Jump to content

Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.


Sassy Kenin

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I'm trying to avoid negativity...but must be said 🙂

For you and @Silent Mistwalker 😀  Going to take a break from here, as I was a bit narked about being reported and people trashing two Covid threads in a row, then starting new ones...but sod it, play loud 🤣

 

 

 

On YouTube.

Harry Nilsson

You're Breaking My Heart

I'd post the vid but that would give whoever an excuse to report.

Enjoy! I love that song.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I'm trying to avoid negativity...but must be said 🙂

   Pet peeve. Getting distracted when listening to that song (and, in extension, that album - 'cause Reign of Light is just one of those albums that I'll actually listen to as intended, it's like Bat out of Hell and The Perfect Cult) without coming to think of a Raubtier song.

 

   It's not just me hearing it, right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

YouTube trash. The phony “experts” that anyone in the field can instantly see don’t know what they’re talking about, but since they present it confidently people gullibly swallow everything they say. Bull***** sponsored videos that have two minutes of sponsor ad baked in and still have three ad breaks in the remaining 10 minutes. Sponsored videos that are 100% advertisement. Phony “restoration” videos where it’s obvious the item was broken to make the video.

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whoever you are, I hope you never have to go through the hell you've put me through. Thank you for damn near costing me my life. You win.  I'm gone. Have fun celebrating. Oh and don't forget to look over your shoulder. Your deeds will catch up to you and I won't have anything to do with it but I'm sure you will blame me just as you have always blamed me for the problems YOU create.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I whish creators wouldn't bake their items such that you get this when you scroll out and the towel disappears:

image.png.7a942a9f3cce664ff6d175a2f410603c.png

 

Granted, it would be even better if the towel held up the same as the chair itself, but if the towel is going to disappear, the least the creator could do is leave me with a chair that still looks good.

IMO, if the item consists of multiple pieces/objects, then each should be baked individually so that I can use the objects independently of each other (or at least so items still look good when parts disappear from view).  If the chair is going to be baked with the towel on it, the chair and towel should be joined to be one single mesh.  Then it all disappears together, without leaving something behind that looks like the above picture.

 

ETA:  I'm still in the early stages of learning mesh creation, so maybe there is some good reason for doing it the way this chair/towel was done, but at this moment I can't fathom it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I whish creators wouldn't bake their items such that you get this when you scroll out and the towel disappears:

image.png.7a942a9f3cce664ff6d175a2f410603c.png

I wish creators would hand make there own LOD meshes .. they could have dropped way more tris from the model AND kept the towel

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woohoo It's our <birthday / special event / arbitrary thing> have a free gift !!

Free gift is

  • Badly made art project
  • A fully meshed necklace .. with a tiny decorative novelty mesh pendant .. that can be scaled larger than my avatar without any loss of quality
  • Awesome ... Mint green
  • Boxed, in a box, in a hud
  • No mod. too small. no resizer.
  • Blatant asset theft / found online / dumped in SL.
  • Actually a box, accidentally unpacked the scripts. Broken
  • Nice ! ... 8,000,000 Li
  • intern's first project
  • Static, inactive, decorative ... contains 3 scripts that do ????
  • A landmark

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This isn't much of a peeve as it made me laugh but this is what I logged into YT to see just now.  The video is of a piece of music by Erik Satie.  Come on, really? 

YTVerify.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Creators who ignore their customers. Their profile says to send a notecard so you send them and they just get ignored. They have time to set up for weekly sales so essentially they have time to take people's money, but once that's done, zero support.

And in my case, it's something simple (I think) - their redelivery terminal doesn't work. Just fix it omg!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also creators who don't include the ad texture with their item is akin to people who work in a restaurant but never go to restaurants themselves. Clearly they don't know how hard it is to look for things in their inventory.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Pet peeve shopping event edition~

- I dislike when people wear really unnecessary items in events that causes lower performance.

- I dislike when people bring more than one friend at events and rather uses time on chatting and gesturing instead of grabbing demos or purchasing whatever they came to purchase.

- I dislike when people uses spankers, or moaners and walks around pretty much nude at shopping events that are not 18+.

-I dislike when master/mistress's drag their pets/slaves with a leash and slamming them into people or walls, which is hilarious to watch but I don't think that belong in events that aren't 18+ in my opinion.

- I dislike when people are standing right in front of vendors, making it hard to purchase anything.

- I dislike people who complain about an item or the event trough voice at the event itself.

- I dislike events that are overly decorated, got a confusing layout and a low performance because of said decoration.

- This is probably not a shopping event only pet peeve, but when people are wearing the catwa lollipop with the sounds on!

That's all I came up with at the moment, I'm pretty sure there is more that tends to annoy me. 😅

 

Edited by PixelBerry
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PixelBerry said:

Pet peeve shopping event edition~

- I dislike when people wear really unnecessary items in events that causes lower performance.

- I dislike when people bring more than one friend at events and rather uses time on chatting and gesturing instead of grabbing demos or purchasing whatever they came to purchase.

- I dislike when people uses spankers, or moaners and walks around pretty much nude at shopping events that are not 18+.

-I dislike when master/mistress's drag their pets/slaves with a leash and slamming them into people or walls, which is hilarious to watch but I don't think that belong in events that aren't 18+ in my opinion.

- I dislike when people are standing right in front of vendors, making it hard to purchase anything.

- I dislike people who complain about an item or the event trough voice at the event itself.

- I dislike events that are overly decorated, got a confusing layout and a low performance because of said decoration.

- This is probably not a shopping event only pet peeve, but when people are wearing the catwa lollipop with the sounds on!

That's all I came up with at the moment, I'm pretty sure there is more that tends to annoy me. 😅

 

So yeah, people!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PixelBerry said:

-I dislike when master/mistress's drag their pets/slaves with a leash and slamming them into people or walls, which is hilarious to watch but I don't think that belong in events that aren't 18+ in my opinion.

This can have an accessibility/usability cause. It can simply be impossible for some on low end gear to visit events and keep up with their friends / lovers /etc. SL ends up a 1fps slideshow, but as the items for sale are event exclusive, if someone wants something participation is mandatory.

On a broader note ... most TPV's allow you to defender ALL other avatars, perfect for shopping events if you just want to get your demos with minimal fuss, no avatar induced lag, no people full stop.

Catznip has it on the quick prefs. (Just keep the mini map open so when walking about don't bump invisible people).

BG0sZqJ.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

This can have an accessibility/usability cause. It can simply be impossible for some on low end gear to visit events and keep up with their friends / lovers /etc. SL ends up a 1fps slideshow, but as the items for sale are event exclusive, if someone wants something participation is mandatory.

On a broader note ... most TPV's allow you to defender ALL other avatars, perfect for shopping events if you just want to get your demos with minimal fuss, no avatar induced lag, no people full stop.

Catznip has it on the quick prefs. (Just keep the mini map open so when walking about don't bump invisible people).

BG0sZqJ.png

I use this all the time at events.  In firestorm, you can add the toolbar button which has a little tick box in the corner so you preemptively show friends only before tping in.  Love that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

This can have an accessibility/usability cause. It can simply be impossible for some on low end gear to visit events and keep up with their friends / lovers /etc. SL ends up a 1fps slideshow, but as the items for sale are event exclusive, if someone wants something participation is mandatory.

On a broader note ... most TPV's allow you to defender ALL other avatars, perfect for shopping events if you just want to get your demos with minimal fuss, no avatar induced lag, no people full stop.

Catznip has it on the quick prefs. (Just keep the mini map open so when walking about don't bump invisible people).

BG0sZqJ.png

Ah I wasn't aware of this :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...