Several regions vanished

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed when I tried to teleport to stores. Slink disappeared from the map. Same for Ison. Also, when I tried to TP to Lock & Tuft got an error message saying the teleport was routed to the wrong region, and I was taken nowhere. People are complaining in several group chats.

When will LL start taking seriously that SL is a global thing? Isn't that one of the cloud purposes? So why is Support off?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe someone forgot to pay the tier fees.

Not likely, that would be quite some people owning stores.

[EDIT] Also, I got the info that Slink owners noticed the issue around midnight SLT and filed a ticket.

Edited by MBeatrix
more info

Another fine example: "Palau" neighboring "Lenox and Blueberry". Usually, you could walk from one onto the other. Today, L. and B. got a plain, big waste of ocean as their neighbor.

The Vinyl mainstore on Palau and Lock & Tuft are part of today's Fifty Linden Friday line-up, but cannot be reached.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Another fine example: "Palau" neighboring "Lenox and Blueberry". Usually, you could walk from one onto the other. Today, L. and B. got a plain, big waste of ocean as their neighbor.

The Vinyl mainstore on Palau and Lock & Tuft are part of today's Fifty Linden Friday line-up, but cannot be reached.

It's getting worse, then. I was at Vinyl earlier...

2 hours ago, MBeatrix said:

got an error message saying the teleport was routed to the wrong region, and I was taken nowhere

That's it! That's why I came here now to start a topic of, now I don't have to :D

A few days ago I got this error for the first time, with my home region. I was logged in there with an alt too, while testing a new product of mine, at least I finished packaging, then while I was messing with the MP listing (through the viewer) I got both accounts disconnected. When I relogged, it took me to an infohub, saying my last location was unavailable. Okay. Let's look it up on the map. The parcel name info showed entirely different parcels! In fact, the names of parcels that were on a totally random other region, not even near the one I was looking at. Then the region restarted a few minutes later and was working fine again.

Today, just now it happens again, with another region. I teleport to a lot of sims weekly, I guess it's not too bad if I only ran into this twice so far, but it isn't reassuring if it's not a rare issue lately. When I asked a few people about it a few days ago, they said they have never seen this "routed to wrong region" error, or the map showing parcel names of another region. Neither have I. It looks like some functions are getting really confused since the uplift, mostly the simulator and land info related ones.

• Thanks 1

@AlettaMondragonI am going to guess that your issue is due to a function (maybe scripted) that requires a destination location to be correctly resolved, and it clearly is not.  There are a number of functions that LL either did not realise existed or did not realise that locations need to be fully resolved to function.

This is a classic example of LL staff not fully understanding the intricacies of their own system.  I suspect some of them (staff) are too new to really know what is needed.

The "vanishing sim issue" today is another classic example of LL not being on duty on such a hoiday.  It's a griefers' bonanza.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Aishagain said:

This is a classic example of LL staff not fully understanding the intricacies of their own system.  I suspect some of them (staff) are too new to really know what is needed.

The "vanishing sim issue" today is another classic example of LL not being on duty on such a hoiday.  It's a griefers' bonanza.

Suffice it to say, this is simply not the case and at best mostly incorrect.  

We are here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.