We are in the Cloud!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Not Premium membership income ? Or the eye watering commision charges on MP sales ? 

If those were the case then they would have already done what they said they were going to do years ago in moving reliance off tier for income and reduce land prices that way. It is why they increased those marketplace fees as well as looked at other levels of premium. Both have failed to remove Linden Lab's reliance on tier, hence I stand by my statement that Tier is their only 100% real income the others are just icing on the cake.

To give an idea on how much they earn on land tier, that is mainland (not including abandoned or LL owned) and private regions (data taken from gridsurvey) it equates to approx. $49,104,564/year. If we use the hypothetical for Linden Lab to earn that much money just through subscriptions it would need them to have 496,005 users pay for the annual premium of which we know is no where near the case.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

It is why they increased those marketplace fees as well as looked at other levels of premium.

To be fair, Premium Plus never materialized. I guess revenue was still comfortable enough for them to decide the optics of more greed would overshadow the already ridiculous tier/setup/premium fees. The pandemic was their public excuse not to go forward with it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.