Jump to content

Dating ideas


5trike
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Dear SL'ers

I am partnered up with a dam good girl. I am trying to keep a bit of romance going, with the ocassional fun date, things like a scavenger hunt designed around her, few dinner dates (with me), dancing, funfairs, open mics, boating... the usual kinda stuff really. 

I was wondering if anyone has had a fun date away from the usual and willing to share what it was?

Stuck for ideas,

Stryke

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picnic date, road trip, rent a spot in a resort for a weekend (check them up first, some have extra fun activities to offer), horseback riding (look up trails in sl search), book a photographer and take some "lovestory" type pictures, go see movies, walk through a zoo, visit amusement park. 

Also, it's winter so ice-skating, skiing and other cold weather activities are more available than ever. 

Good luck! 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you go to Etosha and use the play all for the dances, you can throw her up in the air and then catch her.  It's a great animation.  The over and over grinding type of dance animation gets old after awhile.  Etosha has the best couple dances I've ever seen.  Etosha is a PG sim, no sex, no nudity, so be sure to read the rules first.  Da Vinci gardens has a great up the mountain snow ride.  Sorry, I don't have anything too original.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2020 at 5:22 AM, FairreLilette said:

If you go to Etosha and use the play all for the dances, you can throw her up in the air and then catch her.  It's a great animation.  

That dance is from Bits and Bobs if anyone is looking to buy it for themselves. I have it in my dance ball at home, I love it :)

Something I like doing for dates is going dancing at places we wouldn't normally go, and dressing in theme. This is really fun and gets a few laughs. Both hate country music? Great! Dress in your best country and western gear (maybe grab a cheap hat) and go to a country venue anyway, guaranteed you will have a great time bonding together.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I think I love visiting places that try to look like rl places.  I love going to the Venice sim, for example, putting the windlight onto sunset or even midnight, and stand on the bridge over the canal with someone special.  There are a few places where you can dance, like in St. Mark's square, as well.  Lots of places to sit and watch the water ferries or taxis go by, or you can ride one of them.  I can't remember if the gondola's work or not.  Yes, it's an old build, but I still find it romantic.  

26037533747_0cb0d46a1e_o.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kari Velvetleaf said:

I think I love visiting places that try to look like rl places.  I love going to the Venice sim, for example, putting the windlight onto sunset or even midnight, and stand on the bridge over the canal with someone special.  There are a few places where you can dance, like in St. Mark's square, as well.  Lots of places to sit and watch the water ferries or taxis go by, or you can ride one of them.  I can't remember if the gondola's work or not.  Yes, it's an old build, but I still find it romantic.  

26037533747_0cb0d46a1e_o.jpg

Amazed that Venice is still around. It was one of the first places I visited in SL, way back in 2006 and I thought it was incredible back then.

Another "blast from the past" that's great for a date or a group outing with friends is the SS Galaxy which is now moored off the coast of Bellisseria. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, Karly Kiyori said:

Amazed that Venice is still around. It was one of the first places I visited in SL, way back in 2006 and I thought it was incredible back then.

Another "blast from the past" that's great for a date or a group outing with friends is the SS Galaxy which is now moored off the coast of Bellisseria. 

*Smiles* Yes, it's an oldie but still is special, at least to me.  I think during this last year of covid quarantines, I tended to 'travel' virtually in sl more than usual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My husband and I go on SL together to travel virtually now that we are coping with RL travel restrictions so we have been to a lot of lovely and not-so-common date places and I want to recommend so many but here is one off the back of my head right now:

The Rainforest Reserve

Fifteen (yes, FIFTEEN!!!) regions of the rainforest and some of the most beautiful in Second Life. You need at least half day for this. So much exploring to do and there is an abundance of exciting recreational NON ADULT opportunities in the area that you can share with your special someone, or just your friends. Lake Eacham, atop Mount Cooper, is the headwater of Cooper Creek Wilderness. From this bucolic lake, the waters fall through a large cave before spilling out to the north and flowing into Cooper Creek. It runs all the way north to a public park and nature reserve on the northern boundary of the estate. There are kayak and motor boat rezzers located in several areas, allowing you to travel up and down the Creek, as well as to explore the rest of the area. A horse trail runs the length of the estate, along the shore.

GETTING THERE

  • By Sea

The Rainforest is a short sail from the Blake Sea. Travel south from the Fishers Island Yacht Club at Sailors Rest, through the Honah Lee regions, then sail past the SS Galaxy to enter the area from the west. Alternatively, sail through the lovely Sailors Cove regions and enter via Thornton Peaks gateway. AFAIK the dock allows you to tie your boat up to 120 minutes while you explore.

  • By Air

The Rainforest Estate operates the Rainforest Airfield at Frasier Island. A lit, single runway, community air field, centrally located just to the north of Mount Cooper. Hangar and tie down rentals are available for light aircraft. A free yacht tender (motor boat) is available to rez at the south end of the docks in front of the cafe. The Rainforest Horse Trail passes to the east of the field and there's a ferry to Mount Cooper on the southern shore. A kayak rezzer is located just to the east of the heliport. There is also a skydiving "drop ship" launcher to the south of the heliport.

  • By Teleportation

... or you may just teleport, this is an excellent start: Cooper Creek Wilderness Campfire

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could go on a flight trip. There is a group called "Passengers of SL" (secondlife:///app/group/14cc8a34-8df1-5c5f-fb4c-bfed7debbfc9/about) where you could ask about scheduled flights, or find someone who would be willing to fly you around at a particular time/date.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm probably not the best guy to give advice. My SL wife and I game outside of SL also and this one time I gifted her a copy of Friday The 13th. on Steam and tried to get her to go on a date with me at Camp Crystal Lake. Needless to say I slept on the couch that night mate. lol The upside though is she couldn't say there was a dull moment. Just saying. Glass half full kinda guy and all that. lol😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, 5trike said:

Dear SL'ers

I am partnered up with a dam good girl. I am trying to keep a bit of romance going, with the ocassional fun date, things like a scavenger hunt designed around her, few dinner dates (with me), dancing, funfairs, open mics, boating... the usual kinda stuff really. 

I was wondering if anyone has had a fun date away from the usual and willing to share what it was?

Stuck for ideas,

Stryke

Dude!. After reading this, all I gotta say is, I wanna date you!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...