Question about JIRAs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a bit of a weird and maybe unanswerable question - does anyone have the slightest idea how long it usually takes for JIRAs to be looked at and actually resolved?

I ask because I noticed I'm unable to unlike feed posts (on web profiles). I then noticed there's already a JIRA reported on it but that was more than a year ago.

I'm sure the priority depends on the nature of the bug but I sometimes wonder if they ever do anything with these JIRA reports. Some of the errors reported are very old and the JIRAs are accepted but the errors still exist.

Edited by AdminGirl
Typo

On 12/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, AdminGirl said:

This is a bit of a weird and maybe unanswerable question - does anyone have the slightest idea how long it usually takes for JIRAs to be looked at and actually resolved?

I ask because I noticed I'm unable to unlike feed posts (on web profiles). I then noticed there's already a JIRA reported on it but that was more than a year ago.

I'm sure the priority depends on the nature of the bug but I sometimes wonder if they ever do anything with these JIRA reports. Some of the errors reported are very old and the JIRAs are accepted but the errors still exist.

My guess is that it is totally dependent on how severe the problem is deemed to be and how many people it appears to be impacting.  If a problem does not impact everyone, or is a minor impact to folks, then it gets a lower priority for being fixed.

There are always way more issues to deal with than the time available to deal with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've learned to ask myself:  How long does one watch a JIRA, support ticket, etc. - anywhere not just SL - before one recognizes that response time is relative to the priority that company has already decided to set the issue at.  No response or fix for 4 months? 8 months? 12 or more months?  It may set the world on fire, the break, but if no response, fix, or resources have been assigned to it or communicated in [ ] months it becomes pretty clear there has been an analysis and it was decided there are and continue to be more important issues to devote time to.  To each his own level of hope, but for this I would likely fall in the 4-ish months group. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.