Questions and Answers on the new Stilt Release

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

@Abnor Mole Can you inform us how the Stilt homes show up on the Dashboard? I have seen Stilts with info on Water, Pier.  Is there one for Land as well or other choices for the Stilt locations?  Thank you for your help,

Prudence

There is an On Land one also -- I got one earlier.

It looks to be three types from what I've seen show up on the page and looking at the actual land they would be:

On/Over Land -- part or all of the home sits over the land.  Some of these are partially over water.   The fully over land and partially over land might be 2 separate types - not sure.  I do not remember the exact wording of the one I got, but it was partially over land and partially over water and had "Land" as part of its type name.

On Pier -- the home sits fully over water and connects to a pier

On Water -- the home sits fully over water and does not connect to anything.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 6

• PrudenceAnton changed the title to Questions and Answers on the new Stilt Release

From in world.  They ran into some snags and are working on them.

[10:15] Patch Linden: We've had to stop, the test region is not healthy the way we want it to be

[10:16] Patch Linden: It means nothing other than we're working on it, and I'll update again later hopefully when we work through the issues.

[10:18] Patch Linden: There's 3900 Stilt Homes in this release, if it goes anything like Victorian, it'll be many days before that runs out when we can get going again.

[10:18] Patch Linden: (oh and 552 House boats)

• Like 4

• Moles
1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

@Abnor Mole Can you inform us how the Stilt homes show up on the Dashboard? I have seen Stilts with info on Water, Pier.  Is there one for Land as well or other choices for the Stilt locations?  Thank you for your help,

Prudence

I actually know nothing about the dashboard side of things. That's more a Patch question. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some quick tips for the bugs Patch and his moles are currently working on for the new Stilt  home releases.

1.  Use the house controller menu slowly. Do not flip through the homes.  Wait 1 minute before interacting with the house menu or entering it.

2. If the menu seems to stop working. Hold down on the controller for 4 seconds and release. Wait 1 minute. Then touch again and see if the menu comes up. Then select your model type. Again wait 1 minute before interacting with the house.

3.  If you find any models that seem to have an invisible barrier not letting you enter. Select the house in EDIT mode. This seems to fix that issue.

4. While they are working on the bugs, the key is to have patience with the controller. Go slowly. Do not access the controller and start changing models rapidly or you'll break it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't have the patience to wait in that long line, but how cute is that! He's actually there sitting in a santa chair, seeing each avatar one at a time, just like Santa. ❤️ 

Yeah, I've never been a "line" type of person.  I wouldn't stand in a line for more than 5-10 minutes in RL, even if they were giving away money -- unless it was LOTS of money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Discovered a tip for disappearing houses (the houseboat I snagged, well it was actually an empty parcel when I arrived).

If you click and hold the house controller for 4 seconds, then let go, it resets the scripts. Wait a while, I've heard 30 secs, or 1 minute -then click it again and you should then see all your house options. If the only button there is "OK" - DO NOT CLICK IT - click Ignore then try the reset again. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

Discovered a tip for disappearing houses (the houseboat I snagged, well it was actually an empty parcel when I arrived).

If you click and hold the house controller for 4 seconds, then let go, it resets the scripts. Wait a while, I've heard 30 secs, or 1 minute -then click it again and you should then see all your house options. If the only button there is "OK" - DO NOT CLICK IT - click Ignore then try the reset again. 

Click and hold for 4 seconds to reset.  Then rez your home and don't touch anything for 1 minute.  Also wait 1 minute between trying different styles or the controller can get whacked again and need to be reset again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Patch Linden's request in world to people waiting to grab a Stilt house today as they work to release more regions. The system is fragile.

[08:27] Patch Linden: Please remember, try not to play GoH.  If you get a house, keep it, if the load on the system becomes to great we are at risk of breaking it again.  This won't be the case forever but it's our best chance to get through releasing some more regions today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

The stilt house selection menu isn't rezzing a house for us, can someone tell us who we should contact? Thank you much.

Click and hold for 4 seconds.  Then see if it will rez your choice of homes.  Wait 1 minute after rezzing before trying another style or before touching the in-home controller.

If that will not work, use Live Chat and a Mole or Linden will come check on it.

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
  Live Chat is available 9am to 5 pm EST (6am to 2pm PST) every day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.