sl events?

liko211

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi i saw this video live from museweb conference it was very nice

im wondering if sl events like this are going to happen in the future or if anyone know of any id love to take part

in the development of sl inworld :) and see what is going on if there is events or conferences that will happen soon!

17 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

@liko211you could try this new feature

isn't that for Linden events/meetings instead of the forum and blogposts?
As far i understand you can add your own calender to it, but wont that be seen by the user only? Can't really imagine it will be usable if everybody can add their advertisment spam and non event garbage

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

isn't that for Linden events/meetings instead of the forum and blogposts?
As far i understand you can add your own calender to it, but wont that be seen by the user only? Can't really imagine it will be usable if everybody can add their advertisment spam and non event garbage

I honestly didn't watch the video posted above.  I just knew the calendar had official SL events listed and wasn't sure if that was what the OP was interested in.  The actual user events listing is basically like you said.. Full of useless info mostly.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:52 AM, liko211 said:

hi i saw this video live from museweb conference it was very nice

im wondering if sl events like this are going to happen in the future or if anyone know of any id love to take part

in the development of sl inworld :) and see what is going on if there is events or conferences that will happen soon!

I think that particular video was from a conference where an outside organization made arrangements to hold part of their proceedings in-world this year.  I think that there have been other similar type events since the Covid-19 outbreak and cancellation of so many RL in-person conferences.  I was reading or listening to one of the Lindens discussing some of these events recently, though I don't remember if it was one of the Forum Linden blog posts (maybe  one of the ones looking back at 2020?) or if it was on one of the LL produced videos (like Lab Gab). 

Whether something like this was publicized for the larger SL population would probably depend on the type of event and the hosting organization.   For security and other issues, I could imagine an organization deciding to utilize the SL platform for some type of event might wish to have the event limited to just their organization's members.   Keep an eye on the Linden blogs - when there is something new happening, especially with a partnership with some outside organization, if it is open to the general SL population, I think it likely would be featured in a LL blog post. 

7 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I think that particular video was from a conference where an outside organization made arrangements to hold part of their proceedings in-world this year.  I think that there have been other similar type events since the Covid-19 outbreak and cancellation of so many RL in-person conferences.  I was reading or listening to one of the Lindens discussing some of these events recently, though I don't remember if it was one of the Forum Linden blog posts (maybe  one of the ones looking back at 2020?) or if it was on one of the LL produced videos (like Lab Gab). 

Whether something like this was publicized for the larger SL population would probably depend on the type of event and the hosting organization.   For security and other issues, I could imagine an organization deciding to utilize the SL platform for some type of event might wish to have the event limited to just their organization's members.   Keep an eye on the Linden blogs - when there is something new happening, especially with a partnership with some outside organization, if it is open to the general SL population, I think it likely would be featured in a LL blog post. 

Yes and i was wondering is there going to be like more events like this in the future and if so where can i find them any names or dates i migth have to look out for it all seemed so fun

10 hours ago, liko211 said:

Yes and i was wondering is there going to be like more events like this in the future and if so where can i find them any names or dates i migth have to look out for it all seemed so fun

When it's a partnership with an outside organization hosting an event in-world, it might be more likely that the outside organization publicizes it among it's members.  If the outside organization wants to have the event opened to the general SL public, I'd watch for announcements in the LL Featured News Blogs - that is where both the Titmouse Smash Party and an Adult Swim screening party were announced last year.  Also, when there are Lab Gabs or Meet the Lindens events at the SL Birthday celebrations, watch for ones that involve the Marketing Team - they often talk about new partnerships, etc., in the works for the future. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.