The glossiness on a legacy body issue!

NunGrandma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanna thank you people for helping me the last time it meant a lot and i can't thank you all enough.

so i had an issue before with the jake body so i ended up buying the legacy body after i checked the demos and made sure everything works and i got the matching skins

and this is the last forum in case it needed even though i doubt it anyway my issue is simple this time yet it seems like nothing could solve it and i admit i'm new!
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/465532-body-and-head-wont-match-no-matter-what

- THE ISSUE -

So when i use appliers on the body and face to have the matching skin i bought it looks matching and good but everytime i use the body skin applier it puts
the legacy body gloss to the highest which i think it's the default so the whole avatar ends up looking strange like a muted face on a heavy shining body
that looks like a doll or plastic (
fake) and if i go to the body hud to lower/take off the gloss it takes off my skin applier
which makes my avatar don't match then when i go back to add the skin the gloss comes back to be a full shinny plastic body let me show you in pictures:

unknown.png

unknown.png

So the body hud seems like it doesn't have bakes on mesh like the lelutka conor face hud so i tried playing with the alphas and turning the BOM on and off
but it seems like the skin only get applied with the applier not with the BOM tattoo layers
anyway this is some pics that might help of what i have in folders and what i have on worn too

- WORN -

unknown.png

- THE BODY/FACE/SKINS FOLDERS -

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

anyway to fix this gloss/fake plastic look please help me and sorry if the pictures were too much
i'm trying to make everything clear so it would be easier to help me i hope.
THANK YOU

Edited by NunGrandma

6 answers to this question

First of all...

2 hours ago, NunGrandma said:

sorry if the pictures were too much
i'm trying to make everything clear so it would be easier to help me i hope

...never apologise for that! From the point of view of a CSR (or anyone else offering help to someone in SL) clear and detailed pictures are the best things we can have. Given that we deal with many requests for help that can be as vague as "My eyes look weird, how do I fix them?" then having all of this info upfront from you is fantastic :)

With regard to this:

the body hud seems like it doesn't have bakes on mesh [ ... ] it seems like the skin only get applied with the applier not with the BOM tattoo layers

Legacy's Edit HUD does have Bakes on Mesh activation, but it's a bit hidden. You won't see the BoM tattoo layers until you've enabled BoM on the Legacy HUD. Please see below for where to find it so you can enable it:

ab4414e5b4e220f3b7be42493e0df45b.jpg

Using BoM is infinitely preferable if you can swing it. It eliminates the alpha glitching issues you may have if, for instance, you wanted to wear additional body hair together with a tattoo. If you use a body hair applier and a tattoo applier, one or the other wouldn't show up; the OpenGL alpha sorting glitch that we so often see would kick in. But with BoM you can add both body hair and tattoos as system tattoo layers without any issue at all.

As to the body appplier constantly adding that shine, that's indicative of the body applier possibly containing materials (although please see my point below where I check whether you're disabling the shine on the body correctly). It's not unheard of for Clef de Peau to very occasionally add things on their skins that can be a bit annoying. That's not a drag of the brand or creator from me; their skins are top notch and always great quality, but I wish that - when they do offer such things - they would offer them as options rather than adding them by default and then expecting the end user to have to fiddle with the HUDs of their heads/bodies to remove the addition. Case in point: they issued one skin a couple of years ago, before BoM was a thing: a head applier for Catwa that contained an option to have a scar across the lips. The trouble was, the applier HUD had no option to apply the skin without the scar. You had to apply the skin, then add the Catwa HUD, go into both the lips and the blush tab (those were the two sections of the head that the scar automatically went onto) and clear the scar manually so you could wear the unscarred skin.

This bit, though -

if i go to the body hud to lower/take off the gloss it takes off my skin applier

- is puzzling me. Using your Legacy Edit HUD to remove the body's gloss options should not remove your skin applier. Are you clicking one of the body icons (like the ones shown in my above image) to do that? If so, then what you're doing there is replacing the Clef de Peau skin with one of the Legacy default body skins, so that's why you're no longer 'matching'. The shine removal option on the Legacy HUD is on the 'front page' of the HUD. Click the top icon of the three in the sidebar and use the Shine and Bump options there to remove it. The icons on the left of those there are the ones which remove the materials:

8fb06eb356a9070f798e7d3e27b9400f.png

(That image is a screenshot from the free Legacy 'Classic' body HUD, as it was all I could find quickly on my hard drive, and I can't remember off the top of my head whether the main Legacy body has more Shine options. Nonetheless, the location for disabling shine/bump is the same on both bodies.)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Can't thank you enough skell you keep helping a lot of people in this place i really admire it and appreciate it
i went with your steps and thankfully solved the issue so the BoM doesn't have any issues no matter what i click or add but appliers keep changing

just for the future the hud you used is exactly the one i have but the thing i was clicking wasn't the skins at all i was clicking the gloss as you should in your pic
and kept changing it so i won't be surprised if people buy the body and choose to go with appliers the gloss effect gonna be an issue
so the solve was bakes on mesh and thank you for showing me where to find it

i wish there is something to show you how grateful me and my friend for helping us all this way
you saved us a lot of trouble and put us to the right path so thank you from the bottom of our hearts

now he could start his journey into SL thanks to you and i wish you saw how happy we both were to see the end result
you have a great patience and knowledge and we appreciate you sharing it with us all 

this is my friends avi rn it still needs work but it's all clothing etc. al lthe hard work is past us thanks to you
unknown.png

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT WORK YOU GUYS DO HERE

💝

• Like 4

On 12/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, NunGrandma said:

i wish there is something to show you how grateful me and my friend for helping us all this way
you saved us a lot of trouble and put us to the right path so thank you from the bottom of our hearts

You're very welcome :) Just seeing your friend looking great and knowing that he's happy with his look is thanks enough. In fact, thank you for giving us all the info that we could have needed to help you out, upfront. It's always a pleasure to help someone who is helpful in return!

On 12/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, Emma Krokus said:

Not my issue, but, Skell - you're amazing. 

bashful.gif.5aaf99afc8b329cb6544b3ed8f0ac081.gif

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.