Advanced Sculptie Exporter, does it work?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All you need do is run the .mel script on the export that you are doing and it will generate the .tga that you need to make the prim inWorld. It will not be to size but you can resize it in world. One thing to keep in mind that you will need to make your prims according to the rules of vertices and faces in SL for them to look right inWorld. You can find the .mel script in the wiki if you search SL sculptie export from Maya. Hope this helps with your problem :D

the power of the advanced exporter is that.. when it works.. it can import an entire scene such as that ant without having to follow those limits an advance (for example the demo ant uses NURBS) .. it cuts the scene into sculpts sl can handle and reassembles them all into the original scene (via scripts that run in world).

right ?

@guy railor: you need to read the wiki before posting again :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Let me answer you more directly. Even though you are rude when people are trying to help you. Before you post again you should think about that. No I have not been able to get the exporter to work maybe someone else has. If you would like to use Maya to make your sculpts and txt's you can, just do it in the format I described. I hope this helps you with your problem. Just so you know after working with Maya extensively I have found the features of Primstar which is in Blender to be far superior for making SL sculpties. Maya I am sure is good for other things, there just isn't someone like Domino writhing scripts for Maya to do all the cool things Primstar and Blender will do for you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.