I'm having a problem purchasing a houseboat

Coco Geddins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I put in a request to downgrade my account but my premium membership is good until May of next year.  I went to try to get the houseboat but it's not allowing me to do it.  It says my account is past due or I need to update my billing information.  I know neither of the two are true.  Can someone look into this for me to see why I'm not able to get the houseboat?

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Coco Geddins said:

I put in a request to downgrade my account but my premium membership is good until May of next year.  I went to try to get the houseboat but it's not allowing me to do it.  It says my account is past due or I need to update my billing information.  I know neither of the two are true.  Can someone look into this for me to see why I'm not able to get the houseboat?

when you downgrade it's not longer possible to get a house, no matter how long it's till the actual downgrade.

• Like 1

Alwin's right.  If you decide to downgrade, your Premium status is changed to "Pending Downgrade". You will be a Premium member until the end of the period that you have already pre-paid for, so you will continue to get a weekly stipend and you will still have all of the  perks of Premium membership except that you cannot own property on the mainland. That includes Bellisseria and the old-style Linden Homes.  If you want to keep a Linden Home right up until the end, therefore, the smart move is to wait until a week before the end of your Premium membership and then downgrade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coco Geddins said:

Since your current membership is paid until May, you can put in a Support ticket and request LL to reverse the Downgrade.  Then you can get a Linden Home (which you do not actually "purchase" - just click through the links).  Then you will need to abandon the Houseboat no later than the day before your Renewal date and request the Download again at that time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i couldn't test it because i wasn't at home... but as long your downgrade is pending... you cán donate the 1024 sqm to a group ...  ( but of course not use it for a Linden Home as those can't be group owned)

Wow - there's an interesting glitch in the 'no land usage for pending downgrades'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.