Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.

Sassy Kenin

12 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

People who log onto SL only to go AFK or play other games for hours on end. I never understood it, really. 

I have been guilty of that, try to find some music and end up going down youtube rabbit hole for hours, lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Racheal Rexen said:

I have been guilty of that, try to find some music and end up going down youtube rabbit hole for hours, lol

Yep, been there, done that.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

27 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

THIS .. OMG THIS

18 minutes ago, Racheal Rexen said:

Yeah, understandably I do it myself at times, but I still make an effort to check SL and respond to people rather than just deliberately ignoring them. That on top of constantly making the first move when IMing people. I'm starting to think I need to clear my friends list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Yeah, understandably I do it myself at times, but I still make an effort to check SL and respond to people rather than just deliberately ignoring them. That on top of constantly making the first move when IMing people. I'm starting to think I need to clear my friends list. 

Pruning your friend list is always a good idea, what is the point of having friends that don't talk to you, :)

19 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was out looking today.  There was one 4x protected selling for 179000L.  Another, not so protected selling for 500000L.  Just in the time since I got mine in November 2020, prices have gone through the roof.   I didn't pay anywhere near that and mine is on a corner.  It's really a nice place to live and they should have more places like it available.  If you could only abandon your parcel like on Belli and then LL would put it back up for sale perhaps at 2x the usual rate for mainland?  I don't know what would keep it from being crazy expensive like it is now.  I'll be holding on to mine until I die.

A friend bid on a parcel in a SL auction and got outbid. She went to see it and the winner was putting a house and stuff up. She thought nothing until the winner put the plot up for actually a reasonable price and some land baron bought it, jacked up the price many times over and then plopped breedables on it lagging the region. She and a neighbour did lodge a ticket and the breedables got nuked or something.

16 hours ago, Racheal Rexen said:

Pruning your friend list is always a good idea, what is the point of having friends that don't talk to you, :)

Well shoot. Now my friends list is empty. Not surprising considering it's SL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

People who log onto SL only to go AFK or play other games for hours on end. I never understood it, really. 

Or worse still, start a conversation with you and go AFK for hours then pick up the conversation like 5 hours haven't passed.

You: I'm good. I like your new look, is that a new head?

*3 hours passed, you left the sim, closed the box and forgot about the whole conversation*

*ding ding*

Them: Back. Oh yeah, thanks. I decided to try Lelutka, I kinda like it.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Well shoot. Now my friends list is empty. Not surprising considering it's SL.

I pruned mine earlier today, perhaps a little heavy-handedly .. Still a ton of people on there though. Sighs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeved at myself today.  Must remember to keep invisible people invisible.

tumblr_mvi0xqY7kX1r0mf51o1_500.gifv

Peeve: when people mention something that makes you realise you want to watch a movie, but you're already watching a movie, sort of, but got distracted and forgot you were watching it, and then you can't decide whether to finish that movie or if you want to go watch that other movie instead - but on the bright side, it doesn't matter all that much because regardless what I do, I'll be distracted in a few minutes again anyway and end up not watching whichever movie I decide to watch.

Ooh. Marketplace tabs ... 

• Haha 2

The thought of going back to the office ☹️ Honestly feeling depressed about it. Had plans to move out of London and go to a coastal area near my sister, and work remotely...but nobody has confirmed what the new WFH rules are 😕

(By the way, I know I have it easy and that other people, including family and friends, have had to leave home to work throughout it all...so not looking for sympathy...)

Peeve 2: foxes are 'doing the do' outside my flat most nights at 3-4am 😴

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

The thought of going back to the office ☹️ Honestly feeling depressed about it.

I used to WFH one day a week in the "before" times.  These days, I don't ever want to go back.  I'm so adamant about it, that I have contemplated looking for a designated 'Remote' job if they insist that we all come back to the office.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I used to WFH one day a week in the "before" times.  These days, I don't ever want to go back.  I'm so adamant about it, that I have contemplated looking for a designated 'Remote' job if they insist that we all come back to the office.

Twitter is allowing some of their employees to work from home forever!  Get that resume ready.

• Like 2

There was a headline in the newspapers here recently about how companies that do not consider letting their employees work from home after the pandemic may find themselves losing workers as people will find jobs that do allow that.

When I've finished my studies I'll probably look into that, as I intend on only working for 75% anyway to begin with so that I can get my workshop up and running. 

Anyway, today's peeve .. Sleeping funny on your shoulder so you wake up with a sore neck and shoulder, and of course a headache. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

The thought of going back to the office ☹️

Agreed. You've got to know your hive.

Some people work better face-to-face and others work better from the park.

If deadlines are met and tasks are completed, it shouldn't matter.

It's a pet peeve of mine when a manager is one or the other and can't seem to play both sides.

Hopefully this whole thing has opened some eye though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stores that don't put out gifts for Events that require them.  Yes, I know I am not supposed to whine about gifts, but if it is an Event rule, then it should be enforced.  There are a few stores that get away with never giving a gift.

Or maybe my peeve should be with the Event organizers that don't enforce it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Stores that don't put out gifts for Events that require them.  Yes, I know I am not supposed to whine about gifts, but if it is an Event rule, then it should be enforced.  There are a few stores that get away with never giving a gift.

Or maybe my peeve should be with the Event organizers that don't enforce it.

Saw you there.  Hope you had as much fun playing find the gifties as I did.

People who message you wanting something, but won't tell you or ask their question, and get upset if you ask them to get to the point.

People who do the above entirely in offline IM's over the course of a week and still don't actually get to the point of their initial enquiry.

• Like 2