Having issues with Firestorm and Antivirus

Anuuubis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Trying to update to the newest version of Firestorm and the following happened:

My antivirus (Avast) immediately sent the entire firestorm folder and .exe to the virus chest and claims it's infected with "IDP.Generic" aka throwing a false positive.

Trying to restore it and create an exception gives me this popup:

unknown.png

So I manually made Firestorm an exception, tried to reinstall it. Now I've got this happening and it's been going on for about 5 minutes:

https://i.gyazo.com/f613cc93f04a52c826991a796bed8009.mp4

It seems to be making no headway and I can't finish installing Firestorm because of it.

image.png.375574efed3e0bef9b91b578438ff278.png

I'm at my wit's end and I can't figure out how to make my antivirus chill the hell out and let me install the update.

3 answers to this question

As odd as it sounds, more and more techs avoid using anti-virus on their computers. They consider it as increasing the virus risk rather than reducing it. Leo Leporte, on his talk radio show on tech recommends using only Microsoft's Defender.

If you really feel you MUST have an AV... White list the viewer's install folder in either Program Files for 64-bit and Program Files(x86) for 32-bit and cache folders (C:\Users\[Win_user_ID]\AppData\Local\Firestorm_x64 and C:\Users\[Win_user_ID]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64). Then disable the AV and install the viewer.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.