Clothes for an Animesh bot

GloriaGlitter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there - I've not wandered into the area of creating clothing before so hopefully my question makes sense.

I have purchased a full perm female Animesh bot for my AI project.  This bot comes with a menu where some different clothing textures can be applied.  Most of these outfits are rather skimpy so I asked the Animesh creator if they could add a business like pant suit to the menu.  They said there was two options - find a mesh clothing designer that could rig an outfit to their bot model or look on MP for suitable system clothing and then see if the creator would supply a .dae file.  I did find one such store still selling system clothes but have not been able to reach the designer yet to ask about .dae files.  The Animesh creator has given me the bot shape which I have downloaded as an xml file.  I have also downloaded Blender.  If I can get a dae file, is it just a matter of basically uploading the dae and the xml files into Avastar/Blender, pressing a few buttons and then voila new clothing files are created that can be imported into SL?  I doubt it would be as simple as that.  Alternatively, can anyone point me in the direction of someone that might offer a service that I could buy into, to achieve what I want?   Thanks.

I've had the same problem clothing my animesh NPCs. I had to have some clothing custom-made.animeshclothingset.thumb.jpg.1fa288b3c1722a7d41ed6b86497d3baa.jpg

Various animesh outfits

From left to right,

• Shoes and jacket custom-made for me as low-LI animesh clothing by Duck Girl. Hat is from Marketplace, just for the holiday season. Hair from Meli Imako's line of low-LI animesh hair. (She has some other items for animesh, too.) T-shirt and sweatpants are texture clothing. 50 LI, most of which is the hat.
  • Dress from Marketplace. Not a good item for animesh, because it has a cheat where the lower levels of detail are blank. Animesh, unlike avatars, use levels of details the same way regular objects do, so you will see clothing at low LODs. This dress disappears at distance, but the character model, which has reasonable lower LODs, does not. 48 LI, most of which is the dress.
  • T-shirt and sweat pants are texture clothing. Shoes are the same as at the left. 33 LI.
  • An entire animesh character from Marketplace. Not dressable. Probably a minor character from some game. 24 LI.

The character model for the left three is from Uno Blokke, custom-modified for me to have reasonable lower LODs. That model has SL-standard UVs and rigging, so it can wear some classic avatar clothing.

Animesh don't have Bakes on Mesh support, and there's no "wear" command. You can't just use system clothing. This model has a "head" part, an "upper" part, and a "lower" part, for which you have to assemble a texture from a skin texture layer plus clothing layers using Photoshop or GIMP. I have some standard templates for simple clothing items, and made up the tops and bottoms you see here. 

Dressing animesh with rigged mesh is done by linking the mesh clothing object to the animesh character. Then it will snap into place. Most mesh clothing has huge LI when rezzed in world, and usually has terrible lower levels of detail. Just using some standard mesh clothing will result in LIs from 130 to "parcel full".

There are also many animesh characters with simple animations on Marketplace. Too many are ripped from either Star [Wars|Gate|Trek|Craft] or the Marvel Overextended Universe. Those are not re-dressable with standard SL clothing.

So you can definitely get a pantsuit onto your AI character, but it's not easy. See if you can find some pantsuit you like that fits standard avatars, and if the LI is too high, work with the creator to get it down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.