Something is wrong with my account. What is it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't buy lindens in my browser or in my viewer in-game. When I try in browser I get an error saying my password is incorrect...even though there was never a prompt for a password. When I try tyo buy lindens in-game I get an email telling me my attempt to buy lindens has failed.

Another odd thing that's going on with my account is when I search myself I don't find myself in the results even though other people come up when I search them.

I searched my email and I can't find anything indicating that my account is somehow compromised. What's going on with my account??

4 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I can't buy lindens in my browser or in my viewer in-game. When I try in browser I get an error saying my password is incorrect...even though there was never a prompt for a password.

There should be a prompt for a password when you buy in the browser, it appears as a popup. Maybe you have a pop-up blocker active? 

Your account (assuming its this one) can't be compromised or banned, otherwise you would not be able to post here either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karly Kiyori said:

There should be a prompt for a password when you buy in the browser, it appears as a popup. Maybe you have a pop-up blocker active? 

Your account (assuming its this one) can't be compromised or banned, otherwise you would not be able to post here either.

Yeah it’s weird, it didn’t even get to the part where I get prompted for a password

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Did you try a different browser?  Sometimes I'll have issues with Chrome, but the web site will work fine in Firefox.

I have two accounts. This is my first account. On my second account I can buy lindens just fine in firefox. On this account I cannot.

Edited by Foggypebble Muircastle

I went through something similar some years ago.

My bank and/or LL’s bank had been reclassified as “offshore” by the US authorities and they were nerfing my purchases.

Ultimately I changed banks and the problem went away.

PayPal usually works, unless your source bank is on someone’s “shady” list.

There are other issues like having connectivity/security issues with your local WiFi that annoy the banks security, but I’m not too in-the-know about that.

I’d suggest calling your bank and asking them whats-up.

image.gif

1 minute ago, Amanda Crisp said:

I went through something similar some years ago.

My bank and/or LL’s bank had been reclassified as “offshore” by the US authorities and they were nerfing my purchases.

Ultimately I changed banks and the problem went away.

PayPal usually works, unless your source bank is on someone’s “shady” list.

There are other issues like having connectivity/security issues with your local WiFi that annoy the banks security, but I’m not too in-the-know about that.

I’d suggest calling your bank and asking them whats-up.

image.gif

But that’s the thing, I use paypal. I’m getting refused before I even get the chance To put in my info and complete the purchase.

19 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

But that’s the thing, I use paypal. I’m getting refused before I even get the chance To put in my info and complete the purchase.

Have your contacted Live Chat or opened a Support ticket?

There were quite a few login issues just a few weeks back - it might be related to those problems.

7 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

My lindens problem is fixed. Now I still have this problem:

When I search myself I don't find myself in the results even though other people come up when I search them.  In preferences I do have "Show my profile in search results" checked.

Can your friends find you in search?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.