Request for derived chain feature

iamyourneighbour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started developing first on IMVU, at the marketplace there you upload your mesh, throw in some texture maps and people can 'derive' from it instead of buying it full perm.

Then you have all the retextured, retooled version of your mesh that is sold at price no lower than your main copy, and whenever your subsidiary makes a sale you automatically get a cut. So there's a built in digital rights management in place. 

Assuming a simple case of a picture frame, I can mesh a frame, provide texture maps, set price at 300L$

Someone who doesn't mesh but knows texturing can derive from it, set price at 450L$

Every time there's a sale, I get 300L$ and the derivation keeps 150L$

I am slightly skeptical about selling things full perm but I would love to people profit from retexturing / re-coding with built in DRM.

Was thinking it would be great for us to get something similar for the MP?

• Like 1

i like the idea

100% of the original cost is a bit high tho I think. 10% be more like it I think. So you get 30L for every sale of mine

because to sell my texture on your template frame I am going to need to sell my finished product for less than 300L because that is the SL consumer expectation of template products

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.