Filmed a wedding on the EEP FS viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

thought Id give it a go. I have both the non-EEP and the EEP viewer installed right now. Filmed a wedding the other nite on the EEP. Didn't notice any performance drop vs the non EEP so that is good. Really no issues at all on EEP. I dont know what we are to called it now when we make a new "windlight" since EEP isn't windlight anymore, but I suppose Ill back up my 200 or so WLs I made and start importing them into EEP. Like the song from BOC 'Don't fear the reaper' Id say don't fear the EEP lol

Perhaps "EEPs" is a bit too.... weird.  How about "environments"?  Too generic?  Need a specific to Second Life term?

Probably never should have called them "windlights" in the first place.  Now we are stuck with it.

We probably never should have called our original security devices "orbiters".  Now we are stuck with a shortened version, "orbs", because people got suspended for orbiting and the devices no longer "do that".  Shame, now people say it's because they are round.

Somebody start a new thread so we can all contribute to an informal Second Life Glossary?  Nah, that would be too organized for this bunch a hooligans!  😉

15 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

Perhaps "EEPs" is a bit too.... weird.  How about "environments"?  Too generic?  Need a specific to Second Life term?

Probably never should have called them "windlights" in the first place.  Now we are stuck with it.

We probably never should have called our original security devices "orbiters".  Now we are stuck with a shortened version, "orbs", because people got suspended for orbiting and the devices no longer "do that".  Shame, now people say it's because they are round.

Somebody start a new thread so we can all contribute to an informal Second Life Glossary?  Nah, that would be too organized for this bunch a hooligans!  😉

They have been called windlights from the very get go for a simple reason.

The original project was called Windlight and so was the implementation and rather than saying Windlight presets we started shortening them to Windlights. Shortening like this is very common and the term Windlights should absolutely stay. EEP is not Windlight, its literally in its name what EEP is, its an Environment Enhancement Project, nothing else. The environment is still called Windlight and unless we rip it out completely and replace it with a totally new thing it will totally remain "Windlight". In other words, EEP is not a replacement for EEP as many people think it is. It is merely an improvement (more like the opposite) build upon the foundation that is the original Windlight system.

Edited by NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.