Encroachment on Linden waterway

Lloyd Overland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just used the report function to flag to LL an object clearly blocking the Linden protected channel. What I do not know, as it is the first time I have reported encroachment, is how likely are LL to take action? I am surprised in truth that the object has not been reported before as I it is on a coastal waterway in West Sansara so I'd assume I am not the first person to pass. I got round it by moving my boat past the obstruction via the edit menu but clearly this kills immersion at that spot.

What do others do in this situation?

I am not sure how clear the pictures are but the highlighted boundary is the Linden channel and the obstruction from over and under the water. The boundary line behind shows where the Linden channel starts:

image.png.bdb98153d3e6b815d4120cae6de9b2d2.png

image.png.1b47227dc555775c9ee994b2dfbec2d6.png

Edited by Lloyd Overland
Add clearer picture

If you made it clear that the object blocks travel through Linden protected water, there should eventually be a response. (They generally don't care much about encroachment unless it blocks vehicle travel.)

A response may take a while, depending on their workload, but if nothing happens after a week, maybe recruit among sailing groups for some help in filing ARs. Governance has sometimes claimed that "AR parties" aren't productive but my experience is that individual reports of these relatively low-priority abuses aren't always given much attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just poking out into a large area of protected water doesn't automatically mean it's going to get a response. Is there a clear, easy, obvious path past it? Is the item phantom? The root prim of a linkset still needs to be on an owned parcel so there is a limit to how far it can stick out. I have a parcel with items clearly on a linden owned location that they are well aware of. It's not an issue because not only don't they impede the use of that location, they enhance it. Reporting items that don't actually impede use is just being a troll and you'll likely be dismissed as such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

Just poking out into a large area of protected water doesn't automatically mean it's going to get a response. Is there a clear, easy, obvious path past it? Is the item phantom? The root prim of a linkset still needs to be on an owned parcel so there is a limit to how far it can stick out. I have a parcel with items clearly on a linden owned location that they are well aware of. It's not an issue because not only don't they impede the use of that location, they enhance it. Reporting items that don't actually impede use is just being a troll and you'll likely be dismissed as such.

I am sorry that I didn't change the picture to sunlight as it is less clear than it should have been. The encroaching pier was not phantom, was impassable and went right across the Linden waterway on the region edge. I have never seen a clearer encroachment and I am delighted to say that Linden Lab clearly agreed as the encroaching items have been fully removed and the channel is now passable.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.