Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's peeve ... Groups for some of the larger mesh bodies/heads being used for advertising random junk people make for them. I'm in those groups because I want to be notified in case there's a new v

Adults operating preteen avatars seem to forget that kids are capable of speaking normally. Not bababababa dadadadada ahgagaga, switching out every other letter with 'w' nonsense.  Do they not remembe

reasons why my ex is my ex.  I sent him an email to tell him that my bank had merged with another bank and that my account number had changed so he could update for his child support payment for our a

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Awww they'd rather be lost at sea than welcome you back?

Pfft. That's okay, I'll make sure the welcome to lala-land committee is ready for you tonight.

20+Seconds+of+Laughter,+Clown+Under+bed.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, PermaRuthed said:

Then don't go those sandboxes anymore. There must be other places griefers don't hang out.

I'll probably jinx myself but I haven't run into a griefer in a sandbox since my first year.  Not that I use them often but the couple times I have, it's been fairly quiet.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

One of my pet peeves (I have a few lol) is where on a quiz show on telly the host asks the 50-ish year old contestant ''what do you do''?  They reply ''I am a retired street sweeper''. Now a street sweeper is a noble profession but I'm pretty sure they don't retire you off ten years early. I wish these people would say, if they absolutely HAVE to identify themselves with a job,  I am a street sweeper, I am retired or I am unemployed. If you have to identify yourself with something make it something special 🙂

Street sweepers are brilliant, insert most job titles into that slot for the same result xx

Ok I'll give you another one. It is pronounced Aitch NOT Haych 😛

1 minute ago, Eva Nova said:

Now a street sweeper is a noble profession but I'm pretty sure they don't retire you off ten years early.

There may be various reasons for people retiring early though, health issues for example - it's not uncommon for people who work physical jobs get worn out in their limbs to the point that they can no longer perform their tasks.

5 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

tenor (2).gif

giphy.gif

Just now, Jordan Whitt said:

I REJECT YOUR LOVE!

Well. I reject your rejection. So, there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

There's so many peeve threads now, we could cross-post our peeves and only regulars would notice. 

Totally agreed, we should make a thread that is completely opposite to this! :D

• Like 1

I have many peeves. Here's another.  When someone (not me, not that it matters) wants to know how to "see who is looking at them" and instead of just saying how to enable lookat targets, people have to go into a long technical spiel about how they don't really show what people are looking at.... yes yes fine technically correct, you are a genius at second life .... AND YET! When someone parks their cam on my face at a club, wouldnt you know, its a pretty darn reliable indicator of their interest and impending IM..

I have been trying, like REALLY trying to sit on my hands, bite my tongue and just leave this peeve in 2020 where it deserves to be left....but seeing it CONTINUOUSLY playing out in certain threads has me wanting to scream out...

200w.gif

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Now it's back to playing out some sort of relationship all over the picture threads again...

So glad I don't have the picture threads in my forum feed for reasons like this.  

45 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

So glad I don't have the picture threads in my forum feed for reasons like this.  

I have certain people blocked...but sometimes the urge to peek gets the better of me.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I have certain people blocked...but sometimes the urge to peek gets the better of me.

well sometimes, when the forums are slow... the urge to peek at stuff is strong 😂

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Orwar said:

Pfft. That's okay, I'll make sure the welcome to lala-land committee is ready for you tonight.

20+Seconds+of+Laughter,+Clown+Under+bed.

This is eerily reminiscent of the scene that greeted us the morning after a night at a hen weekend I went to a few years ago. Think the wig had deely boppers on it, though. It was a classy affair.

I think we all intend to recreate that night once this effing virus has effed off. 

Peeve: I can't remember which of us was the clown under the bed. Definitely not me, though, I was dressed as a hula dancer.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I have been trying, like REALLY trying to sit on my hands, bite my tongue and just leave this peeve in 2020 where it deserves to be left....but seeing it CONTINUOUSLY playing out in certain threads has me wanting to scream out...

200w.gif

I've been forcing myself to just scroll past it and pretend it isn't happening all over again.

12 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

Maybe they're rezzed with it. Maybe it's Photoshop. Eeeh, I'm pretty sure it's Photoshop. ;)

I'm tempted to send them a message asking for the skin photoshopped onto the ad and not the one they sell in the store. I'm sure that would go over well.....

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

200w.gif

Tell us who to follow, so we don't miss out on the shenanigans!

32 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

New peeve: why are so many people opting for the cross-eyed look these days?

Cross-eyed and pigeon toed is IN!  Just add huge glasses and some lip drool and you're all set

• Like 1
  • Haha 3