group limit please

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

everywhere I look it seems to be totally out of date, so i'd love some clarification before i start removing myself from groups unnecessarily 

what is the current FREE (account) limit for groups??

at the moment i am a premium, i am sitting on 60 groups, with 10 remaining... but this year i wont be renewing it, (its too much in aussie dollars) 

After your Premium runs out, you'll stay in all of the groups you're currently in. You won't lose any groups.

But you will be unable to join any new groups until you're below the limit of a free account, which is 42.

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/premium-membership-r346/#Section__6_4

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

You don't need to remove yourself from groups if you are downgrading to Basic.  You'll stay in any groups that you are in now.  You just can't add any more if you are already above the Basic limit.  (I don't have a clue what the Basic limit is any more, though, because I don't come anywhere near to it.)

Edit:  Oh, Wulfie knows.  ^^  ;) 

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

but ok..say a brand new store pops up.. and i want to be a member.. can i delete one group, and replace?
or do i have to get right down below 41..in order to join a new group?
..coz i dunno what else i'd unjoin, just to join something new

6 minutes ago, xBaeBeex said:

but ok..say a brand new store pops up.. and i want to be a member.. can i delete one group, and replace?
or do i have to get right down below 41..in order to join a new group?
..coz i dunno what else i'd unjoin, just to join something new

you'd have to get below 42 to add a group.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

Yikes... i mean, if i had to i dont even know which groups i would choose to drop.. all of them are important LOL.. (to me anyway) damn... thats.. hard.. 

I'd just keep the ones that charge a fee to join.  A found a lot of notices for some groups go out in other all encompassing groups.  Seraphim, frock&nest used to be a good one for clothes and home stuff.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, Desiree Moonwinder said:

Do you think its coincidental that the number of groups (i.e., 42) just happens to be the same as "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything," as told in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams?

Could be.  After all, it was originally 30.  But I think LL chose it deliberately.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:29 PM, xBaeBeex said:

Yikes... i mean, if i had to i dont even know which groups i would choose to drop.. all of them are important LOL.. (to me anyway) damn... thats.. hard.. 

Have you actually taken a look what your groups? I did that a while back. Looked at every group I was in and reconsidered if I actually need that group. Its like decluttering ones inventory. There will probably be groups you haven't used in years. And unless there are some rights, benefits or a jon fee attached, you won't lose anything from leaving.

• Lindens
On 1/5/2021 at 3:33 PM, Desiree Moonwinder said:

Do you think its coincidental that the number of groups (i.e., 42) just happens to be the same as "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything," as told in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams?

It is not a coincidence. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2021 at 2:16 AM, RowanMinx said:

I'd just keep the ones that charge a fee to join.  A found a lot of notices for some groups go out in other all encompassing groups.  Seraphim, frock&nest used to be a good one for clothes and home stuff.

I removed lots of groups, since I plan to revert to basic in March. I know it is early to do so, but I needed to see what I really had. I have over 42 groups left, and all cost money to join. Or a few are free now, but I know they suddenly cost money again, because they go back and forth between that and free.

So to get down to 41 groups, I need to leave paid groups. I think it is enough groups with a low fee, to make me down to 41. But it will be tight.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.