Peeves let go of, forgiven, moved on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tis' the season for giving up those resentments, slights and general ill will to people, places, and things that are renting free space in our heads. The harbouring of grudges causes dis-ease so it is one's best interest to forgive, forget and allow some happiness in. We have and had plenty of peeve threads and posts so I am putting up this thread for people to share what peeves they are letting go of to start their 2021 off on the right foot.

• Like 12

Hmmph. Well. It's been 17 years since they did it (although somewhat more recently since I suffered it) so maybe in 2021, I will TRY to forgive F. Gary Gray and Mark Wahlberg for what they did to The Italian Job. But I'm not promising anything. I'm still furious. It's not a peeve, it's absolute rage.

At least now I've decided what I'm going to watch tonight, don't fancy a Christmas film.

This is the Self Preservation Society...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Hmmph. Well. It's been 17 years since they did it (although somewhat more recently since I suffered it) so maybe in 2021, I will TRY to forgive F. Gary Gray and Mark Wahlberg for what they did to The Italian Job. But I'm not promising anything. I'm still furious. It's not a peeve, it's absolute rage.

At least now I've decided what I'm going to watch tonight, don't fancy a Christmas film.

This is the Self Preservation Society...

God I love that movie. When Noel Coward descends into the prison mess to the clapping of the other inmates, graciously waving his hand like he was a monarch.

Also, the only thing I've ever seen Benny Hill in that didn't make me cringe.

And Michael Caine is just brilliant.

Also, the opening sequence. And the car chase.

Pretty much everything about it, actually. I have, thank god, never seen the remake.

• Like 1

I will be issuing full pardons to everyone who has annoyed or even mildly disagreed with me. (Please send the cash in denominations of 50, 100, or 200 Lindens.)

I'll also be retroactively pardoning myself for all of the stupid and occasionally insensitive things I've said here, as well as everything I will say in the future.

You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I hate people (not personally) who think when they post something, their all knowing and everyone should be doing what they suggest doing.

Screw that.  This is 2020 I shall be peeved if I wish to be.

I am with Jordan.  Remain calm and peeve on.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
REMAIN CALM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And Michael Caine is just brilliant.

Michael Caine is definitely brilliant, especially in one of my favorite movies, Educating Rita.  It reminds me of why I went into the education biz.  

Anyway, I don't peeve a lot out loud, but I peeve in my heart a lot (sort of like Jimmy Carter but milder).  I hereby resolve to stop doing that and let the IDIOTS who provoke me every blessed day world carry on in peace.  That does not extend to a full pardon for CoVid-19 or for at least one politician who shall remain unnamed.

• Like 4

This is an adorable idea @Arielle Popstar. 😊  Reading through it made me smile so thank you.

I don't usually have many peeves with people. It is usually with circumstance. Lately it has been frustration with my body for being chronically sick and how I hurt myself physically just by standing up the wrong way. My entire spine went out for three weeks because of it. I was miserable. I became my peeve. I let it go because I got so sick of wallowing in my misery because I was missing my favorite time of year. 

So I let the bad stuff go and happiness came back with the help of my hubby and friends. If i allow myself to stay miserable, it destroys me inside. I have a naturally happy nature.

It hasn't been a great year for anyone I think it is safe to say. I think we all need to deal with it in our own way without others judging or pushing what they feel we need to do or should be doing. So I will say. If you need to peeve, you peeve. If you need to find happiness, you do that. You all do what you need to do to make it through this crappy and stressful year. Just make it through in one piece please.

This thread could be therapeutic to some, just as the other type of peeve threads. Now I've certainly shared way too much so time to just go back to being quiet.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Michael Caine is definitely brilliant, especially in one of my favorite movies, Educating Rita.  It reminds me of why I went into the education biz.  

Anyway, I don't peeve a lot out loud, but I peeve in my heart a lot (sort of like Jimmy Carter but milder).  I hereby resolve to stop doing that and let the IDIOTS who provoke me every blessed day world carry on in peace.  That does not extend to a full pardon for CoVid-19 or for at least one politician who shall remain unnamed.

Fairly sure he'll be trying to pardon himself.

• Like 1

I stopped letting things rent space in my head, I have spent most of my last few years on the outside looking in and with that a better understanding of life, humanity and were it all leads and ends.

Related to Peeves was understanding many of our perceptions are originally not our own but imitated from those who raised us. often we will react the way our parents did, copying the world view and never really being who we could be as we also adopt those limitations/destructive habits we experienced with them.

So agreeing with the OP the path to a better future begins with a forgotten past, often times people wake up thinking about the past, rebuilding events from times prior this often leads to sabotaging what could be a fresh new start, even on the forum some will continue bad habits even when others ask them to stop and threads get deleted, they never stop to think there life has progeammed them not the other way around and to really change you must break free to reprogram yourself, your outlook, how you interact and why react the way you do. to nolonger keep the limitations others gave convinced you to accept.

Lifes too short, here is to a happy 2021 for Everyone and may the things that have troubled you instead become the strength to carry your dreams forward.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, Arielle Popstar said:

The harbouring of grudges causes dis-ease so it is one's best interest to forgive, forget and allow some happiness in.

What a great topic, especially for this time of year -- forgiveness. One of my favorite songs about forgiveness:

it's hard to give, it's hard to get, but everybody needs a little forgiveness..

• Like 2

[21:23]weirdo (weirdobob): hello
[21:23] Me: hello
[21:24] weirdo(weirdoboob): how come you aren;t using the hd nipples with that body?
[21:24] Me: sorry?
[21:25] weirdo (weirdo): how come you aren't using the hd nipples with that come with that body?
[21:25]Me: whats your business about what i use or don t use?
[21:25] weurdo (weirdo): absolutely nothing, you have a fine day
[21:26] Me: i have a great time when people don t disturb others with this kind of questions.
[21:26] weirdo (weirdobob): bugger offf

it got me surprised that some people cares about  others looks THAT much

😁

• Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.