @Huckleberry Hax. When you meet someone in an office for an interview you imagine all sorts of things. When I arrived in the realm of famous Second Life writer Huckleberry Hax, the fantasy matched reality completely. Only the reality in SL added something to it. It was as if I had landed in a 70s movie like All the presidents men. Picture this: veneer wood furniture and walls, a globe, a cabinet with liquor, an old TV, iron beige-brown filing cabinets and Huckleberry Hax himself sitting behind his desk, looking like a boss with his sleeves rolled up. This was vintage in the superlative sense.

https://angelusvanengelen.homesteadcloud.com/second-life-our-passion/huckleberry-hax

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 6

On 1/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, archangel969 said:

What a fun vist it was to @Owl Dragonash! Now owl is a special being and a sight to behold! Se had firy red rasta hair, wore antlers on her head and colourfull little wings on her back. She said she is an owl, faun, elf and a woman since 2007. I knew she was a busy bee to say the least: always organising cultural events. Let's hear what she has to say about her home and her dearest passion...

https://angelusvanengelen.homesteadcloud.com/second-life-our-passion/owl-dragonash

what a fun style of interviewing you have! Thank you @archangel969for the experience and article : ) Hoot

• Like 2

On 1/13/2021 at 6:01 PM, archangel969 said:

Oh, and if you see some errors in my blogs: do not hesitate to report it to me. I try the best I can, but I am simply not a native speaker / writer of English, so if I miss anything, feel free to say so.

Idk if this will help @archangel969  https://www.grammarly.com/m There are some plug-ins which will grammar and spell check in the language of the reader also.  I found a list of them by googling but I won’t paste as it was extensive (from my domain host - GreenGeeks) and idk if such a thing depends on your domain host or not.  Sorry I’m not very techie!  
I’ve enjoyed your interviews and your style immensely so far and I’m very excited about your book!  I hope you’ll make an inworld SL version of your book also as I will certainly be proud to have such a book with your interviews of so many interesting writers, a few of whom I already familiar with and highly respect.  You attract interesting people with your interesting ideas and approach.  Thank you for adding your creativity to SL and RL... ultimately these are the same in my experience.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Idk if this will help @archangel969  https://www.grammarly.com/m There are some plug-ins which will grammar and spell check in the language of the reader also.  I found a list of them by googling but I won’t paste as it was extensive (from my domain host - GreenGeeks) and idk if such a thing depends on your domain host or not.  Sorry I’m not very techie!  
I’ve enjoyed your interviews and your style immensely so far and I’m very excited about your book!  I hope you’ll make an inworld SL version of your book also as I will certainly be proud to have such a book with your interviews of so many interesting writers, a few of whom I already familiar with and highly respect.  You attract interesting people with your interesting ideas and approach.  Thank you for adding your creativity to SL and RL... ultimately these are the same in my experience.

Thank you very much for you kind words and the grammar and spell check tool, I 'm afraid I need it LOL!

Such a great adventure this is. And I really admire the people I interviewed. Of course, beacuse I am a writer myself (in rl mainly a novelist and in SL a reporter) and interested in arts, it is good to interview residents here who are also into writing or the arts. But for this interview series  you don't have to be an SL writer, an artist or a SL celebrity. Everyone is special. That's why my main questions are about home (can also be a special place) and your dearest passion. Everyone can talk about these subjects. That's my goal. To talk with a variety of residents and make insightful but light portraits of them. Respect and sincere interest are the keywords.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nyahrou said:

if this is still going on, i'm down!!

Yes of course, this is a long lasting project! Happy to interview you if you like. Matching time zones ( I live in Central European Time) is the most complex aspect of this I have found out, but we will figure it out!

• Like 2

Just now, archangel969 said:

Yes of course, this is a long lasting project! Happy to interview you if you like. Matching time zones ( I live in Central European Time) is the most complex aspect of this I have found out, but we will figure it out!

Mmhm, timezones can be a ***** but they always work out ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Have lost count how many times this forum has censored my well thought out wordings LOL

Mmhm, I don't visit the forums much so I didn't even know it did that ewe

I actually wanted to create a series of videos on YouTube about SL, but I doubt it'd get much traction. The only  YT videos I've found about SL that seem "successful" paint this platform in a negative light.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.