Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.

15 minutes ago, Kyrie Deka said:

omg i have to come up with another one?  swimming in the negative eek i'd rather live in the absolute denial of human lunacy...

Peeve-new:  Math and the forum ratings.  Ratings give benefits to those posting $%## just by virtue of hitting "Submit" regardless of [ fill in the blank ], but those of us that try to post added-value stuff (I said try lol) have to work and work and work just to get the total number of posts up to get added benefit?  Pandemic-weary of being an Advanced Member of Advanced Age and Advanced Patience in a world which continues to reward those who scrap more than think. 😫

Bada-buhm-bum

*Disclaimer-don't even think this is about *you*, cos it ain't quite likely, it ain't I tells ya, everything ain't about you, its about me seeeeee 

Seriously though, the math, really?  

You should have posted more since 2010. 🤭

You'd have been able to change your title long ago if you had. 🤭

• Like 2
  • Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's peeve ... Groups for some of the larger mesh bodies/heads being used for advertising random junk people make for them. I'm in those groups because I want to be notified in case there's a new v

reasons why my ex is my ex.  I sent him an email to tell him that my bank had merged with another bank and that my account number had changed so he could update for his child support payment for our a

I would have had to..

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

Answers is another area

That's another one I forgot about, good one!

This is a Peeve of mine if I focus on peeves,

because looking at those in the forum I might think are (momentarily?) block-worthy

they have already received that forum benefit (to change that text),

but (whine, whine) it is taking me forever and I am *not anywhere near* that number. 

The math is just wonky I tells ya's 🤣 

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You should have posted more since 2010

True that!  

From sensitivity trainings over the years I morphed into trying not to subject others to my lack of a sense of humor totally boring streams of consciousness, so its a bit of a blessing thus far that I haven't posted much really

I could turn block-worthy!

ADDING: I can hear the moans of no, please, do nottttt

ADDING2: I just reread this thread's keywords, LOL, spot on!

+ADDING3: Dang, I could have posted this in three posts and ramped up my post-ism-forum-math-thingy!

Edited by Kyrie Deka
  • Haha 3
38 minutes ago, Kyrie Deka said:

True that!  

From sensitivity trainings over the years I morphed into trying not to subject others to my lack of a sense of humor totally boring streams of consciousness, so its a bit of a blessing thus far that I haven't posted much really

I could turn block-worthy!

ADDING: I can hear the moans of no, please, do nottttt

ADDING2: I just reread this thread's keywords, LOL, spot on!

+ADDING3: Dang, I could have posted this in three posts and ramped up my post-ism-forum-math-thingy!

I idolized KathArine Hepburn when I was growing up. I wanted to be her.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Peeve:  Cold fingers and toes.  Brrrrrr

So how does this work, does one have to do a ritual to summon Maddy, or does one simply ping her ..? 

Summoning never was my strong suit, it usually just ends up like doing a trans-dimensional somersault. The excitement of thinking it meant it worked, but then you realise all you achieved was to transport yourself 2' to appear in the circle yourself. Such a waste of a good sacrif-- Candle. Such waste of good candles.

Apparently, I'm bored!

• Haha 6
6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

So how does this work, does one have to do a ritual to summon Maddy, or does one simply ping her ..? 

Summoning never was my strong suit, it usually just ends up like doing a trans-dimensional somersault. The excitement of thinking it meant it worked, but then you realise all you achieved was to transport yourself 2' to appear in the circle yourself. Such a waste of a good sacrif-- Candle. Such waste of good candles.

Apparently, I'm bored!

Or we can assume this thread will end in flames so we can just stand around and warm ourselves?

I need a nap.

• Haha 4
8 hours ago, Kyrie Deka said:

omg i have to come up with another one?  swimming in the negative eek i'd rather live in the absolute denial of human lunacy...

Peeve-new:  Math and the forum ratings.  Ratings give benefits to those posting $%## just by virtue of hitting "Submit" regardless of [ fill in the blank ], but those of us that try to post added-value stuff (I said try lol) have to work and work and work just to get the total number of posts up to get added benefit?  Pandemic-weary of being an Advanced Member of Advanced Age and Advanced Patience in a world which continues to reward those who scrap more than think. 😫

Bada-buhm-bum

*Disclaimer-don't even think this is about *you*, cos it ain't quite likely, it ain't I tells ya, everything ain't about you, its about me seeeeee 

Seriously though, the math, really?  

well before you get too peeved, remember this: The reward for winning the forums is, wait for it, nothing. 

• Thanks 1

Peeve: Going to bed 'early' (i.e. 2 a.m.) only to wake up 40 minutes later and thinking the light in the window is dawn - nope, just a light post. Oh well. Guess that's my sleep for tonight!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
13 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: Going to bed 'early' (i.e. 2 a.m.) only to wake up 40 minutes later and thinking the light in the window is dawn - nope, just a light post. Oh well. Guess that's my sleep for tonight!

That stinks! I know this feeling. From what you have been speaking of a bit regarding your sleep in general, it sounds a bit worrisome. Please take care and keep an eye on that. 

my peeve: putting on the default adult human female shape that came with a very popular older mesh head with intent to work on the shape a bit later to compare/contrast new and old heads, blah blah...realizing I was running late so hurrying to my class and getting auto-booted from an adult sim because my avatar suddenly was under an (unpublished) height requirement - detected via script I guess? Maybe a good requirement in theory but certainly overzealous in practice if a widely distributed default adult shape can’t meet it? Rawr. It seemed like human avatar sizes were getting a bit more into the realms of realistic human heights for a while but I’m also noticing a trend of them growing taller again in some circles. ~sigh~

Edited by Fauve Aeon
On 12/19/2020 at 3:26 PM, RowanMinx said:

Peeve: Not being able to get in the holiday spirit.

Same.  Not the least bit interested, though I will still eat too much chocolate & mince pies.  

Peeve:   2020.

93d5ff4eb1fbeafeb69dd44f82bf0332.png

Edited by Horus Salubrius
to add appropriate pic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

That stinks! I know this feeling. From what you have been speaking of a bit regarding your sleep in general, it sounds a bit worrisome. Please take care and keep an eye on that. 

my peeve: putting on the default adult human female shape that came with a very popular older mesh head with intent to work on the shape a bit later to compare/contrast new and old heads, blah blah...realizing I was running late so hurrying to my class and getting auto-booted from an adult sim because my avatar suddenly was under an (unpublished) height requirement - detected via script I guess? Maybe a good requirement in theory but certainly overzealous in practice if a widely distributed default adult shape can’t meet it? Rawr. It seemed like human avatar sizes were getting a bit more into the realms of realistic human heights for a while but I’m also noticing a trend of them growing taller again in some circles. ~sigh~

On Height "requirements" - Unless the place is meant to cater to truly tall people, such "requirements" should not exist. Height is not a good metric whatsoever for gatekeeping an Adult area.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...having to check multiple Peeve threads to see what people are annoyed about.

I am not saying this is the WRONG thread, though.  After all, I posted my peeve here, didn't I?

I wonder if some helpful moderator could combine them?

I prefer this one as it was started at a more respectful time frame after the mods closed the previous one.  The other one just seemed like an eff you to the mods IMO.

• Like 2
On 12/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, RowanMinx said:

I've been feeling sleepy for months it seems.  Like you, my afternoon nap only lasts about 30 mins. and leaves me feeling rather blah when I wake up.  

Peeve: Not being able to get in the holiday spirit.

Ugh. The holiday blues. 2020 fatigue is real.

Decorating is a big hobby of mine in both worlds, but aside from the tree irl it isn't happening this year. 

• Like 3

Peeve: when you bite into a biscuit and the way it cracks, a sharp bit jabs into your gums. It's now sore and swollen where it struck, and I can't stop prodding at it with my tongue even though it hurts to do so.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Current peeve, when forum notifications have difficulty with date/time. 

From my notifications list:

image.png.4298168c3d72a8e0155502374697853d.png

When I pull the thread up, here are the last 2 posts - which are by Punnybone & animats, but they are over 2 months old, not from 32 minutes ago:

image.png.3956ce940cd081fd9d0e530e8907d574.png

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Current peeve, when forum notifications have difficulty with date/time. 

From my notifications list:

image.png.4298168c3d72a8e0155502374697853d.png

When I pull the thread up, here are the last 2 posts - which are by Punnybone & animats, but they are over 2 months old, not from 32 minutes ago:

image.png.3956ce940cd081fd9d0e530e8907d574.png

I have noticed this too but in the forum index of active topics, it will show threads from as far back as 6 months ago as current when they are not.