why would i have been given 10 sec eviction warning from a place that a friend tp'd me to?

lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That happens if you go to places that are secured by security orbs or similar devices. If you are not on the access list, you get booted after a short countdown - if there is a countdown at all. It has nothing to do with age verification. That are devices everybody can install on their property. You should ask your friend if you two really went to your friends place - or if he/she "borrowed" somebody else's home and furniture. ;)

This has happened to me lots of times. Sometimes when I am just exploring, and sometimes when I am an invited guest at a friend's house.  A lot of people set up security devices and unless they add you to the "allowed" list, you do automatically get thrown out after a few seconds (the owner of the security device can set the time from 1 second to 5 minutes or so).

With a friend, of course, it is a genuine error.  They don't ever get ejected by their own security device, and tend to forget they have one in place when inviting people over.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.