Jump to content

Any thoughts on the MIRANA body? Or new and upcoming bodies at that?


Recommended Posts

After trying the demo, I think they are heading in the right direction..The body has more contour to it in a few places which I like.. Like at the collar bones and small of the back.. I like how the shoulders are back more also for the posture.. It's different and has me curious enough.. hehehe

I'll try it at 3900, but over 6k, no.. It will be fun to toy with..

I'll probably just get it on my alt..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ... Laughed.    L$6.5K for something that has almost no information on it, and what little information it is appears to have been translated via Google Translate. 

For what it's worth, I had big hips and lips in RL/SL.long before the Kardashians. 😄😄

If people really want to look like a banjo with boobs and legs they already have at least two options that are well supported and one is considerably cheaper.

Posted Images

   I ... Laughed.

f1abc7a6cfc1e2bfef5260c87f262299.png

   L$6.5K for something that has almost no information on it, and what little information it is appears to have been translated via Google Translate. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to run into anyone wearing the Mirana body in the wild.

I collected a second round of head & body stats this week during events and did notice several dozen people wearing the Mirana demo deformers with their Lara or Freya bodies.

Top 200 heads with 20419 unique wearers:

ULF8saz.png

Top 100 bodies with 21840 unique wearers:

c5oh6zc.png

#1 is still around 40% market share this second week.

I did notice an avg. 6x increase in Kupra encounters from the week before.

It's listed twice due to each having different creators, assuming the original creator later went with a new account to market it.

FWIW - My system has been incorrectly combining the Legacy Male and Legacy Athletic Male bodies numbers so it will take time for that data to fix itself, but have added a protocol to correct any human errors I make with data collection going forward.

Top 200 head & body combinations with 19916 unique wearers:

T65pEG8.png

IDK when I'll post numbers again. Maybe after 50,000 unique users have been seen or any significant events have happened.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I have yet to run into anyone wearing the Mirana body in the wild.

I collected a second round of head & body stats this week during events and did notice several dozen people wearing the Mirana demo deformers with their Lara or Freya bodies.

 

What does that mean, they have demo'ed Mirana, but forgot to take off the deformers?

They were interested enough to take a demo, but not interested enough to buy it.

Edited by Marianne Little
ty
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

What does that mean, they have demo'ed Mirana, but forgot to take off the deformers?

They were interested enough to take a demo, but not interested enough to buy it.

Your guess is as good as mine, but one can assume one or the other.

Maybe they liked the effect those deformers had on their other mesh bodies.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Your guess is as good as mine, but one can assume one or the other.

Maybe they liked the effect those deformers had on their other mesh bodies.

Aha, it is a separate gift deformer pack! No wonder it's popular, deformers cost 200 L or more. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MIRANA-body-DEFORMERSEnhancers-Pack-DEMO-gift/20533731

I bought it. Interesting to see the effects.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I have yet to run into anyone wearing the Mirana body in the wild.

I collected a second round of head & body stats this week during events and did notice several dozen people wearing the Mirana demo deformers with their Lara or Freya bodies.

Top 200 heads with 20419 unique wearers:

ULF8saz.png

Top 100 bodies with 21840 unique wearers:

c5oh6zc.png

#1 is still around 40% market share this second week.

I did notice an avg. 6x increase in Kupra encounters from the week before.

It's listed twice due to each having different creators, assuming the original creator later went with a new account to market it.

FWIW - My system has been incorrectly combining the Legacy Male and Legacy Athletic Male bodies numbers so it will take time for that data to fix itself, but have added a protocol to correct any human errors I make with data collection going forward.

Top 200 head & body combinations with 19916 unique wearers:

T65pEG8.png

IDK when I'll post numbers again. Maybe after 50,000 unique users have been seen or any significant events have happened.

I don't think anyone can wear it now though as early in thread it says it comes with pants but no top and there are no clothes for it.

I'd say the passing up of this body by creators to make clothes for it could have more to do with the economy than the body itself.  However, I cannot prove that as I am not in the market for a new body at this time and at this price most likely I'd pass no matter what body so I haven't tried a demo.  It's too pricey and it's not my dream body.  My dream body is something different, something unique that doesn't exist in SL right now.   But, I wouldn't pay 6.5K linden even for my dream body, not at this time or this year most likely.  

As a creator, my current creating plans for SL for Spring 2021 are to make a few greenhouses (or perhaps only one style) and that is it because I feel it's not worth my time to create because of the current situations with coronavirus.  So, I will create one or two greenhouses, and that's even a maybe.  Normally from now through Spring, I'd probably make about 30 items (including stuff for my Dinkie) and I'm debating whether to make even one item right now for the next several months.  So, that's production almost at a standstill for me. 

As a body, it's similar to Legacy.  What this body has is the possibility of a more stable HUD than Legacy perhaps as a selling point but if creator's have to raise prices to do more work, it's not worth it in the current economic climate, imo.  And, if creator's raise prices on things, that's even more horrible for SL overall.  Also, if you have to tint the hands and other parts, that's kind of a turn-off as I did that with Slink feet and wouldn't want to do it again.  Just doing one elf ear on my avi yesterday took about an hour to tint and position the darn thing.

Good luck, but with parts one may have to tint, it's way over-priced.    

 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Aha, it is a separate gift deformer pack! No wonder it's popular, deformers cost 200 L or more. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MIRANA-body-DEFORMERSEnhancers-Pack-DEMO-gift/20533731

I bought it. Interesting to see the effects.

When they said it'll work for male avatars, I had to pick up a copy to see how it will work with the flat butt the Gianni body suffers from.  

Look at mah butt.

Before deformer: DeformerExp01.thumb.png.48180bf568e23e3055fa7d31d437c124.png

After the deformers:DeformerExp02.thumb.png.6ea7f217dc75b15add6c43b49890025d.png

DeformerExp03.thumb.png.b38d5d3335f67e15a6f4e7ccf6fb6b53.png

DeformerExp04.thumb.png.e301db1e5f130925cd8fffc00dcb4936.png

DeformerExp05.thumb.png.6410e0aa608330e2cb7a8f76f13bf10a.png

DeformerExp06.thumb.png.f819478a234821a675cb18f29c24921e.png

DeformerExp07.thumb.png.4a028419c39d6a2db4b9c05924a9bd49.png

That was a fun experiment.  It's nice that they offered the deformer as a free gift, I'll give them that.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

When they said it'll work for male avatars, I had to pick up a copy to see how it will work with the flat butt the Gianni body suffers from.  

Look at mah butt.

Before deformer: DeformerExp01.thumb.png.48180bf568e23e3055fa7d31d437c124.png

After the deformers:DeformerExp02.thumb.png.6ea7f217dc75b15add6c43b49890025d.png

DeformerExp03.thumb.png.b38d5d3335f67e15a6f4e7ccf6fb6b53.png

DeformerExp04.thumb.png.e301db1e5f130925cd8fffc00dcb4936.png

DeformerExp05.thumb.png.6410e0aa608330e2cb7a8f76f13bf10a.png

DeformerExp06.thumb.png.f819478a234821a675cb18f29c24921e.png

DeformerExp07.thumb.png.4a028419c39d6a2db4b9c05924a9bd49.png

That was a fun experiment.  It's nice that they offered the deformer as a free gift, I'll give them that.

 

To be fair, I saw a few guys wearing them too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

To be fair, I saw a few guys wearing them too.

I'm curious to know how deformers work.  I thought it was a script or animation that's doing this magic, but when I tried to dissect the item, the contents tab comes up empty. 😕

Edited by Eddy Vortex
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 10:59 PM, Orwar said:

   I ... Laughed.

f1abc7a6cfc1e2bfef5260c87f262299.png

   L$6.5K for something that has almost no information on it, and what little information it is appears to have been translated via Google Translate. 

or it was done by design. To get people talking about the product. On the basis that more eyes looking is better than less

i wouldn't mind some fisics, ordinary physics are soooo yesterday. And who doesn't want a alfalfa mask ?!? alpha ?? pfft! Annd all them other peeps got plain old nails, I got me some neils, so yanno !!! 😸 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

I got me some neils

   But where do they find all the Neils? And what does customizing them entail?!

neil-armstrong-9188943-2-402.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this body is much too expensive for no clothes and not offering anything new.

That being said, it always seems like a chicken or egg scenario... No one wears the body because there are no clothes for it, no one makes clothes for the new body because nobody is wearing it. So it makes new bodies hard to breakout into the MP.

What I would really like is more body diveristy, if people are gonna make new HQ bodies. And of course, clothes for those bodies becoming more popular. I know there are two overweight avatars, but they're both called... *sighs* "Piggu", which is not very nice if you just want an avatar that looks like yourself IRL. The Vivendi body's size options are nice without a mean name, but I have yet to see any clothing that supports it. Would also love more masculine female bodies and more feminine male bodies. Yeah, I know the Maitreya Lara has the V-Tech option and that's what I'm using! But not as many skin and clothing options still. :C

I know exactly why they aren't more popular, but still... I Yearn...

Link to post
Share on other sites

   I do think that there is room both for niche bodies and more 'mainstream' mesh bodies, especially if made right.

   Two of my friends decided to try on a demo of the Mirana body to play around with shapes and check out the mesh, and compared it to the Kupra. The hands are really quite nicely done, and the bottom half of the body can be shaped quite nicely. The breasts however begin to look weird if you reduce their size, they get 'squished up' in a rather unflattering manner.

   It does seem like it is made for a niche that already has plenty going for it though, competing with the likes of Kupra (which is doing fairly well by the looks of it; it has a decent amount of support as far as I've seen).

   If someone were to make a nicely meshed, female BOM-only body that's more athletic (being able to have a smaller butt than Maitreya, the breast sliders being more focused on detail within a more restricted maximum size, etc), I for one would jump on it pretty quickly. 

   As far as pricing is concerned, I wouldn't honestly mind paying L$5K or thereabouts for a good body, it's something you get so much use of after all - but then it has to be a good body, both out of a technical and aesthetic point of view.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, justicekitty said:

The Vivendi body's size options are nice without a mean name, but I have yet to see any clothing that supports it. Would also love more masculine female bodies and more feminine male bodies.

I have yet to see a Vivendi body in the wild. As far as masculine feminine bodies, is the Nana body too "much":

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

The breasts however begin to look weird if you reduce their size, they get 'squished up' in a rather unflattering manner.

Have they tried the Kupra Kups version?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 11:24 PM, FairreLilette said:

That works out good for you.  But not for me.  I was going to send some creator's a notecard to please start sculpting some smaller lips so we can have a variety of lip looks as humans are quite varied.  I'd love to see a super model thin type body too...at least it's something different and I'd be interested in that.  More Kardasian clone's, no.  At least Kupra has originality to it.  

Uhm.. There are a lot of heads that can have thinner lips if shaped correctly. Same for bodies as well. Nobody really needs to make a thinner body because there's already maitreya and the other bodies can be quite thin as well. I'm wearing legacy which is the second most popular body and my avi is really thin. I'm not going to really get into how demeaning it is to call people who like curvier shapes and fuller lips 'Kardashian clones.' Especially considering there's a group of people who have those features naturally.

Edited by Un33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Un33 said:

Nobody really needs to make a thinner body because there's already xx and the other bodies can be quite thin as well. I'm wearing legacy which is the second most popular body and my avi is really thin.

so lets forbid newer or other accents on bodies because there can be no need for by your opinion  and you have one by  a scam company body that can be smaller?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

so lets forbid newer or other accents on bodies because there can be no need for by your opinion  and you have one by  a scam company body that can be smaller?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that what this person is asking for is already possible. I mean sure, we can make thinner bodies, but I just don't think there's a need when most of them are already able to be thin with long legs.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Un33 said:

 I'm saying that what this person is asking for is already possible. I

many people hate the legacy, for obvious reasons in history
many people don't like maitreya
making bodies smaller change the overall look in curves and sizes
newer bodies might have lower renderweights
etc
etc
all reason not to use "no need for"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

many people hate the legacy, for obvious reasons in history
many people don't like maitreya
making bodies smaller change the overall look in curves and sizes
newer bodies might have lower renderweights
etc
etc
all reason not to use "no need for"

know what? I'm gonna agree with you there and I'll take back my 'no need for'. Though none of those reasons seemed to have been taken into consideration by the person I was originally replying to. Seemed mostly a need for a thinner looking body while throwing 'kardashian clone' around. Gave me icky vibes.

I also don't believe these bodies are as limiting as people make them out to be. It's not impossible to achieve varying shapes and sizes. Especially if all you want to do is be thin.

Edited by Un33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Un33 said:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that what this person is asking for is already possible. I mean sure, we can make thinner bodies, but I just don't think there's a need when most of them are already able to be thin with long legs.

It's possible but the buttocks on Maitreya is still too big even at 36 wide on the legs.  Oh, many, many people say that we could use one size smaller for Maitreya plus I was speaking about a super model thin type of body with a great bone structure could be fun as we don't have one like that.   Maitreya for smaller, thin or petite is pretty good but many use a butt deformer for their butt to go smaller and there are numerous threads on this forum regarding just that - how can I make my Maitreya butt smaller.  Legs at 40 plus for Maitreya is mostly needed or else the butt sticks out far too much.

And, no there aren't many heads with smaller lips as you said above.  However, one did just come out now and it's one of Lelutka's new heads I just saw yesterday.

The Kardashian lip has been a very real thing and especially even in real life that it took over the cosmetic industry, and that is exactly what the beauty isles full of lip products call it "the Kardashian lip".  There is the "Kylie Jenner lip" too for a little variety.  lol

Edited by FairreLilette
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...