Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

The last time I went to Charleston, South Carolina (USA) to visit my sister at Christmas the temps dropped to below freezing. A slight drizzle created havoc on all the bridges. I thought my flight might be canceled. A week later they got about 8 inches of snow. Of course, it didn't last. They're not equipped for snow or ice. It's usually 70 or 80s at Christmas. Maybe your neighbor was inspired by that freak snowstorm. 

Where I live , although we have a rather mild climate, we do get snow 3-4 times per year and everybody loves it.  We are far from being tropical or even subtropical though. Not so long ago, I was the owner of a tropical estate in SL and I know from experience that nothing will stop lovers of snowy winters to turn their tropical parcels into a winter wonderland. For that reason I decided to abandon my nice home and move on :)

• Like 5

After seeing all these wonderful houses I decided to ditch the Trad and pick up a Stilt instead. I was super-lucky and got one on a pier and better than that, it's on the end of a row, and also on the edge of a region, so it has broad waterways on two sides. I'm keen on sailing so this is perfect for me.

I thought about following @Marianne Little's idea and putting a bit of beach under it but I've used up most of the LI already so I think I'll have to pass. Still need a bit more artwork on the walls and a few more potted plants and other assorted decor.  That kitchen is a whopping 55 LI so I may have to strip some of it out 😢.

50768041188_d0fe9961fc_b.jpg

50768924442_89833c0867_b.jpg

50768784721_a53bd3bc6c_b.jpg

50768901522_14f02c95e2_b.jpg

50768784896_a2b09156f4_b.jpg

50768040923_7eaf86f5f7_b.jpg

Even though it's my alt who owns the house, the style is more mine than his (he usually goes medieval or gothic, both of which would look pretty silly in here). This one is very similar to how I've decorated my separate mainland beach-home. I am now very tempted to put that one on stilts.

I have to say though, my favourite so far is @Nando Yip's retro-future mancave. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Update to Covenant:

[10:28] Abnor Mole: Hi everyone :) I wanted to take a moment to ask everyone to please help us spread the word about updates to the Linden Homes Covenant specific to the new Stilt homes. (especially the second, which applies to under the water surface as well)
[10:28] Abnor Mole: New to the Covenant as of Dec 20, 2020:
  *Terrain in the Stilt Home theme is not intended to be flat throughout the parcel. Requests to flatten, smooth, or add/remove water on the parcel will not be considered.
  *Small islands under Stilt homes are allowed within reason. Any resident owned mesh or prim "land" or other objects on Stilt water parcels must be completely within the borders of the parcel and not extend into waterways blocking or obscuring them in any fashion. This also applies to any vehicles parked or moored on the parcel as well as phantom objects such as rocks or surf. Prim or mesh "pads" immediately under your Stilt home on land are allowed. However, filling or paving over all or most of your parcel with a simple block of rock, concrete, dirt, grass, sand etc is not allowed and is considered out of theme.
  *Privacy screens, fences, or other parcel perimeter barriers are not allowed on the water in the Stilt Home theme.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11

I finally finished all my tweaking and fiddling and changing and rearranging and have a result I love. I wasn't excited about the stilts but now I am loving them!

My Tortuga:

update-4

Updated Living area. I added a small room near the door (got the idea someplace else in this thread). Now I have a proper fireplace 🙂

Linden Lab Stilt - Tortuga

I love my open concept kitchen!

update-2

Outdoor patio 🙂

update-5

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I finally finished all my tweaking and fiddling and changing and rearranging and have a result I love. I wasn't excited about the stilts but now I am loving them!

My Tortuga:

update-4

Updated Living area. I added a small room near the door (got the idea someplace else in this thread). Now I have a proper fireplace 🙂

Linden Lab Stilt - Tortuga

I love my open concept kitchen!

update-2

Outdoor patio 🙂

update-5

GREAT job!! I kive it! What kind of semitransparent privacy shield do you use on the patio? and what kind of "roof" ?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

GREAT job!! I kive it! What kind of semitransparent privacy shield do you use on the patio? and what kind of "roof" ?

I’m not sure what shield you’re referring to? That patio part is actually a balcony addon for one of the traditional houses. I had to edit it to fit, but it’s only a few parts and it’s easy to do. I edited the canopy texture to be semi transparent. 

The slat white barrier is from @Chic Aeon It’s from her deck set and for sale in her store. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Balcony-Awning/17170655

Edited by Mercedes Avon
Added more info.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

After a few days of decorating and adding pergola, safety railings and so on - here is my Tortuga:

Stiltmas_002.jpg.0e91d3ba1528a79c20182577fd8b2cad.jpg

Patio

Stiltmas_004.jpg

Living room

Stiltmas_005.jpg

At the fireplace

Stiltmas_006.jpg

Office

Stiltmas_007.jpg

Entry

Siltmas2_004.jpg

Kitchen

Siltmas2_001.jpg

Dining spot

Siltmas2_005.jpg

My entry "stopper" aka room divider (sorry, gone wrong at first, edited the post just now)

Siltmas2_002.jpg

Edited by Sum Littlepaws
Adding pics
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Totally lucked out on this OL Stilt Home in Bon Vivant. I had just finished doing a late night/early morning grid drive. Decided to take the plunge and sadly I gave up my forest woods Trailer in Hope Springs (it was beautiful, lots of trees, and no adjacent neighbors nearby) Anyway, I'm very excited that I got this Stilt Home on Land for my alt. (My main has an houseboat at Cheddar Bay that I refuse to abandon) Two beach themed homes, I am set for life.

Named my Tortuga Home "Sandy Cheeks". I think my house looks better at night than it does in the day imo.

Sorry for the mouseview text and cursor (I was in a rush and just wanted to upload these pictures right away)

Sandy-Cheeks-Stilt-Home-1.png

Sandy-Cheeks-Stilt-Home-2.png
Sandy-Cheeks-Stilt-Home-3.pngSandy-Cheeks-Stilt-Home-4.png

Sandy-Cheeks-Stilt-Home-5.png
Sandy-Cheeks-Stilt-Home-6.png
Sandy-Cheeks-Stilt-Home-7.png

• Like 24

13 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I meant in the right half of the last picture the sort of barrier formed by a white fence and some semi transparent blurred foliage

Oh yes, that is the white panels from @Chic Aeondeck kit. The foliage is wisteria from a store called LOVE. It’s made to hang over walls like that and very inexpensive and pretty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/27/2020 at 4:32 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

After seeing all these wonderful houses I decided to ditch the Trad and pick up a Stilt instead. I was super-lucky and got one on a pier and better than that, it's on the end of a row, and also on the edge of a region, so it has broad waterways on two sides. I'm keen on sailing so this is perfect for me.

I thought about following @Marianne Little's idea and putting a bit of beach under it but I've used up most of the LI already so I think I'll have to pass. Still need a bit more artwork on the walls and a few more potted plants and other assorted decor.  That kitchen is a whopping 55 LI so I may have to strip some of it out 😢.

50768041188_d0fe9961fc_b.jpg

50768924442_89833c0867_b.jpg

50768784721_a53bd3bc6c_b.jpg

50768901522_14f02c95e2_b.jpg

50768784896_a2b09156f4_b.jpg

50768040923_7eaf86f5f7_b.jpg

Even though it's my alt who owns the house, the style is more mine than his (he usually goes medieval or gothic, both of which would look pretty silly in here). This one is very similar to how I've decorated my separate mainland beach-home. I am now very tempted to put that one on stilts.

I have to say though, my favourite so far is @Nando Yip's retro-future mancave. 

Hello across the pier neighbor.

• Like 1

I still did not get down to furnishing my spots for I am not sure wether I'll keep them or try my luck afresh when the big bulge will be released next Monday or so. PLUS I haven't yet decided which of the two storey buildings I prefer: the Lauderdale or the Santiago (cannot even see what is the big difference between both).

Only thing I know for sure is that I do not want a one story houese since to have a sitting room, a bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom is essential for my immersive feeling  and I do not really like all those open mixed into one solutions - having a kitchen next to your sofa or bathtub next to your bed or some such. ;)

I do thank all our master- decorators (or rather mistress - decorators?) for their photos because they are a great sourcce of inspiration!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

PLUS I haven't yet decided which of the two storey buildings I prefer: the Lauderdale or the Santiago (cannot even see what is the big difference between both).

I found it hard to decide too, but Lauderdale has bigger rooms and a bigger backdeck, and a wide front porch. While Santiago has smaller "footprint" and I thought it can be the right one if you will add more decks, other houses and make a garden. I went with Lauderdale but I am strangely low in emotions, it is not the "woooowwww" feelings I have had. Plus that I am so worn down in RL. So I look at the rooms, but can not decide if I really like them.

Anyways this is the bedroom and bathroom. I set up one wall in the room that already had 2 door openings. Like it was made to be divided. I wondered if I should have a walk in closet, but I could not decide, I set up a large wardrobe and a screen that cave me a nook with interesting things, colorful stuff from gachas.

I have a small room left on the other side of the wall, I put some furniture there and it is not "speaking" to me, not sure what to do. Very low energy in me.

cala_007.jpg

cala_008.jpg

cala_010.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 15

On 12/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, Rosemary McDonnell said:

Hiya, love your extended decks and boat dock. Did you build them or find them on the Marketplace?

hi rosemary thanks for the nice words on our place, we built it specifically for our parcel , i have not given much thought to put it on marketplace .It is mainly just regular prims though, with some mesh porch ballast i made for our Victorian, and some mesh railings i made to match the stilts. Then to match some of the trim textures ,that i did not see in the creation pack ,, i simply took photos in world and edited them into useable  textures in photo shop. Thanks again ; )

• Like 1

Tortuga is growing on me because of the large windows.

I dislike the entrance with the uneven walls. I am working on first one design, with a toilet room to one side and a very small bath with just a sink and a shower on the other.

I really like that symmetry. Even if the rooms will be so small. Then I thought... is symmetry so important? Going in to the main room with the walls gives me one bigger bath. On the other side, can it be a chest of drawers with a mirror over, a coat hanger, a chair... enough to fill in the strange corners.

Maybe I do this last setup, with the arched doorway.

doors_001.jpg

doors_005.jpg

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Tortuga is growing on me because of the large windows.

I dislike the entrance with the uneven walls. I am working on first one design, with a toilet room to one side and a very small bath with just a sink and a shower on the other.

I really like that symmetry. Even if the rooms will be so small. Then I thought... is symmetry so important? Going in to the main room with the walls gives me one bigger bath. On the other side, can it be a chest of drawers with a mirror over, a coat hanger, a chair... enough to fill in the strange corners.

Maybe I do this last setup, with the arched doorway.

doors_001.jpg

doors_005.jpg

ooooooooo, nice!  I would LOVE to see inside your new rooms too!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.