Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

A list would be *very* long, but just ask about any items in particular that you'd like to track down by name/maker. Some of the larger items: the kitchen cabinets and stove are from Hive, the fridge is from KraftWork. The dining table, chair with yellow striped cushion, hall stand are from Apple Fall, dining chairs are from Trompe. Sofa is from Trompe, coffee table from Tuesdays, chair from Chez Moi. The green 'Chinese credenza' is a freebie from Apple Fall. The bed and closet, dresser and bedside tables are from Apple Fall (the cream furniture is brand new - on display at the AF landing point). The shower, bath, sink are from Trompe, and the frames in the bathroom are from Nomad. White metal table and chairs outside are from Chez Moi, sun canopy is from Muniick, lawn chair is from What Next and the yellow lounger is from Lisp. I'd have to check about smaller bits and pieces.

Oh, and the dividing wall in the large room cost all of 25L$ on the MP - it had some framed glass panels that I made transparent. (Absolutely nothing worked in this house style for me until I put that in!) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Day-Dreamer-Tortuga-Divider-boxed/21109576

wow, amazing work.........I need ideas like that

oh, and by the way ---- who did ya bribe to get the extra prims it seems like you'd need for all that stuff?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kayden Oconnell said:

wow, amazing work.........I need ideas like that

oh, and by the way ---- who did ya bribe to get the extra prims it seems like you'd need for all that stuff?

No extra prims, but I think I only have 4 left! [Correction - still have 8 left!]

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4

I’m not really feeling the chalets, so while I wait for whatever’s next, I thought I would do another stilt.  Since I did a Havana inspired Havana last time, I opted for a more common coastal/nautical vibe for this one.  I did stick with the Havana floorplan, as it’s small enough to reasonably fill, while saving enough LI to use on the great outdoors. 

The name of this one is Stilt House of Blues.  While I am a fan of the blues musical genre, the name was inspired by the dominant color palette.  I did recycle some ideas and décor from some of my previous builds, but it’s not always easy to avoid what I know and like. 

The full set of photos is on my flickr, and visitors are always are welcome to check it out in person as long as you wipe the sand from your feet before heading inside. 

1815514863_StiltHouseofBlues-1.thumb.png.a7bc5ad3bf14a1f6636d37e6dd3ba005.png

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I’m not really feeling the chalets, so while I wait for whatever’s next, I thought I would do another stilt.  Since I did a Havana inspired Havana last time, I opted for a more common coastal/nautical vibe for this one.  I did stick with the Havana floorplan, as it’s small enough to reasonably fill, while saving enough LI to use on the great outdoors. 

The name of this one is Stilt House of Blues.  While I am a fan of the blues musical genre, the name was inspired by the dominant color palette.  I did recycle some ideas and décor from some of my previous builds, but it’s not always easy to avoid what I know and like. 

The full set of photos is on my flickr, and visitors are always are welcome to check it out in person as long as you wipe the sand from your feet before heading inside. 

I spent a long time here and studying the details. What you made here is really perfect. I could see that you used the Apple Fall Plantation kitchen as soon as I saw the pictures. It is impressive how you mixed in parts from Hive and Roost, and made the kitchen tops blend seamless with the stove. I have never seen the Hive components tinted in this deep color before, so I didn't recognize them at first.

And all the parts you have made yourself, lol. I was staring at your deck and pergola for a long, long time. I am really tempted to try and make something for myself again. 

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I spent a long time here and studying the details. What you made here is really perfect. I could see that you used the Apple Fall Plantation kitchen as soon as I saw the pictures. It is impressive how you mixed in parts from Hive and Roost, and made the kitchen tops blend seamless with the stove. I have never seen the Hive components tinted in this deep color before, so I didn't recognize them at first.

And all the parts you have made yourself, lol. I was staring at your deck and pergola for a long, long time. I am really tempted to try and make something for myself again. 

Thanks, Marianne.  The Plantation kitchen is often too fancy for what I want, but I think it is well suited for the stilts.  It has the bonus of being modular and has countertops that are easily retextured.  I just can't bring myself to use any kitchen right out of the box.  They rarely have a layout that works for the space, upper cabinets overwhelm most Linden homes, and as always, I prefer décor that no one else has.  

I use the combination of the Hive stove and Qutworld fridge often, as they go so well together, and the latter just looks better to me than the Hive fridge.  Unfortunately, it keeps me tied to a retro style.  I actually prefer nice modern stainless appliances, but I am still waiting for some in SL that look acceptably realistic.  Stainless is so difficult to get right.  The Roost stainless fridge is close, but I have never been able to find a suitable stove to go with it.  

I love making my own add-ons.  It's the only way to have what I want, and to have something that I won't see on every any other home in my region.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I love the way you decorated your walls - seems to be wood - blue and white .

How did you do that?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I guess there are Shells then for the Stilts on the MP?

Or did you make that yourself?

And just now I realized that the water isn't the sea but a pool in the deck- WOW good idea! Did you make these yourself?

I would imagine that there are stilt shells on the MP, but I haven't looked, preferring to make my own.  I also made the decks, pergola, and various odds and ends inside the house.   The "pool" is a modified Apple Fall Oregon Spa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

WoW!! The things you made look great!

Would be interested to buy them ... am sure to be not the only one ...

Do you sell them in the MP ... or would consider to do so in near future?

Thank you, @Leora Jacobus.  I don't currently sell any of my creations. 

One reason is that, while I think I do a decent job with how they look, I have not mastered the mechanics of creating mesh objects that always function as intended, so I sometimes have to use extra invisible pieces in order to maintain walkable surfaces, posts that act like posts, and other silly details.  Attempting to package that effectively and explain to any buyers how to correctly install it isn't something in which I want to invest the time.

Even if I overcame those challenges, I'm still not sure I would want to sell anything.  I selfishly enjoy having one-of-a-kind items that no one else has.  If I ever change my mind about that, I will let you know.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 17/04/2021 at 22:06, Matthieu Quander said:

O nome deste é Stilt House of Blues.   Embora eu seja um fã do gênero musical blues, o nome foi inspirado na paleta de cores dominante.   Reciclei algumas ideias e decoração de algumas das minhas construções anteriores, mas nem sempre é fácil evitar o que eu conheço e gosto. 

O conjunto completo de fotos está no meu flickr , e os visitantes são sempre bem-vindos para conferir pessoalmente , contanto que você limpe a areia dos pés antes de entrar. 

I think it's amazing how you master the color palette, I like to see the result.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Welcome to the thread, @katherinehotshot! I love your style. It is so original

But you risk to get some of your outdoor decor returned to you. Especially the pier and the pool. Some of the greenery look like it is outside your parcel too. Extending decor out of the parcel is not allowed.

Thanks Marianne, for your valuable feedback. I will rectify that soon. Just have to figure out where to install that pool :) 

• Like 2

My premium was ending on my second account and for whatever reason, I rolled five times for old times sake. On the fifth roll, I landed my dream stilt parcel. I am not sure who tossed this one back, but THANK YOU! I will abandon my other stilt soon.

I've been decorating for days 🙂

stilt-1stilt-2stilt-4stilt-5stilt-6stilt-7

• Like 30

On 4/18/2021 at 8:28 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

I actually prefer nice modern stainless appliances, but I am still waiting for some in SL that look acceptably realistic.  Stainless is so difficult to get right.  The Roost stainless fridge is close, but I have never been able to find a suitable stove to go with it.  

@Matthieu Quander, have you seen Theory appliances? There is a great modern stainless set http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Molesworth/21/70/27 with opening doors, great tris, 3 to 4 Li each, and fine LOD. The whole moddable set -  refrigerator, freezer, dish washer, and range for 800L. Or, get individually.

No, I don't get a sales commission. 😄

Snapshot_016.png

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
more info
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

@Matthieu Quander, have you seen Theory appliances? There is a great modern stainless set http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Molesworth/21/70/27 with opening doors, great tris, 3 to 4 Li each, and fine LOD. The whole moddable set -  refrigerator, freezer, dish washer, and range for 800L. Or, get individually.

Snapshot_016.png

Thank you.  I went and had a look.  Unfortunately, the textures, particularly on the stove, are a bit too "cartoony" for my personal tastes.  Also, this is a great set for a commercial kitchen, but would be overkill for most Linden Homes, at least for me.  I wouldn't mind having a "chef's dream kitchen" at some point, but I would likely only consider that on a private parcel where space and LI aren't so limiting.    

I do appreciate the suggestion.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Snapshot_016.png

Thanks for this. I was looking for a refrigerator EXACTLY  like the glass door one.

Just bought it!

• Like 3

My living and dining room, and yes the kitchen. I will re-work the decoration and textures of the walls.  I live in my windlass since 2 years now (pfew ! Time passed !), sometimes i think to move on for a nice home with garden... But im happy here and it's more versatile to build. I often change the decoration and build new rooms, try things...

Like everybody here, mh ?  Behind there is laundry in a little room against the kitchen wall, then bedroom and bathroom but i did'nt finish so no pic 😄

chez helo1.png

chez helo 5.png

chez helo 3.png

chez helo2.png

Edited by Anaryane
  • Like 15

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.