Create a shape changer HUD with sliders to adjust the parameters

MIANSHI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, I want to create a shape changer HUD with sliders  to adjust the parameters of body and face for both default SL body and customised body are okay, but I have not found any  tutorial online yet.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

If the body shape parameter changing by LSL feature for Animesh in Project Muscadine was offered for user avatars then it would be possible, but it would have to be in temporary asset form factor like BoM as body shapes are hard assets.

There is already desire/interest from the community to separate head and body params into their own shape files. This could allow complete flexibility.

The problem is, LL devs would only offer it via viewer UI, which would make it a single use case feature, sharing the same fate as the viewer-based poser feature they've been sitting on.

If they additionally offered scripted support, then other use cases could be satisfied, plus creators could offer their own UIs(HUDs) freeing users from the burden of additional poorly designed UIs from LL (see EEP, Outfit Photos).

I made a rough test HUD to change any body shape parameter for Animesh. Although I'm showcasing bugs, here is what it looked like:

https://gyazo.com/28898e5a6dcef57f0a4955c7395964b2

https://gyazo.com/3a4cb148df9bcb219ca15ec14d5b888d

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

There is already desire/interest from the community to separate head and body params into their own shape files. This could allow complete flexibility.

Export appearance, then use a script to split off the head from the body. 
Then later in Edit Appearance, import the head and it will be "glued" on top of the existing body shape.

Quite simple, really.

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Export appearance, then use a script to split off the head from the body. 
Then later in Edit Appearance, import the head and it will be "glued" on top of the existing body shape.

Quite simple, really.

Are you speaking for the average user or the technical savy/curious user? 😉

3 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

If that user has the script in question, then the average user can do it with ease.

But exporting and using an external script to split off head slider values from an xml file should not be SOP.

We need an offically offered/supported alternative through eitehr new head-only & body-only shape assets or a viewer UI and/or scriptable UI(HUD) to adjust/load/save individual head/body params.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.