Give a Song to Someone!

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I know we have a "What are you listening to" thread, but I thought it would be nice if we had a place where we could "gift" songs to other forumites.

The idea is to choose a song / video that seems particularly appropriate to someone else, and "give" it to them by posting it here. It can be funny or serious, but think of it as a way to show one of your fellow forum dwellers that you know them and think of them, and like them enough to give them a present -- through music!

One note: if you're going to participate in this thread, please be kind. Resist the temptation to choose a song that satirizes or belittles someone here: it would be nice to keep this thread positive, and community-building, rather than divisive.

I'll start with a couple.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

This first one is to @Madelaine McMasters. It's significance will be obvious to pretty much anyone who's been close enough to her to sniff the sulfur.

I especially like this choice of present for Maddy because she'll absolutely hate this song. I can almost hear her saying "What the hell is wrong with you!:"

Nothing at all, Maddy. Enjoy the song: it's a good one!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My second musical present will also seem obvious. This one (/me shakes the box before handing it over) is for @Cindy Evanier.

Cindy, this is rather short: it's more a stocking stuffer than a full present. But you'll agree it stuffs the stocking very well, I think, whatever you may think of Ozzie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.