Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.

15 minutes ago, Kyrie Deka said:

omg i have to come up with another one?  swimming in the negative eek i'd rather live in the absolute denial of human lunacy...

Peeve-new:  Math and the forum ratings.  Ratings give benefits to those posting $%## just by virtue of hitting "Submit" regardless of [ fill in the blank ], but those of us that try to post added-value stuff (I said try lol) have to work and work and work just to get the total number of posts up to get added benefit?  Pandemic-weary of being an Advanced Member of Advanced Age and Advanced Patience in a world which continues to reward those who scrap more than think. 😫

Bada-buhm-bum

*Disclaimer-don't even think this is about *you*, cos it ain't quite likely, it ain't I tells ya, everything ain't about you, its about me seeeeee 

Seriously though, the math, really?  

You should have posted more since 2010. 🤭

You'd have been able to change your title long ago if you had. 🤭

• Like 2
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's peeve ... Groups for some of the larger mesh bodies/heads being used for advertising random junk people make for them. I'm in those groups because I want to be notified in case there's a new v

Adults operating preteen avatars seem to forget that kids are capable of speaking normally. Not bababababa dadadadada ahgagaga, switching out every other letter with 'w' nonsense.  Do they not remembe

I would have had to..

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

Answers is another area

That's another one I forgot about, good one!

This is a Peeve of mine if I focus on peeves,

because looking at those in the forum I might think are (momentarily?) block-worthy

they have already received that forum benefit (to change that text),

but (whine, whine) it is taking me forever and I am *not anywhere near* that number. 

The math is just wonky I tells ya's 🤣 

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You should have posted more since 2010

True that!  

From sensitivity trainings over the years I morphed into trying not to subject others to my lack of a sense of humor totally boring streams of consciousness, so its a bit of a blessing thus far that I haven't posted much really

I could turn block-worthy!

ADDING: I can hear the moans of no, please, do nottttt

ADDING2: I just reread this thread's keywords, LOL, spot on!

+ADDING3: Dang, I could have posted this in three posts and ramped up my post-ism-forum-math-thingy!

Edited by Kyrie Deka
  • Haha 3
38 minutes ago, Kyrie Deka said:

True that!  

From sensitivity trainings over the years I morphed into trying not to subject others to my lack of a sense of humor totally boring streams of consciousness, so its a bit of a blessing thus far that I haven't posted much really

I could turn block-worthy!

ADDING: I can hear the moans of no, please, do nottttt

ADDING2: I just reread this thread's keywords, LOL, spot on!

+ADDING3: Dang, I could have posted this in three posts and ramped up my post-ism-forum-math-thingy!

I idolized KathArine Hepburn when I was growing up. I wanted to be her.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Peeve:  Cold fingers and toes.  Brrrrrr

So how does this work, does one have to do a ritual to summon Maddy, or does one simply ping her ..? 

Summoning never was my strong suit, it usually just ends up like doing a trans-dimensional somersault. The excitement of thinking it meant it worked, but then you realise all you achieved was to transport yourself 2' to appear in the circle yourself. Such a waste of a good sacrif-- Candle. Such waste of good candles.

Apparently, I'm bored!

• Haha 6
6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

So how does this work, does one have to do a ritual to summon Maddy, or does one simply ping her ..? 

Summoning never was my strong suit, it usually just ends up like doing a trans-dimensional somersault. The excitement of thinking it meant it worked, but then you realise all you achieved was to transport yourself 2' to appear in the circle yourself. Such a waste of a good sacrif-- Candle. Such waste of good candles.

Apparently, I'm bored!

Or we can assume this thread will end in flames so we can just stand around and warm ourselves?

I need a nap.

• Haha 4
8 hours ago, Kyrie Deka said:

omg i have to come up with another one?  swimming in the negative eek i'd rather live in the absolute denial of human lunacy...

Peeve-new:  Math and the forum ratings.  Ratings give benefits to those posting $%## just by virtue of hitting "Submit" regardless of [ fill in the blank ], but those of us that try to post added-value stuff (I said try lol) have to work and work and work just to get the total number of posts up to get added benefit?  Pandemic-weary of being an Advanced Member of Advanced Age and Advanced Patience in a world which continues to reward those who scrap more than think. 😫

Bada-buhm-bum

*Disclaimer-don't even think this is about *you*, cos it ain't quite likely, it ain't I tells ya, everything ain't about you, its about me seeeeee 

Seriously though, the math, really?  

well before you get too peeved, remember this: The reward for winning the forums is, wait for it, nothing. 

• Thanks 1

Peeve: Going to bed 'early' (i.e. 2 a.m.) only to wake up 40 minutes later and thinking the light in the window is dawn - nope, just a light post. Oh well. Guess that's my sleep for tonight!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
13 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: Going to bed 'early' (i.e. 2 a.m.) only to wake up 40 minutes later and thinking the light in the window is dawn - nope, just a light post. Oh well. Guess that's my sleep for tonight!

That stinks! I know this feeling. From what you have been speaking of a bit regarding your sleep in general, it sounds a bit worrisome. Please take care and keep an eye on that. 

my peeve: putting on the default adult human female shape that came with a very popular older mesh head with intent to work on the shape a bit later to compare/contrast new and old heads, blah blah...realizing I was running late so hurrying to my class and getting auto-booted from an adult sim because my avatar suddenly was under an (unpublished) height requirement - detected via script I guess? Maybe a good requirement in theory but certainly overzealous in practice if a widely distributed default adult shape can’t meet it? Rawr. It seemed like human avatar sizes were getting a bit more into the realms of realistic human heights for a while but I’m also noticing a trend of them growing taller again in some circles. ~sigh~

Edited by Fauve Aeon
On 12/19/2020 at 3:26 PM, RowanMinx said:

Peeve: Not being able to get in the holiday spirit.

Same.  Not the least bit interested, though I will still eat too much chocolate & mince pies.  

Peeve:   2020.

93d5ff4eb1fbeafeb69dd44f82bf0332.png

Edited by Horus Salubrius
to add appropriate pic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

That stinks! I know this feeling. From what you have been speaking of a bit regarding your sleep in general, it sounds a bit worrisome. Please take care and keep an eye on that. 

my peeve: putting on the default adult human female shape that came with a very popular older mesh head with intent to work on the shape a bit later to compare/contrast new and old heads, blah blah...realizing I was running late so hurrying to my class and getting auto-booted from an adult sim because my avatar suddenly was under an (unpublished) height requirement - detected via script I guess? Maybe a good requirement in theory but certainly overzealous in practice if a widely distributed default adult shape can’t meet it? Rawr. It seemed like human avatar sizes were getting a bit more into the realms of realistic human heights for a while but I’m also noticing a trend of them growing taller again in some circles. ~sigh~

On Height "requirements" - Unless the place is meant to cater to truly tall people, such "requirements" should not exist. Height is not a good metric whatsoever for gatekeeping an Adult area.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...having to check multiple Peeve threads to see what people are annoyed about.

I am not saying this is the WRONG thread, though.  After all, I posted my peeve here, didn't I?

I wonder if some helpful moderator could combine them?

I prefer this one as it was started at a more respectful time frame after the mods closed the previous one.  The other one just seemed like an eff you to the mods IMO.

• Like 2
On 12/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, RowanMinx said:

I've been feeling sleepy for months it seems.  Like you, my afternoon nap only lasts about 30 mins. and leaves me feeling rather blah when I wake up.  

Peeve: Not being able to get in the holiday spirit.

Ugh. The holiday blues. 2020 fatigue is real.

Decorating is a big hobby of mine in both worlds, but aside from the tree irl it isn't happening this year. 

• Like 3

Peeve: when you bite into a biscuit and the way it cracks, a sharp bit jabs into your gums. It's now sore and swollen where it struck, and I can't stop prodding at it with my tongue even though it hurts to do so.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Current peeve, when forum notifications have difficulty with date/time. 

From my notifications list:

image.png.4298168c3d72a8e0155502374697853d.png

When I pull the thread up, here are the last 2 posts - which are by Punnybone & animats, but they are over 2 months old, not from 32 minutes ago:

image.png.3956ce940cd081fd9d0e530e8907d574.png

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Current peeve, when forum notifications have difficulty with date/time. 

From my notifications list:

image.png.4298168c3d72a8e0155502374697853d.png

When I pull the thread up, here are the last 2 posts - which are by Punnybone & animats, but they are over 2 months old, not from 32 minutes ago:

image.png.3956ce940cd081fd9d0e530e8907d574.png

I have noticed this too but in the forum index of active topics, it will show threads from as far back as 6 months ago as current when they are not.