The best sea for sailing ?!

You could consider the sea around the Bay City area to be a nice spot to sail. Pretty low lag with about 24 or so sims to cross making a nice long cruise rounding up to 12 or so minutes round trip. It's pretty stable with the sim crossings there too and such; I have a overall relaxing time flying and sailing that particular course. To me, areas like Bay City and other older historical areas are pretty overlooked by the masses; they need more respect.

• Like 1

Zindra has a good amount of sailing area, just avoid entering the rivers which may cause your computer to experience lag. There are several rez zones, but the one I prefer is the North Shore Rez Zone in Shell Beach, http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shell Beach/80/57/24

Bellisseria has quite a lot of sea to see, and public rez zones are easy to find. You could try http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Springhurst Gulf/221/173/23

• Like 4
5 hours ago, KjartanEno said:

Zindra has a good amount of sailing area, just avoid entering the rivers which may cause your computer to experience lag. There are several rez zones...

Yes, Zindra has a good ocean. The rivers are sailable until you get to an upstream dam. They're also wide enough for sailboat tacking, and have LL land on both sides most of the way, so there are no surprise ban lines.

There's a water rez zone alongside the Port of Kama City, but it's not marked.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 2:52 PM, Ina Fairport said:

Blake Sea is pretty good for me. For sailing as well as for flying.

You could try this rezzzone  :  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nautilus - Symacom/28/46/23
From there sail to the west. Keep an eye on the map and you will find hundreds of good sailsims.

Truthfully? I wouldn't recommend the Blake Sea for the socialization but sure for the flying and sailing courses it's nice but once you get to certain areas like Siren's Isle or Barbarossa where the undesirables are with their laggy yachts it becomes a slog of a experience. The Blake isn't what it used to be like it was back in the day.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 2
On 1/8/2021 at 2:55 AM, Simo Vodopan said:

Truthfully? I wouldn't recommend the Blake Sea for the socialization but sure for the flying and sailing courses it's nice but once you get to certain areas like Siren's Isle or Barbarossa where the undesirables are with their laggy yachts it becomes a slog of a experience. The Blake isn't what it used to be like it was back in the day.

You are right about Siren's Isle and Barbarossa but why should you go there ? Blake is much more than that. I dont have many problems at Blake

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 2
On 12/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, LucaKen Baxton said:

i tried theBlake sea .. but it looks like full of lag .. 

Since uplift i would say lag is not an issue around the Blake Sea (with the exception of Barbarossa & Sirens Isle), Satori, Nautilus, Corsica, Gaeta, Dire Straits, Bingo straits etc. in that area. I had a Yava boat going at full pelt between Warben and Basilisk and back with out being chucked off also managed to sail between Emin (Nautilus) and squall (Gaeta)  with only one region crossing that looked like it was going to detach me from my boat. all that would have been impossible before uplift 

• Like 3

I often fly from SNO to Aerodrome Amelia Earhart. A very nice flight with my Piper Tomahawk PA-38 at low altitude.
And no lag issues

Or sailing from the Trudeau yard to Fairchang resort. Also very nice.

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 1

There are more than 600 Regions of navigable water reachable from Campbell Coast public Rez Zone at the Emyniad / Couse Region border.. want to try and help me make a list of them all?   I have a feeling there will soon be many more.  Search for Connect the Continents 🗺 

also...

Tradewinds Yacht Club has Friday Cruises, often with a party afterwards.  I think they all start away from, then end up at TYC.  I love the Cruises rather than races (I’m a lazy sailor) 😉 and the Cruise Routes can be done at any time for guaranteed and well-tested routes of smooth sailing ️ 

• Like 1