Sign in to follow this  
Innula Zenovka

Where's Blodin?

Isn't Monday a public holiday in the US?   Might have to wait till Monday week,  which is one reason I started this -- in the hope either that Blondin will say it's wrong, or that, if it's correct, someone will tell us what happens now to the various projects in which he's been involved.

But I will certainly be there on Monday to see what, if anything, happens.

it is but the agenda has the next meeting date as 30/5, so I assumed he knew about the holiday when he updated it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Adult_Content_User_Group

I did have a frission of fear for us - pink was turfed just days (iirc) before the new marketplace was released, Sea has supposedly gone and that was a couple of weeks before the "new and improved" (sic) search was released..  could this be a portent of a change to come?

No, he didn't, though, to be fair, it was a public holiday in the US and he's been known to forget such things when scheduling meetings.

However Rand Linden has just edited the Adult Content User Group wiki page.

The phrase  Discuss Issues Concerning Zindra and Adult Content with [[user:Blondin_Linden|Blondin Linden]] has been replaced with simply, Discuss Issues Concerning Zindra and Adult Content. 

ETA: The User Groups page now lists the User Group Leader for the Adult Content group as "TBD", so I guess that's it.

I guess it is confirmed that Blodin is gone? That sucks, I thought he really had some great enthusiasm and direction for the adult grid.  Those kinds of advocates are hard to find at Linden Labs.

So, the question remains, what next? Is someone going to replace him and will there be a new direction for the labs?

Staying tuned for the next exciting episode...

Yeah.. we had a very interesting meeting today which Amanda Linden (Blondin's old boss) and Lexie both attended.   Amanda will be acting as the liaison until they've hired someone to take his place.

I used to post them, first on the slapt.me wiki before that closed and, briefly, on an external blog.   But I got so tired of the bickering after a year or so I stopped attending for a long time.   Someone used to post them on SC2, too, but I don't know if that still happens.

Might be an idea to start again.  What do others think?

Posting meeting transcripts is one valuable component, and perhaps we';; get to that point again. Problem was that practice often became corrupted when it was filled with editorial content. (not by you Innula...you did a great job!)

In addition,back when I was trying to get SOME type of secretarial system going, I talked to many many residents who told me the following (I knept my notes);

1) they didnt really care about full transcripts, but wanted shortened buleted points-style recaps

2) some wanted both, but not transcripts alone

3) almost all wanted to be betetr infomred through Notices and more regular communication

So, I think transcripts would be good if they could be corruption-free, but I think they's be even better if we also had a REcap system (doen via Notices probably, and archived online). We;vepitched this idea before at meetngs, but for obvious reasons, the idea stalled eveytime. I'd love to see it resurface!