2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been coloring mine away since I was 45-50

I used to be a bottle blonde when there was a need to pass. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now that I'm in my 60s and no longer concern myself with such things, at this rate, mine won't turn gray fast enough. 😆

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finite said:

I got a response when asking someone what head they used for a picture. I got the response of "sorry we don't share our custom skins". As if the felt the need to let me know they use custom skins? I'm like dude I just asked what head you used. (Turned out the skin was Skinnery and not custom). Never did find out what head was used.

Those are the type of people that wear shields trying to prevent people from figuring out the items they are wearing.

And the type of people that freak out if they see anyone's Look At cross-hairs on them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been coloring mine away since I was 45-50

Now that I'm in my 60s and no longer concern myself with such things, at this rate, mine won't turn gray fast enough. 😆

My hair has been a glorious white for a long time.  I earned every bit of it, and I'm proud.  😎

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Problem is that the only grey part is the front around my face and my crown.  The whole back is still natural reddish brown.  So just letting the gray grow out would not look good either.

My mother is a natural black hair and ended up with a beautiful salt & pepper for old age.  My gray isn't even a nice silver or white - it is just a dull ugly grey (at least so far).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Problem is that the only grey part is the front around my face and my crown.  The whole back is still natural reddish brown.  So just letting the gray grow out would not look good either.

My mother is a natural black hair and ended up with a beautiful salt & pepper for old age.  My gray isn't even a nice silver or white - it is just a dull ugly grey (at least so far).

I'm hoping for salt & pepper myself. That way I won't feel like I have to keep it up under a hat or cap. There's only 3 ways I can wear my hair (here comes a huge peeve) down, pinned up with 1000 hair pins (not bobby pins) or braided/in braids without getting a headache. Even ponytails give me a headache.

13-05-17-pic01.jpg

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

20 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

a-portrait-of-second-life-founder-philip

He's 10 years younger than me and last night I found my first gray hair. 

OMG I'M TURNING GRAY! 😱

Ohhh ... but grey hair really suits some people. I think he looks very distinguished. 

Embrace the greys! Just condition well. (I'm half and half now, aged 58.)

Edited to add: He's one of the few people who actually looks better in real life than as his avatar.

Edited by Marigold Devin

Just tried to do some shopping at a very popular store. The store is HUGE and TP's you to the demo's of their building. Problem is that the demo's for their buildings are all the way in the back of the store and they have set their landing point back to the main store. I suppose I could cam shop but what is the point of going TO the store if you have to do that?  

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I don't have any grey hairs. So there, ha!

Even if I do, they're impossible to find among the white ones anyway.

😛

At least you don't have to worry about your pos family members calling you a skunk when your hair grows out from the last bleach job. 🙄

Nope. Never doing this again.

gettyimages-1211669282_p.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

😛

At least you don't have to worry about your pos family members calling you a skunk when your hair grows out from the last bleach job. 🙄

Nope. Never doing this again.

gettyimages-1211669282_p.jpg

Ironically, I actually tend to buy hair HUDs that deliberately create this look. If there are no good ombres available, dark roots work fine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Sure! I'll bring out my male "alt" (who is obviously much closer to the real me than Katherine is) to Franks or Foxxies anytime you like and we can dance and have a nice conversation. Let me know a good time :)

You don't need to change avatars for me.  Come in whichever one you're most comfortable in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ironically, I actually tend to buy hair HUDs that deliberately create this look. If there are no good ombres available, dark roots work fine!

You probably weren't constantly called names like skunk, fat, stupid, etc. by an older brother while being frogged in the arm every day. My family was pretty dysfunctional. I wish they had never adopted me.

But enough of my sob story. I loved it but couldn't afford to keep it going:

4c87aa890efb0b0205fe8653a9aba198.jpg

Gee. My peeves are really starting to stack up. Maybe I should take a people break. lol

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You probably weren't constantly called names like skunk, fat, stupid, etc. by an older brother while being frogged in the arm every day. My family was pretty dysfunctional. I wish they had never adopted me.

But enough of my sob story. I loved it but couldn't afford to keep it going:

4c87aa890efb0b0205fe8653a9aba198.jpg

Gee. My peeves are really starting to stack up. Maybe I should take a people break. lol

THAT is MAGNIFICENT.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You probably weren't constantly called names like skunk

6076_980.jpg

I think they're cute. And, I reckon they still make better company than most people do!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But I have met people .. ^_^

What? No skunks in Sweden?  You haven't lived until you've been awakened at 3 am by the scent of a skunk who has let loose right under your open bedroom window!  

We had one spray underneath our van once.  It still.smelled inside months later.  😩

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Another Peeve: When I drove transit coaches long ago --- I hate when I relieved another operator and found out he hit a skunk shortly before, resulting in a stinky bus!  I had to radio in for a coach exchange and let some poor person from the bus lot deal with it!

My mind races back to the 90s, when my son and a friend drove my car around a nearby farm and through a manure pile without bothering to tell me. It caked nicely in the wheel wells and around the exhaust pipes and smelled quite ripe the next day. 

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

My mind races back to the 90s, when my son and a friend drove my car around a nearby farm and through a manure pile without bothering to tell me. It caked nicely in the wheel wells and around the exhaust pipes and smelled quite ripe the next day. 

Yeah, no. That still beats Hatsumomo smelling like blowfish.

I think.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMB9DnlkeZJ5ybUmTav45

Edited by Silent Mistwalker