Second Life 2021 New Year's Resolutions

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think I just did.

Yeesh, Love, do try to keep up, will you?

Thought you were just making an indirect threat, "it'd be awfully sad if something happened to your nice thread, here" then on to sell me "insurance".  Or, I could infer that this thread isn't "interesting" enough to ruin.

No, to me a thread is only "ruined" if it devolves into the normal bickering, politics, name-calling, Bagnu-centrism, white knightism, whataboutisms, HCQ-pushing, COVID-denying, othering, racism, sexism, ageism, faulty logic, etc. 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Not interesting enough
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No, to me a thread is only "ruined" if it devolves into the normal bickering, politics, name-calling, Bagnu-centrism, white knightism, whataboutisms, HCQ-pushing, COVID-denying, othering, racism, sexism, ageism, faulty logic, etc. 

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My Second Life resolutions are pretty much the same as they are every year. Organize my inventory so that it is better utilized and curtail some of my shopping. The latter will help immensely with the former.  I did manage to box up most of my premesh wardrobe  and stuff into scripted objects that let me search them without unpacking them. I also deleted all the sizes of clothing I don't have bodies for . I really want a visual system of looking at what I have , and while I do own the wardrobe system , I think I can do something a little more basic in One Note. Being more organized in general really helps me manage anxieties in all the worlds.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You'll get no arguments from me on this score.

You're a very wise lion sometimes, Love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I rather have ideas how my SL should look like than resolutions.

1. More photo collabs with friends and potential new friends

2. Less shopping (this will be hard)

3. Learn something new or improve my knowledge about something, start creating my own things

4. Keep @Scylla Rhiadra away from interesting threads so that she doesn't ruin them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1. learn to use texture on Blender

2. learn to use BOM on my beloved Catwa head ( on Lelutka works perfect)

3. open my own gallery where to exhibit my photos

4. be less bear

5. find the courage to throw away all the stuff of 13 years ago (because I'm quite sure at as soon as I'll do I bite my fingers to have done it)

• Like 3

On 12/30/2020 at 4:23 PM, Horus Salubrius said:

if there is a Blendr class starting at BB in January I will have a look at that.     I tried doing some stuff via youtube videos but they are not on the same version of the software so it gets too difficult to follow.

I used get so frustrated with that. If you Google whatever you can't find in the new version usually you can find it though. Like if the Snap tool was moved in 2.9 and you're following a 2.8 tutorial, for example, just type in "where is the snap tool in Blender version 2.9?"?   You can also search for the tool/action within Blender itself -- but they even changed how to access Search in one of the new versions! lol --   it's now F3 instead of the space bar though I did change my 2.9 to access Search in the old way via Preferences.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

As I went to file a new gift card today, I realized that I have tons of those things, some from stores that are probably not even in SL anymore.  

Thus I am going to set aside time to go through the batch and either use them or toss them -- or maybe save a few for those stores where I have  a lot and can't find enough things to buy right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.