Mesh Clothes for (TMP) Legacy Classic Male Body

jackevans1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey. Been looking around on the marketplace and inworld to find mesh clothes that fit the TMP Male Body, now called Legacy Classic apparently.. was wondering if anyone knew any creators I could check out that made some in the past or are still making versions for this. I have found Invictus and GAS so far that make reliable and good quality mesh clothes for that body. But I can't find anything else between the heaps and heaps of applier clothes or clothes that don't have demo's etc. (like gacha's) on the marketplace.

The TMP body (both the free version and the paid version) are very old bodies and so like Slink it is getting more difficult to find clothes to fit. I suggest going to some big male stores -- Etham, AD, Lapointe & BastChild type places   .. who have been around awhile and look in the OLDER area (often on sale).  If I remember correctly the free TMP body didn't have any alphas so things need to fit PERFECTLY in order to work (hence one reason it was free and basically a demo). 

Going to the new events won't be of any help as the TMP body was discontinued long ago. The Legacy body is a NEW body by the  same people and as far as I know those clothes don't fit TMP.  IF the Legacy clothes fit the old TMP body then you should be able to find things easily at the Events, but I certainly haven't seen any comments that lead me to believe the new clothes work for the old body :D.  

There really aren't any outstanding choices for male bodies these days (if that is you take into account the history of the makers, and "I" do). Someone asked me yesterday which male body I would pick and I said Gianni simply because there are more clothes made for it than Jake.  There are other bodies too of course, but there is that clothes thing.    Legacy has plenty of clothing support, I just won't buy from those folks. 

EDIT: I did a search on the marketplace and found a wide variety of TMP clothes with demos, so you might look there.  Of course some will NOT be TMP as we know that search isn't infalable.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=10&search[keywords]=TMP&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=96&search[sort]=price_asc

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info

Thanks for the suggestion, @Chic Aeon. I'll check those stores out. And I'm using the Legacy Classic body right now, it is basically the same as TMP but the creator that also made the Legacy body did some better sculpting on it and made a better HUD for it to make it up to standard. So it has alpha's just like Legacy and a HUD just like Legacy. But I cannot wear Legacy clothes with it, and still need to find TMP clothes for it.

It was a body that was freely available and I'm happy with the appearance. I'm just not eager to spend so much on a mesh body at this point in time, specially because there's just so much choice.

Edit: Checked some of those stores you linked @Chic Aeonand they are perfect. Thanks!

Edited by jackevans1

I'm glad that you confirmed you're using the newer 'Classic' body from that location, since TMP did give away their original old body completely free a couple of years back before it was removed from sale, so my first question would have been to check exactly which one you had!

The first store that came to mind before I logged in and searched my inventory was Aitui. They were still rigging for TMP long after practically every other menswear store had stopped doing so. I've just now logged in and run that inventory search, which has brought up a few more stores for you to check out. For most of these you'll probably need to go back through to their earlier releases (more than a year or so ago) but some of them still have recent releases containing TMP rigs:

• Not So Bad
  • Aitui
  • Ascend
  • Etham (including new releases)
  • Cold Ash

As Chic mentioned, nobody really rigs for the TMP body anymore, and they don't rig specifically for the Classic body either. Etham is the only one in that list who is still rigging for TMP. Be aware that many creators also don't have everything on Marketplace, so I strongly recommend visiting the inworld stores for each of the above. Make sure you look out for any discount or outlet areas at the inworld stores, as that's where you may find some older stuff if it's not in the main store area.

That said, depending on what sort of clothing you're looking for, it's often not absolutely vital to have a specific body rig. The original TMP male body was always a little bit peculiar around the base of the spine, being offset by much more than other bodies to give a stronger lumbar curve, so if you want to wear pants without a shirt or jacket to cover the front and back of your waist, you will need to source TMP-specific rigs. But if you're going to wear a full three-piece suit then you'll be completely covered and only need to check the fit at the wrists and neck. In that case you can usually get away with a rig for most other bodies (Slink, Jake, Gianni, etc). Try demos and see.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.