Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.

Sassy Kenin

44 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

What if they start out as a rat race?

…hands you a gimpy rat

42 flippin' minutes it has taken me to do this ... 

... especially for you though ;) 

rat race.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
the rat will always get there first
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BjorJlen said:

Hey Madelaine, fire is not the answer to everything you know... most things yes, but not everything lol. Oh and my Dad had this saying about birthdays; you may only have one birthday in a year, but you also have 364 NON-Birthdays, so try and celibrate them more. Oh, and he also tended to give out presents on his birthday too, as opposed to just getting them. Great man my Dad...

• Like 3

Internet Trolls...

Someone who takes pleasure in causing drama by arguing with people without wanting or accepting anyone's response and using condescending names in their responses such as sweetie and honey.  Reporting any post they don't like and categorically denying it is also a popular tactic.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

responses such as sweetie and honey.  Reporting any post they don't like and categorically denying it is also a popular tactic.

They also tend to plead ignorance when their trolling is pointed out to them. Or that it’s a language issue. Or that they’re oblivious or whatever.

Ignorantia juris non excusat where the juris, in this case, is us the Forumites 😆

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Internet Trolls...

Someone who takes pleasure in causing drama by arguing with people without wanting or accepting anyone's response and using condescending names in their responses such as sweetie and honey.  Reporting any post they don't like and categorically denying it is also a popular tactic.

Man, I'm from the South where tons of people use them often, but I still hate hate haaaaate when people use sweetie/sweetheart, honey, darling, etc etc in a condescending way. 😐 (and yes the reporting of posts for no justified reason is also a rather cowardly move.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Man, I'm from the South where tons of people use them often, but I still hate hate haaaaate when people use sweetie/sweetheart, honey, darling, etc etc in a condescending way. 😐 (and yes the reporting of posts for no justified reason is also a rather cowardly move.)

I've known several southern men, mostly in SL, and I don't mind a darlin' from them as I know it's in their nature.  I also love the yes Ma'am.  😉

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Buildings and furniture at events that don't state their landimpact anywhere. We can't all be wealthy sim owners, who couldn't care less if a gazebo has 9 or 55 LI.

Or the stores that link ALL elements together so you have to do some serious adding up to figure out what one piece is.  The basket, the bow,.the flowers and anything else that one piece consists of is all linked in with every other piece in the set.  

• Like 6

How the "how does your avatar look today" thread has become an art appreciation thread/feedback thread with a picture posted and then post after post raving about the look, the photo editing, the effects, blah blah blah ad nauseum.

There is a whole section for stuff like that!!!

Add to that the artsy fartsy pics where you can't actually SEE the avatar to see how they actually look today!

Again...whole section for that!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jordan Whitt said:

Cept for those of us are having the "ugh its too effen hot" Summer b1tchfests!!!  

Creepy Nod.gif

The photo suggests menopause rather than Australia, but I get ya, I really do. Too hot, too cold, too hungry and I'm an effing bear. 

Better out than in though (the b1tchiness I mean). 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

The photo suggests menopause rather than Australia, but I get ya, I really do. Too hot, too cold, too hungry and I'm an effing bear. 

Better out than in though (the b1tchiness I mean). 

lmao oh god!  Not the look I was going for...and not Australia...next door in NZ.  Although its not too hot today.  It's a lovely overcast coolish day here and I am loving it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

lmao oh god!  Not the look I was going for...and not Australia...next door in NZ.  Although its not too hot today.  It's a lovely overcast coolish day here and I am loving it!

Your lamb is delicious.

(Why NZ lamb tastes better that British is a mystery to me but there it is.)

We have had unseasonably warm weather today, 15C. The postman had his shorts on!

New pet peeve...

Thread's about pet peeve's that have turned into topics about Lamb which sounds yummy and I would like, but can't have any atm, and shorts which I would like to wear but can't either because its too damn chilly to as well.... 😡

Ummmm...   why are you two looking at me with murder in your... eyes...    Uhhh Ohhh...

<Immediately turns around and starts running away as fast as I can as I dodge Marigold throwing British Lamb Chops at me, while Jordan throws shorts at me with bricks in them as well>

Sorry! Ouch! I didn't mean it! OWWW!

Peace...

Edited by BjorJlen
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

How the "how does your avatar look today" thread has become an art appreciation thread/feedback thread with a picture posted and then post after post raving about the look, the photo editing, the effects, blah blah blah ad nauseum.

This is why I mostly just skim it these days

• Like 1