Random Disconnects

ringgoddess

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been experiencing random disconnects for a few months now. 3-5 a day on average. Sometimes several within a short time period. Sometimes hours apart. They occur in various regions and SIMs. And in both low and high lag environments. I have not been able to determine any kind of commonality or consistency to them.

I am using the latest Firestorm viewer (Firestorm-Releasex64 6.4.12.62831) but these disconnects began while on the previous version and have continued with this latest version. I've been in contact with Firestorm support and they explained to me the difference between a 'Crash' and a 'Disconnect'. I have experienced both, but disconnects seem to be the greater problem. Evidently disconnects are much more difficult to trouble shoot.

There are warning signs when a disconnect is about to occur: I can not post to 'Nearby Chat', HUDs will not respond, and can not move forwards or backwards only rotate view. Then the screen will freeze, go black and white and a window will appear (see attached screen shot). I was wondering if there were any known issues that might be causing this problem for me. Thank you for any assistance or support you can provide.

Disconnect Error Message.png

I have been having the same issues... Disconnects from Teleporting maybe at random but not random when exiting PaleoQuest / Horizons.
Paleoquest on completion or incompletion exiting The Talpa Caves to the main hall = Disconnect.. Horizons finishing 5th Quest and being teleported to Prize room = Disconnect.
Linden Realms - Land Mass at beginning and or at Volcano goes missing the entire land mass. Teleporting to Tyrahs workshop = Disconnect. Tried working my way around it by teleporting to the Portal Park - entrance to either Linden Realms / Horizons or Paleo = Automatic Disconnect.

I have had no more than maybe 1 to zero disconnects on average, "before" Linden Labs did an update to their viewer. 

I have zero packet loss. 
 I have rebooted the modem and the computer.
I have also cleaned my Cache.

I have given Firestorm access to inbound and outbound rule settings via the firewall.

I have changed my IP settings to Google as recommended.
I have also have run and tested the Ping and it is sitting at 3 ms.

My Ping sits at 100 or less while running Second Life.
I, am on a Fiber line and have a direct connection to the modem to the computer.
It is not a Anti-Virus issue on my end, already checked and verified.

None of the changes have affected the disconnect issue.

The only lag I have noticed when checking is either Server or Network related show yellow or red and then would go away after loading in fresh to the portal park. Mainly Network showing but then clearing up with in 30 or less seconds. The last disconnect from Horizons showed on the lag meter showed a yellow box lit up before disconnect from teleporting from the 5th Quest to the prize room. 

I am pretty sure this is a Linden or Firestorm issue possibly a security issue on Lindens end.

Edited by 4gunny1

On 12/28/2020 at 6:45 AM, ringgoddess said:

I have been experiencing random disconnects for a few months now. 3-5 a day on average. Sometimes several within a short time period. Sometimes hours apart. They occur in various regions and SIMs. And in both low and high lag environments. I have not been able to determine any kind of commonality or consistency to them.

I am using the latest Firestorm viewer (Firestorm-Releasex64 6.4.12.62831) but these disconnects began while on the previous version and have continued with this latest version. I've been in contact with Firestorm support and they explained to me the difference between a 'Crash' and a 'Disconnect'. I have experienced both, but disconnects seem to be the greater problem. Evidently disconnects are much more difficult to trouble shoot.

There are warning signs when a disconnect is about to occur: I can not post to 'Nearby Chat', HUDs will not respond, and can not move forwards or backwards only rotate view. Then the screen will freeze, go black and white and a window will appear (see attached screen shot). I was wondering if there were any known issues that might be causing this problem for me. Thank you for any assistance or support you can provide.

Disconnect Error Message.png

I have been experiencing more of these since the move to the cloud, though not during every log in.  Sometimes they happen during a TP attempt, sometimes when I'm just standing somewhere reading IMs/Group Notices/etc... and sometimes when I'm just standing at home AFK reading the forums (i.e.  the viewer is not even active).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kyrie Deka said:

Tripped across a decades old driver associated with my Netgear network adapter while routine skimming through Device Manager

that was my issue as well, my network adapter needed updating after I changed to Windows 10

like you I had to discover for myself that there was a manufacturer update. Stuck it in and my SL has gone pretty good ever since

i still get the odd logout but when it happens is not a problem caused by my computer. Happens up the line somewhere, network packets never arriving

• Like 1

Sorry to bump this old thread, but i sadly have the same issue for nearly a month now.

At random moments every 10 or 30 minutes i'll get the following symptoms:

-text chat no longer works

-UDP traffic drops to 0

-after a few minutes of the above, i'll get 1000ms ping and disconnect error.

ISP: Telenet N.V. Belgium

Pc's NIC: Realtek 2.5GBE (latest firmware 10.50.511.2021)

Is there no way of monitoring the connection to SL? So i can figure out where it starts going wrong?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.