Best current home decor creators? Tell me your favorites please!

Myth Valeska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

53 minutes ago, Velvet Voxel said:

As the title says I would love to know about peoples favorite home decor creators! I love places like What Next, but I'm sure there are a lot of other creators that I have yet to discover and I'm in a major decorating mood lol. Thanks for any suggestions!

What style?

Okay, I agree with Nomad, Nutmeg, Hive and Apple Fall as these have a lot of antique and vintage styles.  Nomad is the most creative I'd have to say and whimsical but I love a touch of whimsical in real life too.  Half Deer has cool things for lights.  I am very much into antiques and have been since age 13 with my oldest sister introducing me to antiques when she got her first apartment.  Nutmeg is really great but it can be heavy prim-wise and be kind of messy but I like a lot of their single items.  Oh, and DRD is extremely creative too.  

Edited by FairreLilette

I've bought from most of the places noted above, but can add two more.

LISP Bazaar does pretty inexpensive, high-quality furnishings.

The other -- and a current favourite of mine -- is Muniick. I think I must own most of their catalogue. They are in some ways like Apple Fall, but with a slightly more "rustic" quality. I recommend them highly, particularly if you are looking for early- and mid-20th century furnishings and doodads.

I do like Nutmeg. And they have improved a lot on their LI and prices too. But. I also use the word nutmeg colloquially. When I have to make a decision on whether or not to apply a high-resolution texture or whether to make something high- or low-poly, I say: "Shall I be kind to people's frame rates, or shall I go all Nutmeg on this thing?" I guess it all depends. Are people's goals just to decorate for fancy Flickr pictures or just sitting on their fancy draped sofas, motionless, being too engaged in social interactions in IM or Voice to be bothered by an average 10-fps frame rate? Or do they want to maneuver their avatar b*tt around between all their virtual earthly possessions in a comfortable manner (>30 fps)?

• Like 1

I have graduated from the shabby chic and girly-cute colonial leanings (Apple Fall, Dust Bunny, Nutmeg, Hive) since coming back to SL and now have a strong preference for dark, moody, and opulent interiors so these are my go-to designers:

1. Fourth Wall and Black Nest by William Wanderer ― I worship this creator! “Sleek, eclectic, and modern with a dark twist,” all the elements that make a house livable for me. I am quite proud to say that I have almost every room set and gacha from both labels that I can decorate any of my homes exclusively with his creations.

2. NICE by Stacey Vanderpump ― The other interior design label who has every permission to take my lindens down to the last L$1. Ultra chic and artistic, each piece of furniture is a statement on its own. There is not a single item from NICE that isn’t, well ... nice. Her prefabs are also super nice!

3. WRONG by SatanLoveM ― Their style complements the first 3 brands that I mentioned. Stunning LOD and overall quality at an excellent price point. All my favorite beds are from this store, and the adult versions are not only inexpensive but also come with decent animations and sequences.

4. Architect by Mr. Lambert ― An art deco and post-modernist dream come true! If you want to bribe me to do something heinous for you, buy me something from here lol Their wall panels are drop dead gorgeous and I believe they are must-haves for every interior designer or luxury homeowner.

5. SAYO by Kayami Osakki ― I am obsessed with wall panels and they eat up most of my prim allowance for each room, especially the geometric and parsons set by SAYO. You can unlink the metal and wood parts and use them for whatever deco fix you could imagine. This brand is only at no. 5 on my list because while everything from this store looks posh and exquisite upclose, some items easily vanish or disintegrate into triangles when you zoom out a bit.

Honorable mentions: Kactus, MudHoneyMulloySIIX, PL$H

• Like 2

Lots of good brands here and I have something from most of them.  I would say from a BUILDING standpoint that {what next} is one of our best builders with attention to BOTH how good things look as well as low land impact and great LODs.  Apple Fall fits in their also although things fluctuate (possibly over time) so far as land impact.  Both of these creators pay attention and are good at ALL parts of the creation process, not just some. Trompe Loeil also has some very good looking furniture that isn't terribly heavy. 

There are a few brands here that are definitely framerate killers (and yes I have some of their things but didn't use them in public builds, only my own personal areas) so as you shop PLEASE remember that the more heavy mesh and over the top textures you use, the harder it is on your computer --- and your guest's computers :D.    Over a half a million triangles on one medium sized piece of furniture is simply TOO MUCH and honestly makes me want to cry.  Part of this unfortunately is the (now legal) use of RENDER mesh online purchases with no work done to lower the land impact. So I suggest that you sprinkle those "we really shouldn't be using these at all in Second Life" bits of furniture and décor sparingly :D.   And there were a couple of brands mentioned with disastrous LODs so watch that gacha buying if you haven't seen what you are getting. 

Not a lecture; just a reminder. Sometimes OHSOPRETTY can be a dangerous thing :D.

• Like 6

If there were a store named Buttocky Legume :::cough:::  I'd stay far far away because of their horrendous customer service. Horrendous. 11+ years and have never received anything remotely as horrible, both from the owner and the CSR, And to get to the horrible CSR you have to sign up to get onto a website with an active email account, which account, btw, you cannot ever delete. Yeah. Not them.

The experience was so bad I broke a direct order to post this. 

/me gets out the butt balm

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Lots of my favorites were already mentioned, but here's a couple more.

8f8, if you can tolerate the gachas. https://www.flickr.com/photos/8f8/

Kunst has some very nice furniture and decor https://www.flickr.com/photos/kunst_himmel/

I love Gachas on the second-hand market.  It made it affordable for me to decorate my clubs and tea houses - very affordable.  Another pic from me is ANC and their Gachas are amazing as are the things in their store.  There is just super creativity in ANC, imo.

4 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

dark, moody,

For dark, moody...check out DRD (deathrowdesigns) she is extremely, extremely creative.  She has goth to Halloween to Shabby Chic.  

32 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

What now legal use?  Which companies?  

It is now no longer against the SL TOS to buy mesh off the internet and then upload. It was before. Note that in some cases it IS against the TOS of the online mesh service (some don't like SL all that much :D) The change came about  -- at least in my mind -- because of Sansar and LL wanting to keep the TOS basically the same for both companies. 

I will not mention any company names. Their business practices and not MY business to point fingers; it IS legal now :D.  

• Thanks 1

Seeing some good names up on here. What Next is an excellent go to for home decor.

Some of my faves:

DDD, aka Dysfunctionality. good for rustic things.

FIN ( Relive the 50s ) really good if you like retro of that period.

Second Spaces are nice. One time, they even did a bit that looks like something out of a Jetsons kitchen!

Isil, the sci fi maker, makes some nice things as well.

Pew Pew is nice.

Trompe Loeil has some really nice things.

Floorplan also has some nice things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.