Something is wrong with my account. What is it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It started happening a few weeks back.   Someone had an issue with their rental business returning a higher amount of hits in search.  I didn't think much about it until trying to search someone on the website.  I know they aren't hidden yet I get NO results for their name.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Although, when I search on the website under people, she does not show for me.  At least not on the first page as I would think it should.

Screenshot_20201229-180739.png

I can type exact names and never comes up first. Unless I mess with the drop down options.

Apparently relevance does not mean the exact name because that would be relevant

41 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

It started happening a few weeks back.

And not for the first time, too. There was exactly the same issue a couple years ago. Some results for the groups and people just vanished from the web-search. It lasted around 2 months, then it all got restored/fixed to how it was before. So can't even blame the recent cloud migration for that, unless some of the code changes needed to make it happen broke their fixes from the previous issue.

P. S.

Legacy search works fine, but it has no keyword search, so it's only good to search for exact people/groups/places and is completely useless for everything else. For example "furniture apple" will get you to apple fall store through the web-search in case if someone can't remember the full name for "that furniture store with apple in its name", but legacy search will not.

Edited by steeljane42

6 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

But that’s the thing, I use paypal. I’m getting refused before I even get the chance To put in my info and complete the purchase.

When I had my issue, I was using PayPal.

What made this even more complicated was - at first - my bank, PayPal and Linden Lab were effectively blaming each other.

This was after a change of political administrations and evidently someone was interpreting some new regulations "strictly"

Edited by Amanda Crisp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.