I had someone new to forum who has never even talked to me send me a skin/shape combo WTH! ... it turned out to be stolen stuff to boot!

Pet peeve never send fashion things to someone unless it is on a wishlist!

OMG please do not buy stolen stuff!🥺

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sassy Kenin said:

For those OMG Moments or Pet Peeves & WTH Situations... no real hard rules just same as before..carry on.😉

Someone beat you to it and I am sure the lindens won't want to monitor 2 ongoing peeve threads for the drama that always occurs 😂

7 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Someone beat you to it and I am sure the lindens won't want to monitor 2 ongoing peeve threads for the drama that always occurs 😂

At least @Sassy Keninwaited A reasonable amount of time after the last peeve was derailed to start a new one.  The one above was more of a "ha ha ha" to the mods in my opinion.

• Like 5

I like this thread better so far though.

Peeve: half-hour naps only lasting half an hour. I feel like just going into hibernation for a few weeks. Not because I dislike winter or anything, just feeling sleepy.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Same. 
peeve: (really more of a worry but also wit anoyance) Cat suddenly has taken to yowling mournfully and randomly for no discernible reason. Kitty-boo, what’s wrong wif you? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: half-hour naps only lasting half an hour. I feel like just going into hibernation for a few weeks. Not because I dislike winter or anything, just feeling sleepy.

I agree this one seems nicer.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I've been feeling sleepy for months it seems.  Like you, my afternoon nap only lasts about 30 mins. and leaves me feeling rather blah when I wake up.  

Peeve: Not being able to get in the holiday spirit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I've been feeling sleepy for months it seems.  Like you, my afternoon nap only lasts about 30 mins. and leaves me feeling rather blah when I wake up.  

Peeve: Not being able to get in the holiday spirit.

Have a look at "Coffee Nap"  I found the technique really worked for me when I was suffering badly with MS fatigue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Have a look at "Coffee Nap"  I found the technique really worked for me when I was suffering badly with MS fatigue.  

I might have to give that a try.  Thank you.

Peeve: Covid and not for the usual reasons.  I had planned a hip replacement for earlier this year.  Because of restrictions on nonessential surgery and the fact I really didn't want to be in the hospital taking up space, I've had to put it off indefinitely.  We've also lost our insurance coverage so even if I wanted, I couldn't right now.  The pain is part of the reason the naps have been disrupted.  I can sleep on one side only and for short periods on my back which I hate.  So I guess I'll just be grumpy for a little while longer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 10

34 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

"Most experts propose that the best way to take a coffee nap is to consume caffeine right before falling asleep for approximately 15–20 minutes"

See, that is the problem right there.  I can't do power naps at all.  Hell, it takes me 30 minutes or so just to get to sleep.  if the nap isn't at least 2 hours, I wake up cranky.  While the caffeine might help with that part, it just seems wrong if the nap is very short.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling, of course
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

"Most experts propose that the best way to take a coffee nap is to consume caffeine right before falling asleep for approximately 15–20 minutes"

See, that is the problem right there.  I can't do power naps at all.  Hell, it takes me 30 minutes or so just to get to sleep.  if the nap isn't at least 2 hours, I wake up cranky.  While the caffeine might help with that part, it just seems wrong if the nap is very short.

I miss my 2 hour naps.  😭

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

See, that is the problem right there.  I can't do power naps at all.  Hell, it take  me 30 minutes or so just to get to sleep.  if the nap isn't at least 2 hours, I wake up cranky.  Wheil the caffeine might help with that part, it just seems wrong if the nap is very short.

It does seem odd and it was kind of training my body to do it but when it started to work, I was then sleeping much better at night.  I only stopped doing it when my neurologist put me on a new medication for fatigue and I rarely have to take  a daytime nap since lockdown meant I am stuck in the house and not very active.  

• Like 2

omg i have to come up with another one?  swimming in the negative eek i'd rather live in the absolute denial of human lunacy...

Peeve-new:  Math and the forum ratings.  Ratings give benefits to those posting $%## just by virtue of hitting "Submit" regardless of [ fill in the blank ], but those of us that try to post added-value stuff (I said try lol) have to work and work and work just to get the total number of posts up to get added benefit?  Pandemic-weary of being an Advanced Member of Advanced Age and Advanced Patience in a world which continues to reward those who scrap more than think. 😫

Bada-buhm-bum

*Disclaimer-don't even think this is about *you*, cos it ain't quite likely, it ain't I tells ya, everything ain't about you, its about me seeeeee 

Seriously though, the math, really?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

@RowanMinx Profile "Advanced Member" > Custom Text = X total posts (nice, nasty, insensitive, or intelligent, all is equal in the eyes of the forum math) is my understanding.  Is there another way to change that profile advanced member thing before I turn Medicare?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyrie Deka said:

@RowanMinx Profile "Advanced Member" > Custom Text = X total posts (nice, nasty, insensitive, or intelligent, all is equal in the eyes of the forum math) is my understanding.  Is there another way to change that profile advanced member thing before I turn Medicare?

Picture sub forum, the word games threads.  Even just commenting on someone's picture.  There are ways to up your count besides getting into some of the more contentious threads.  Answers is another area if you like helping people.

• Like 4