After last update today( 23.12.2020) - it is crach after crach

Vihmakass

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I havent  used any options what i havent used before. After installing new update for official viewer today I crach like crazy.

I crach even if i stand and dont move after log in into mine Linden home.

I havent used FS viewer like years....now i think i must update it and try bc i cant be online anymore with official one.

p.s. seems time limit is around half hour / more or less/

Edited by Vihmakass

If you can provide system information (copy paste from Help->About), some of the experts on the SL VIewer will be able to help you better.

What come to mind immediately without knowing anything about your system:

• Your problems you starting to encounter with latest update, could it be something like a corrupted cache? I would try and clear cache and see, if it solves your problems.
  • Next easy fix is typical updating graphic drivers.
  • Connection issues - high ping/bad connection. Typical with very high ping times, you will not be able to move and everything very slow.

Edited by Rachel1206

33 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

If you can provide system information (copy paste from Help->About), some of the experts on the SL VIewer will be able to help you better.

What come to mind immediately without knowing anything about your system:

• Your problems you starting to encounter with latest update, could it be something like a corrupted cache? I would try and clear cache and see, if it solves your problems.
  • Next easy fix is typical updating graphic drivers.
  • Connection issues - high ping/bad connection. Typical with very high ping times, you will not be able to move and everything very slow.

I have light cable connection, gamer pc / ok not newest new/ and like i told it worked yesterday before update perfectly, smooth and quick.

Only change what i did was update itself.

I fear try clear cached bc if i crach before mine inventory has loaded it might get partly lost. Has happened once before  and nobody was able restore it.

I use win10 pc, all updates automatically, also drivers. And there wasnt updates after i got SL update.

p.s. Craches are timed so perfectly on half hour, despite what setings or WL i use or what i do/ stand, build , tp aso aso and i dont lagg at all / , that it feels unnatural from any point of view. :D

Edited by Vihmakass

2 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

I have light cable connection, gamer pc / ok not newest new/ and like i told it worked yesterday before update perfectly, smooth and quick.

I fear try clear cached bc if i crach before mine inventory has loaded it might get partly lost. Has happened once before  and nobody was able restore it.

I use win10 pc, all updates automatically, also drivers. And there wasnt updates after i got SL update.

p.s. Craches are timed so perfectly on half hour, despite what setings or WL i use or what i do/ stand, build , tp aso aso and i dont lagg at all / , that it feels unnatural from any point of view. :D

What is the version number you've been updated to? I don't see any updates to either the release viewer or the two release candidate viewers this week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

As requested, the actual copy/paste of the information from the Help/About Second Life would be much more helpful than your own interpretation of what your system looks like. In particular, it would show the exact level of the region server and your viewer. It would also show details about your video card and its version, which may be important.

It is marked 15.12.2020. but  came me on 23.12.20. 

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/6.4.12.553723.html

Like i told ...i havent made any changes and i play  a lot SL. Before that update it worked- after not. 

When i log in again i write here is it still bad or is it ok now.

WHY updates arrive like they arrive i dont know. I dont have manual update search, it tells me that it looks for update every time i log in...and i log in many times in week.

I was inworld day before and update didnt came up.

So for me it is 23.12. 2020 update bc it happened then.

About regions- multiple : old Linden house , mainland, private sims....there wasnt difference. Even if i stood face and cam onto plain wall and didnt moved or acted with SL at all - i crached after half hour. With very low settings, with max settings.....there wasnt any patterns...only time limit. 

So i think it doesnt have anything to do with mine net / all other places worked well/  or graphics.

But like i wrote...when i log in again..i write  here how it is.

Edited by Vihmakass

It is rather off putting/odd that the release page does not show the version you've mentioned as the "Default" or "Current" release.

Meh.

It should not have waited to update you either, if that is indeed the current Windows release.

What you think regarding your network or graphics ... isn't really all that relevant. Having the information from Help - About is the standard when you're asking for help from the community in attempting to diagnose potential Viewer or System side issues.

The linked Viewer is the current version you get when you go to the download page.

I am well aware of what is on the Releases/Server Versions page.

The downloads should always reflect whatever Linden Lab has released to end users as "current" - Not all that hard to understand.

Actual current is 6.4.12 (563723)? Make it such on the actual main download page.

And this whole thing is irrelevant - You were asked what your system specifications were, as reported by Help - About. This was asked for as a step to help diagnose potential Viewer or System related issues.

They weren't asking for your impressions or for vague tidbits. They weren't asking for their health either.

You done with the tangent?

It is bc it is release candidate....aka next default :P

Release Candidates

The other cohorts are candidates being evaluated to be the next default; all are believed to be stable.

Name Version Repository Changeset Public Access
Key Mappings 6.4.12.552100 viewer 74c3b7a0ee70f639dc5dcfd08f7f0762758183ee true
Maintenance 6.4.12.553723 viewer d1c88237c5b5d027ee8891c4013ea8580f5f4364 true
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vihmakass said:

It is bc it is release candidate....aka next default :P

Release Candidates

The other cohorts are candidates being evaluated to be the next default; all are believed to be stable.

Name Version Repository Changeset Public Access
Key Mappings 6.4.12.552100 viewer 74c3b7a0ee70f639dc5dcfd08f7f0762758183ee true
Maintenance 6.4.12.553723 viewer d1c88237c5b5d027ee8891c4013ea8580f5f4364 true

You can turn off - in preferences - having release candidates be included in the automatic updates. 

I was using the default 6.4.11.551711 version most of the day yesterday without any issues with crashing, and if you just do an install from the Downloads page, you should get the 6.4.11 version again, which you can then re-install. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.