How stop the lie?

Lali Kamala

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today manager of one store rude IMed me about that I leaved my promo-board in her store and she reported about It to LL.

When I asked her to tell me name of obgect wich she found, she could't say nothing and just  continue to threaten me.

1 - I never was in that shop.

2 - No one object was't returned to my folder "Lost and found" after her words and later. 

3 - I have two shops in SL and vendors at another stores and clubs, I don't need use illegal ways for promote my stuff. My friends, owners of "HybrydZ", "Beauty in You, "Jaimie Earst Fashion" and others, can confirm It.

I send IM about all this to owner of that shop and in some hours she answered me strange message about she saw as I puted my promo-board in her store, but she stayed silent and did't told me nothing, did't return, and just told about It to her manager, or It was busyness-partner, to write me :)

And owner and her partner can't tell me name of object wich they found and just rude to me   I think It very strange and It looks as bad provocation.

5 answers to this question

First off, you need to remove those IM logs. It's against posting guidelines (see http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Discussion_guidelines) and can only lead to trouble for you.

Second, I've found that some people will lie about just about anything. Let LL sort it out.

ETA: What LoveAngel says is absolutely correct. If you feel as if you're being harassed by these persons, AR them.

When LL introduced Display Names last fall, many merchants were worried that situations like this might develop.  Anyone can use your real login name as their Display Name.  Anyone seeing the name tag can't necesarily tell whether they are seeing you or a pretender.  (Yes, I know that they can easily look for your login name, but many people won't do that in a casual encounter.)  The point is that Display Names have opened the door for several kinds of identity theft or, more charitably, mistaken identity. I have absolutely no idea whether that's what has happened to you, but it's a possibility that's worth keeping in the back of your mind. 

Putting all of that aside ...... I know this incident has upset you, but I doubt that it will have much effect in the long run.  If I were you, I would simply walk away and put it behind me.  Don't even bother going back to that shop again and don't do anything that would be likely to stir the pot and make a big deal out of a relatively minor one.  It wastes your energy and it could come back to bite you later, even if you have done nothing wrong.

• Like 1

People click stuff and get the wrong info all the time. I build and sell buildings and I can`t count the number of  random IMs I have had accusing me of all sorts of things along with complaints about my so called items etc & it is always because they clicked a shop and IM`d the creator instead of the owner.

Just ignore it, if they really reported an object, LL will notice the mistake before taking any action (even if they would bother taking action for such a trivial matter).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.