Questions for Magical RP'ers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just getting into building animesh stuff for Magic RP and was wondering what type of permissions the players usually get from the sim owners.

1. IE: Can you rez things normally? Are you generally limited on things like LI usage or particles?

#B. What is the most popular RP system for Magic combat? I've seen a lot of spellfire stuff but can't find the API for it.

7c. Is a simple AI "Trigger" script enough for most people to be able to add their own system?

Sorry for the seemingly simple questions from a Dinosaur. My PC simply won't let me go to busy sims so I can't easily research in world right now.

Would things like this be allowed? 

• 2 weeks later...

Most sims that do not really support spellfire etc do not really like spell huds, but often you can either rez on them with the general group or also the land group.

Personally I could see myself using stuff like this in RP though, to give it some interesting edge.

rezzing things within your prim limit allocated through land group, mostly because you're renting a place at the sim is possible, non-renters won't be able to rez, and some rp sims that are across multiple regions, on the main rp region only admin or approved players have the ability to rez.

Use of particles and scripts is usually frowned upon because of lag, though could be acceptable for specific events or rp scenes, again usually with approval, so honestly it's not something all players can use freely and each sim is slightly different.

That is a nice piece of work i would say though, and perhaps, a suggestion could be to think of sim builders who would be interested to use them as a permanent feature on particular areas of the sim or could be used on themed sims and Halloween events. i wouldn't only target rpers :)

Thanks for the replies!

I turned the particles way down and put in an option to kill them completely. Will def. make a version with a sensor for sim owners. I love making Halloween props lol.

Just trying to create some new RP stuff with animesh and thought I'd give the magic combat RP a crack but I know little to nothing about it.

I really need a new PC. I miss exploring.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.