South East Asia communities here in SL

Earthwatervirgo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

East Asian here but since the topic is Southeast Asia, if I remember correctly, the owner of Pattaya Beach Resort is Thai (or based in Thailand at least?) and most of his tenants are from Thailand and Vietnam. You might be able to get in touch with them. KoTA which is originally a Korean-made sim for the Korean community attracts a lot of K-Pop fans from Thailand, Philippines, etc. My Korean friend says there are more Thais who hang-out there than actual Koreans lol

I cannot recommend a lot of community sims by fellow Japanese as they tend to be rather closed off to foreigners (and sometimes for good reasons), but I can send you landmarks of public places of interest if you like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

ey everyone. I started a group named "ASEAN SL User". The idea for this group is gathering point for all SL user who are native to the countries in ASEAN. You might ask, why create a group like this. Mainly to gather users from this region and to support each other.

One of my biggest issue as a SL user living in this region is time. Number 1, i miss out in all the fun. All the best event as schedule according to the US time. You might say, the shops are still there, you can go shopping yourself.

Number 2, Its lonely walking and shopping in SL by yourself. How i love to have someone from from timezone to be able to chat and go shopping together.

So i hope all user can ASEAN from join my group. Fyi, this group is founder based on LGBTQ friendliness. The only house rule i have for the group now is, that members should at least be birth and raise in ASEAN.

Note: If you are from other part of asia and you like to join the group, the group will be happy to welcome you too, just that we need to share with you where you are from.

13 hours ago, Earthwatervirgo said:

The only house rule i have for the group now is, that members should at least be birth and raise in ASEAN.

I guess that leaves me out. I have lived in Asia in general since 1985, I was educated in China and Japan and I have lived in Thailand for 24 years. I am a Thai citizen, I can read write and speak Thai and Chinese fluently but I was not born here. You want people to be tolerant (accepting is a better word which we use in Thailand) of LGBTQ but you're intolerant of immigrants, expats and people who have made the choice to live in ASEAN countries. 

13 hours ago, Earthwatervirgo said:

Note: If you are from other part of asia and you like to join the group, the group will be happy to welcome you too, just that we need to share with you where you are from.

So you're saying you really don't care that they are NOT from ASEAN countries in fact, just that they are Asian and not immigrants, expats or foreigners? 

I'll stick with the Thai groups, they are opened to everyone even if they have never visited Thailand. mai pen rai, chok dee.

Edited by Max Nova
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.