Group Land - lost group - no land access

Ravige

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I bought some land and then created a group and deeded the land to the group. Dummy me forgot to add the minimum amout of member s and the group got deactivated. So basically Im locked out of my own land. I created a another group using the exact same name but that didnt work - I guess the group key is different. Anyone have any ideas how to get my land back?

Thanks!

Thanks - I thought I might have to open a ticket..I pay  100L for a group.I should  have the right to decide how many members I want even if one.,..so I'm not too happy on that automatic group deactivation :(

Linden Labs has the right to decide that a group must have at least 2 members. How can you call it a "group" if you're the only member?  That doesn't make sense.  However, it's very easy to get 2 members for a group. If you don't have a friend who would join, just create an alt & have them join. Voila', you now have 2 members.  Sorry you lost your $L100 & now have to file a ticket to try to get your land back, but that's what happens when you don't read the "fine print" in the LL rules.

It seems like way to grab up land and resell/auction if off  oO . Also by creating a group - does it cause any overhead or additional operating costs? Linux kernel version 2.6 supports  4 billion users/groups . !00l? And these group member "rules"  and time limits for what? In the hopes you forget ..And they grab the land ..its a conspiracy lol....

After you pay the initial $L 100 to form a group there is no additional cost.  As long as you keep at least 2 members & one owner in the group, you will have it as long there is a Second Life virtual world.

Anytime you own land, however, as an individual or as part of a group, you have to keep track of whether the owners of your land group's tier are paid up on their tier or not.  If you (the owner of the group), another co-owner of your land group, or a member who contributes tier you need to hold your land defaults on their tier payments, your land may be liable for going back to LL & being auctioned off.  The same kinds of things happen in RL when taxes are not paid on property.

Another way that being part of a group can cost you is when the group has reccurrent fees, such as having group land "Show in Search".  Then each group owner (or sometimes group officers or all group members) will be automatically charged for an equal portion of those fees.  It is possible to incur a negative $L balance when this happens, even if a member does not have a Premium account.

You can always try to buy & sell land at a profit in SL, but the current market does not favor sellers who are not very savy about the business.

Ravige wrote:

It seems like way to grab up land and resell/auction if off  oO . Also by creating a group - does it cause any overhead or additional operating costs? Linux kernel version 2.6 supports  4 billion users/groups . !00l? And these group member "rules"  and time limits for what? In the hopes you forget ..And they grab the land ..its a conspiracy lol....

Is it heckerslike a conspiracy. It is just one of those things. You created a group, you must have had at least one email from LL to say they were going to deactivate it.  Submit a ticket, explain clearly and concisely (without ranting about conspiracy theories or telling LL off for "bad practices") and it is very probably that LL will - as has been posted previously in this thread - set the land for sale to you for zero dollars. 

And please, do post back here and tell us the good news when you get your land back.

Davyn Firehawk wrote:

yeah but why? Thats like starting a business andapplying for incorporation then getting told you have 2 or 3 days to get a board of dorectors etc...or it becomes void....there are single person corperations oO This time limit is BS  IMO

Why? Because a "Group" is more than one person, if there is just one member it is an Avatar not a group & you don`t need to give yourself abilities that you already have. LMAO.gif

Speak to Live Chat about getting your land sorted out, but they will probably tell you to submit a ticket anyway, so you may as well just do that first.

As had been said several times already, submit a ticket. Unlike some people at LL, t.he Land people are good people, and you will get the land back for 0L. It may not happen as quickly as you'd like, and it's not in rules that you *should* get it back, but you will get it back. I have no doubt about that.

When it's sorted out, do as someone else suggested - create an alt to be the second group member. An individual isn't a group.

Question: Is this mainland or a private estate/island?

If it's estate land, then contact the person listed in the covenant and ask them to reclaim it and reset it to sell to you for L$0.

If it's mainland, file a ticket and wait - or file a ticket and follow it up with Live Chat if you have it available to you.

Best of luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.