Loading issues

Jenn Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What's with all the new issues, you might look normal to your self but then a friend will be like, why are your hands and feet huge or why is your head missing all of a sudden. And relogging is the only fix, even refreshing attachments doesn't work.  Did not have this problem until recently.  And have not changed anything more than my clothing like I do every day.  Same everything else. And looks fine on my end.  Even alpha layers are just getting messed up bad.

Edited by Jenn Rowley

31 minutes ago, Jenn Rowley said:

What's with all the new issues, you might look normal to your self but then a friend will be like, why are your hands and feet huge or why is your head missing all of a sudden. And relogging is the only fix, even refreshing attachments doesn't work.  Did not have this problem until recently.  And have not changed anything more than my clothing like I do every day.  Same everything else. And looks fine on my end.  Even alpha layers are just getting messed up bad.

While you might not have had this issue until recently, it has been an issue in SL off & on forever. 

If the issue is you, sometimes TPing elsewhere and back will fix it without having to relog.  

Often, if someone else is not seeing all of you, it is their connection that is the problem, not something about you.

• Like 1

LittleMe is right. These problems come and go.

That you are suddenly seeing them does indicate a problem. The trick is identifying the problem's cause. Is it your computer, viewer, modem-gateway, connection, ISP, or the Linden side of things. Until you can identify the cause, there is little to be done to resolve it.

Assuming because your computer worked yesterday that it must be something on the Linden side is naive. While you may not have initiated any change the computer and various systems along the way to SL are automatically updating.

Just as a fever is a symptom of numerous illnesses so too are these problems a symptom of many different causes. Until a doctor determines the cause of a fever the best they can do is treat the symptom... so aspirin or Tylenol. Anti-biotics or anti-virials can't be used until the doctor knows the cause of the fever.

Watch the Grid Status reports and ask as you did here in the forum BEFORE you start ripping your computer apart or flushing the viewer's cache. Make sure you have a reasonable expectation of what the problem cause is before taking action. Stick with testing. Trial and error is time consuming.

I have multiple viewers installed. When I see a problem the first thing I do is see if multiple viewers or just one has the problem. If I see the problem on multiple viewers, I try another computer, my laptop, which is usually a few updates behind as I seldom use it. 

When all viewers and computers have the problem then I know it is NOT a viewer or computer issue so I test my connection. See how here: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

If this testing shows it is on the Linden side then it is time for a trouble ticket or bug report. I can add all the information I have eliminating viewers and computers and showing my connection to SL is good. This gives the Lindens some idea of what is NOT the problem narrowing what they have to look at.

When you find it is likely on your side or the ISP's side we can offer help chasing down what is wrong. Include your computers and the viewer's details. Use the Viewer's HELP->About... to gather that data.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

12 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

LittleMe is right. These problems come and go.

That you are suddenly seeing them does indicate a problem. The trick is identifying the problem's cause. Is it your computer, viewer, modem-gateway, connection, ISP, or the Linden side of things. Until you can identify the cause, there is little to be done to resolve it.

Assuming because your computer worked yesterday that it must be something on the Linden side is naive. While you may not have initiated any change the computer and various systems along the way to SL are automatically updating.

Just as a fever is a symptom of numerous illnesses so too are these problems a symptom of many different causes. Until a doctor determines the cause of a fever the best they can do is treat the symptom... so aspirin or Tylenol. Anti-biotics or anti-virials can't be used until the doctor knows the cause of the fever.

Watch the Grid Status reports and ask as you did here in the forum BEFORE you start ripping your computer apart or flushing the viewer's cache. Make sure you have a reasonable expectation of what the problem cause is before taking action. Stick with testing. Trial and error is time consuming.

I have multiple viewers installed. When I see a problem the first thing I do is see if multiple viewers or just one has the problem. If I see the problem on multiple viewers, I try another computer, my laptop, which is usually a few updates behind as I seldom use it. 

When all viewers and computers have the problem then I know it is NOT a viewer or computer issue so I test my connection. See how here: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

If this testing shows it is on the Linden side then it is time for a trouble ticket or bug report. I can add all the information I have eliminating viewers and computers and showing my connection to SL is good. This gives the Lindens some idea of what is NOT the problem narrowing what they have to look at.

When you find it is likely on your side or the ISP's side we can offer help chasing down what is wrong. Include your computers and the viewer's details. Use the Viewer's HELP->About... to gather that data.

So if I log in with my alt on the same firestorm viewer on the same pc. Which is by no means old, it's a custom rig I built in January.  and see the same issue that my friend did, then relog my normal avi, and suddenly it works again, where should I start looking.  I will post my about in a few, it won't help much as my hardware is not old and I'm running current firestorm with eep.  My internet is pretty reliable, it either works or it doesn't, and I pull around 500/30 on the connection side of things on speed tests, I'm hardwired.  

Firestorm 6.4.12 (62831) Dec  3 2020 22:34:49 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 170.1, 99.3, 66.0 in Biffle located at ec2-34-219-206-35.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Biffle/170/99/66
(global coordinates 298,154.0, 255,843.0, 66.0)
Second Life Server 2020-12-09.553685
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (3600 MHz)
Memory: 65468 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19041.685)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 8192 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.21.14.6089
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 460.89

RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.3.3 / RLVa v2.3.0.62831
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.0.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.01.05
Dullahan: 1.8.0.202007261348
  CEF: 81.3.10+gb223419+chromium-81.0.4044.138
  Chromium: 81.0.4044.138
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Dark)
Window size: 5062x1018 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 1650 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2.5
Render quality: High (5/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: Dynamic (4096 MB min / 30% Cache / 30% VRAM)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2020-11-28T22:1:35 
Built with MSVC version 1916
Packets Lost: 0/2,476 (0.0%)
December 25 2020 06:35:29 SLT

On 12/24/2020 at 3:16 AM, Jenn Rowley said:

So if I log in with my alt on the same firestorm viewer on the same pc. Which is by no means old, it's a custom rig I built in January.  and see the same issue that my friend did, then relog my normal avi, and suddenly it works again, where should I start looking.  I will post my about in a few, it won't help much as my hardware is not old and I'm running current firestorm with eep.  My internet is pretty reliable, it either works or it doesn't, and I pull around 500/30 on the connection side of things on speed tests, I'm hardwired.  

Everything in the computer-viewer specs looks good, as you thought.

I suggest you get the free "What is she wearing" HUD, marketplace. Check that the avatar is wearing the same stuff in both cases. This is sort of a "is the connection dropping something" test.

Since you are seeing the problem via an Alt and not with the Main that would indicate a possible problem in the connection. See Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. I don't have a lot of conviction the connection from you to SL/Amazon is the problem. But, at this point it is the only place I can think of that would cause such a problem.

Also, try wearing a Ruth or Library body. Put it on in a deserted empty region. Furball is a near empty region and few people are ever there and an adjacent empty region is likely to be totally deserted. See if the Alt and Main see the same thing while there. All avatars on a viewer use the same cache. If the cache is messed up it should show on both.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.