Linden Homes Available Again

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, sorry if I can't wade into that 800+ page thread but here's my experience:

I ditched my Linden home, even though it was on a very prized peninsula, because I was never using it and I don't like the houseboats really. I ditched the Victorian on my alt because I was tired of it after decorating it. I figured there was no need to hang on to them when others are frantically refreshing the page.

So after a week or so I thought, oh, I have the 1024, why don't I see if those stilts are ready and if they are all that. So to my surprise, I immediately was offered the stilt house. Or any other kind of Bellissaria house. I tried and abandoned a few times -- once I was on the water and I couldn't get the house to appear. 

I had no problem instantly getting the Bellissaria newer houses without any refreshing.

Did they finally reach the point where there are "enough" of them? Or?

I landed near a little pond that I made a fishing hole but I know in a few weeks I'll be tired of it and ditch it likely if it turns out there's a shortage. But is there?

Edited by Prokofy Neva

36 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I landed near a little pond that I made a fishing home but I know in a few weeks I'll be tired of it and ditch it likely if it turns out there's a shortage. But is there?

There are another 90 or so stilt home regions waiting to be released "after the holidays".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Only time will tell. They just released the Stilts on December 23rd, give it a month. The timing is great if you want all the other styles of homes! Watch the forum for the release of the rest of the stilts.........

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

There are another 90 or so stilt home regions waiting to be released "after the holidays".

I'm going to bet that they will now have a glut. I know there was a furious cry for stilt homes as being desirable. But they are too close to each other and, well, on stilts. I think people will find this pales quickly. I could be wrong. But 90 regions -- my God. If I could get them instantly now, ,that means the demand is not going to be there. People will move out of existing Linden homes and into them, possible. So we may see them remove the very oldest regions, possibly by luring people out of them to consolidate them. The Lindens have the figures, of course, but I don't think there's enough demand to fill 90 regions.

The over water and more-so the pier homes go immediately when they come up, however I feel there will be many over land for a good while as understandably people don't want them. Often times your neighbor's back porch is just.. right there. No privacy or anything as the landscaping is kind of scarce.

Many parcels tend to be bland as well. Granted I feel they are less bland(by far) than the completely over water, but that's me.

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I'm going to bet that they will now have a glut. I know there was a furious cry for stilt homes as being desirable. But they are too close to each other and, well, on stilts. I think people will find this pales quickly. I could be wrong. But 90 regions -- my God. If I could get them instantly now, ,that means the demand is not going to be there. People will move out of existing Linden homes and into them, possible. So we may see them remove the very oldest regions, possibly by luring people out of them to consolidate them. The Lindens have the figures, of course, but I don't think there's enough demand to fill 90 regions.

What is your point?

I think it is too early to declare that there will be a glut of these, and even if it turns out to be true, I fail to see how it poses a problem.

It has always been the plan to have more homes available than there are people to claim them so that anyone wanting a premium home can get one at any time.  It has also always been the plan to eventually close the legacy residential regions, but that is not going to happen anytime soon.  There are still thousands of people with homes in those regions, and a significant number of them don't even know that Bellisseria exists. 

It took weeks for all of the log homes to be claimed when they were released, and it wasn't done over the holidays when many people are occupied with other activities.  There are going to be a lot of happy people in the next few weeks who log on to discover that there are stilt homes still available to them, with more still to be reelased.

Also, while there are currently stilt homes available, two of the three models are completely full.  This will obviously change as the remaining stilt home regions are released, but whether supply will exceed demand remains to be seen.    

image.png.104a43cbed37decf6918609693455fa1.png

The really good news is that anyone wanting any of the other new home themes can grab one.  This is a recent phenomenon resulting from the release of the stilts.  For people like you who do not care for the new theme, this should be wonderful news.  It is also how it should always be.  As new themes and regions are built and released, I'm hopeful that this will eventually be the norm.    

• Like 7

@Prokofy Nevayou probably don’t remember how the land page looked during the massive release of Vics and Log homes. I do, because I’m a GoH player. I love the opportunity to find my dream spot. It was a treat to explore the variety of abandons. That phase only lasts about 3 to 4 weeks. Since the Stilts are being rolled out more slowly, and Patch has asked people to not flip houses right now, it looks like there’s a glut. Maybe houseboats won’t become rare again. I’d like to see that day. 

• Like 3

I'm also not sure what the point of this discussion is, but I assume that there will eventually be enough of all styles that anyone who wants a Linden home can have the style they choose at any time. I believe that's how it's been with the old Linden homes regions for a long time now, and it's how it should be. This is a perk of being premium, and of course, LL will want to have it finally shake out so that anyone who signs up is not disappointed when they can't get the style they like best.

It's just good business to make sure there are plenty of homes, and if there are spares, then that makes sense, too. People can hop around and try out many styles without denying others. I love seeing a full land page; it means everyone can have a home. Not everyone wants to live on Mainland or to pay rent to someone else, so having a full selection of very attractive Linden Homes is a great goal to shoot for. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm also not sure what the point of this discussion is, but I assume that there will eventually be enough of all styles that anyone who wants a Linden home can have the style they choose at any time. I believe that's how it's been with the old Linden homes regions for a long time now, and it's how it should be. This is a perk of being premium, and of course, LL will want to have it finally shake out so that anyone who signs up is not disappointed when they can't get the style they like best.

It's just good business to make sure there are plenty of homes, and if there are spares, then that makes sense, too. People can hop around and try out many styles without denying others. I love seeing a full land page; it means everyone can have a home. Not everyone wants to live on Mainland or to pay rent to someone else, so having a full selection of very attractive Linden Homes is a great goal to shoot for. 

Um, the point was stated. To determine if in fact there is still a severe shortage and to determine if my experience was anecdotal, so that I could decide whether to keep these houses or not, since if other people don't have any, then I would let them go. 

Not everyone wants to live in a Bellisseria house and many want to buy their own land or rent land. I don't think SL could survive if it were only Bellissaria houses.

You can natter on all you like about what is good business blah blah, but practice has shown for a year now that it is a bruising experience, trying to get into one of these much-sought-after homes. If the Lindens have finally overcome that problem, great, but wishful thinking isn't how it will be done.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Um, the point was stated. To determine if in fact there is still a severe shortage and to determine if my experience was anecdotal, so that I could decide whether to keep these houses or not, since if other people don't have any, then I would let them go. 

Not everyone wants to live in a Bellisseria house and many want to buy their own land or rent land. I don't think SL could survive if it were only Bellissaria houses.

You can natter on all you like about what is good business blah blah, but practice has shown for a year now that it is a bruising experience, trying to get into one of these much-sought-after homes. If the Lindens have finally overcome that problem, great, but wishful thinking isn't how it will be done.

Um, you said nothing clear above about your great concern regarding whether you should abandon your houses for the greater good. 🙄

You know, everyone is aware of your anti-LL agenda and that you make money operating Mainland rentals (and that these homes are competition for you). No need to be snide toward those of us who enjoy them. I'm not the only one who questioned what you were going on about here.

It has been quite easy to get a Linden home for months now, but believe what you wish about it. I know there's no point trying to persuade you otherwise. *shrugs and moves along*

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6

I think Prok lucked out and hit the stilt release just right and was able to land homes instantly. Had he come earlier when there was little on LP, he might be singing a different tune. But he didn't. And so he assumed there were way too many home available.

I doubt we will see an overabundance of homes soon. As a group, we seem to continue our fascination with the homes and the newest themes. Plus we were told a long time ago that at some point the homeowners from the old lands will be enticed to shift to Belli. 

And, most of all, I think it may be a cold day in Hell before we experience an overabundance of The Most Desirable Parcels, those amazing places that GOH is all about!  

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 3

Got mine unexpectedly, not in a rush to let things flow. I had my wagon beach one for many months but let it go and let someone else enjoy the wagon trailer right by the beach and water.    Have patience, let things flow. You will get one sooner or later. The best things in life are unexpected ones. They also have red areas under construction  so there will be plenty to go around do to the holiday they have lives to but don't you worry they will be on it soon.

Edited by Christina Mysterious
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

What? 

Why do you need to point out the obvious fact that not everyone wants to live in Bellisseria when your concern was supposedly that, by holding onto a home, you were keeping people from doing that very thing?    

Anyone who has wanted a new Linden home has been able to get one with a little patience and perseverance, even during the times of scarcest supply.  Availability always goes up during a theme release, which is what we are experiencing now.  

Congratulations on getting a home so effortlessly.  If you like it, keep it.  If not, you have the option to release it.  No one is crying in a corner because they can't find a home in Bellisseria due to you holding onto one that you don't love.

If YOU don't want to live in Bellisseria, I don't think anyone will be overly concerned if you opt for one of the many alternatives.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, CandyJewels said:

As people are coming home from Vacay, I am seeing  a lot less empty over-lands, so the pool is starting to shrink again.

Vics are also near gone it would appear.

if you read the connected posts to the releases, you can read that there will be new releases after the holdidays.
The other themes are conncected to that, except houseboats and stilts there are no other planned, so dependant on abandons from people who leave other themes for the stilts/houseboats

41 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you read the connected posts to the releases, you can read that there will be new releases after the holdidays.
The other themes are conncected to that, except houseboats and stilts there are no other planned, so dependant on abandons from people who leave other themes for the stilts/houseboats

I know, i'm only referring to right now compared to a few days ago.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

You are correct that the availability of other themes is tied to the release of stilt homes and house boats, with one exception.  Log home regions were still being released with some frequency as recently as a few weeks ago.  I expect that to continue as resources permit, as there are dozens of them in various stages of development.  This includes some campers as well, though the numbers of those is comparatively insignificant.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 10:17 AM, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Many people seem to have changed their minds upon seeing the Stilt homes as well, so decided to trade their boats for a stilt on water.

And I landed a wonderful houseboat in Santa Louisa. My neighbors are from the original region release of April 2019!  Thank you to whoever gave it up. 

• Like 3

On 12/30/2020 at 2:12 AM, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I think Prok lucked out and hit the stilt release just right and was able to land homes instantly. Had he come earlier when there was little on LP, he might be singing a different tune. But he didn't. And so he assumed there were way too many home available.

I doubt we will see an overabundance of homes soon. As a group, we seem to continue our fascination with the homes and the newest themes. Plus we were told a long time ago that at some point the homeowners from the old lands will be enticed to shift to Belli. 

And, most of all, I think it may be a cold day in Hell before we experience an overabundance of The Most Desirable Parcels, those amazing places that GOH is all about!  

I tried two different lots during the course of a day, and had no trouble finding them. When I looked for homes another day on another account, I saw the stilts were available. I tried one, it was on water and I couldn't get the house ever to appear, despite trying to rez them over and over, and rather than file tickets I backed out of that one, and got another. It was by a little pond and I thought, oh, this is nice, although I really do not like those stilt houses.

But then I lasted only a few days. I really couldn't stand it. It just feels so horribly crowded, like the very cheapest and tackiest of Atlantic City or old Cape Cod rentals. You can smell the hot grease, popcorn and sun tan lotion and hear people shouting over the roulette wheel. Little kids are screaming as their little feet hit the hot sand. I just couldn't stand it and abandoned that one, too.

I saw later that Patch had asked people not to flip them, a request that perplexes me, but whatever, I wasn't interested in trying to flip 5 or 10 times to try to get a stil house with a little less claustrophobic feeling, I decided to just find a different house altogether. I was ready for a Victorian again (never those very first very narrow tiny houses), but none were available.

I realize that the problem for me with the stilts is that there are no trees, and possible because the Lindens thought they'd be in demand, they seem to have fewer easements. The pond behind me was a puddle.

So I got a camper instead which had like 4 drumlins and pristine ponds behind it and lots of trees. And I'm just happier with that. Someone else might like the stilt look, it's good there are choices. Wait til the Lindens do urban sims with town houses, that should be popular.

I could see that the stilt houses would be a great college party summer break kind of place. If the Lindens let groups of friends petition to be near each other, to make "neighbourhoods" as you could on the Sims Online (and in FreeSO today), then it could be fun for some people. I personally don't want to hear the keg parties all night long.

I didn't like the house boats either, they also felt more crowded. Really, trees are important to give a sense of nature and less crowding.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:16 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

What? 

Why do you need to point out the obvious fact that not everyone wants to live in Bellisseria when your concern was supposedly that, by holding onto a home, you were keeping people from doing that very thing?    

Anyone who has wanted a new Linden home has been able to get one with a little patience and perseverance, even during the times of scarcest supply.  Availability always goes up during a theme release, which is what we are experiencing now.  

Congratulations on getting a home so effortlessly.  If you like it, keep it.  If not, you have the option to release it.  No one is crying in a corner because they can't find a home in Bellisseria due to you holding onto one that you don't love.

If YOU don't want to live in Bellisseria, I don't think anyone will be overly concerned if you opt for one of the many alternatives.  

This week is the very first time since way back when Linden homes started that I have found them EASILY available. I don't call refreshing a page hundreds of times on various browsers or using apps as "easy". That's not "patience and perseverance" spending days on end doing that, but torment. 

My point in making this post, since we live in a closed society with no free media, is to see what others are finding so I could try to gage the situation. Are the Lindens glutting? Is this reaching its peak? Is it just a lull while people were busy with the holidays? I have no idea. The Lindens have no tickers or statistics saying "X number of openings today". We don't even know exactly how many people are in Bellissaria but I think it's likely to be half the concurrency, 15,000 at any moment. Maybe more. What's misleading is that a lot of people with other arrangements like rentals or islands have Belli houses TOO. So it's hard to see if the overall population is growing due to Linden homes. I hope it is, as that is good for the economy for all of us.

In fact, for months on end, there were endless posts in a thread that is a zillion pages long, with people doing just that, crying in frustration that they couldn't get this thing they really wanted. So that's why I kept dropping them, and dropped another round again recently despite landing a "rare" of sorts because I get bored with them quickly. 

Seems like you feel a need to express contrarian statements which is the main game for some people, so carry on. Meanwhile, I will go on seeking information from those of good will.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

You are correct that the availability of other themes is tied to the release of stilt homes and house boats, with one exception.  Log home regions were still being released with some frequency as recently as a few weeks ago.  I expect that to continue as resources permit, as there are dozens of them in various stages of development.  This includes some campers as well, though the numbers of those is comparatively insignificant.  

You have absolutely no way of knowing any of this unless you are a Linden, and maybe that's the story here.

OR you have half a dozen alts and you go and flip and abandon these houses daily, such as to amass some representative set of case studies.

I saw all types of houses available except Victorian on two occasions when I tried, abandoning some before I settled. I wouldn't call that a representative sample and I dare say you don't have one either. Again, the point of the thread is to gather information from a variety of people on their actual experience so as to try to extrapolate the situation. That is not done by having any one person insist on their key-hole view of this situation is "the truth". 

22 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You have absolutely no way of knowing any of this unless you are a Linden, and maybe that's the story here.

OR you have half a dozen alts and you go and flip and abandon these houses daily, such as to amass some representative set of case studies.

I saw all types of houses available except Victorian on two occasions when I tried, abandoning some before I settled. I wouldn't call that a representative sample and I dare say you don't have one either. Again, the point of the thread is to gather information from a variety of people on their actual experience so as to try to extrapolate the situation. That is not done by having any one person insist on their key-hole view of this situation is "the truth". 

If you keep tabs on the world map you would be able to deduce exactly what Matthieu has said - there has been steady work on the part of the moles filling in the areas at the periphery of the log home regions. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I saw later that Patch had asked people not to flip them, a request that perplexes me, but whatever, I wasn't interested in trying to flip 5 or 10 times to try to get a stil house with a little less claustrophobic feeling, I decided to just find a different house altogether. I was ready for a Victorian again (never those very first very narrow tiny houses), but none were available.

It sounds like you weren't in the market for a Bellisserian house during the large-scale releases of the Vics and Log Homes - the servers became overloaded because of the volume and frequency of home abandons, hence Patch's request to hold off playing catch and release this time.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

This week is the very first time since way back when Linden homes started that I have found them EASILY available. I don't call refreshing a page hundreds of times on various browsers or using apps as "easy". That's not "patience and perseverance" spending days on end doing that, but torment. 

It seems to me that you’re referring to a prevalent situation that occurred during 2019. I quit using auto refresh in 2020. Often I would log into the land page,  and there would be a Trad, Vic, Log Home, Camper, or rarely a Houseboat on the page. It wasn’t the abundance that it is currently. But there was something, besides Meadowbrook. New people would post in the forums what they would hope to land. Instead of months, they would normally get a parcel within days of posting. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.