4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Like someone states their country: Now you can ask further questions about that country as an entry into a conversation.

Profile RL tab: "From the UK."

Me: "Did you know that the capital of the UK is London?!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

But if they read profiles, they won't have anything to ask about as a conversation starter, the way some put it all out there.

I can't be the only person in SL that wants to know the person behind the avatar. The real person, not a persona they've taken on for whatever reason. I'd rather be friends with humans, not avatars. Can't really be friends with a pixel representation of a person that doesn't exist.

And that's a long time peeve of mine.

YES! Thank you! I once had asked a guy what state he lived in and he said "well, that is personal information I don't share" and 2 minutes later he wanted to go cuddle and I just had met him. SMH. At least be smart enough to make something up if you want to get in my pants.

Unless I am doing an actual RP I am also of the mindset that I want to get to know the person behind the avatar not the avatar. I can talk to my alt for that.

13 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Been to the Dr twice, been admitted to hospital twice, had a CAT scan and EKG (so I do have a brain and a heart) and oodles of blood drawn cos the right side of my body is numb....and the best they can say - side effect of my migraines!

black-white-angry-cartoon-funny-260nw-600449123.jpg

Hang in there! 😧 
Been having trouble to get something diagnosed lately, so I totaly get the feeling of frustration if something's wrong and they don't find the cause. (I mean, I knew the cause, but their goddamn ego made them dismiss me.
So yeah, that's been my face at every doctors visit as well!
Go to as many doctors as you can, get second opinions and stuff!
Crossing fingers for you! 

• Like 1

Merchant puts lots & lots of stuff on super duper cheap sale before retiring that stuff for good.  However, stuff is in a scrolling vendor and there are apparently hundreds of items in the vendor.  I want to see all of it and don't want to stop before I get back to where I started, but that truly could take a long, long time.

Not Second Life related related but still a pet peeve.  one of my Guilty pleasures is the Video game series Fallout the first game in particular painted such a dark tone and picture where sometimes the best thing that happened was when terrible people were the winners everything was a jagged pill to swallow and your thrown in many situations that would crush the humanity out of any decent person all sacrificed to get water for the people of your home and when i was all over you were turned away by the the community you sacrificed to save. and that was how the game ended you  the hero who save not just your vault but all that remains of humanity walking off into the wastes head hung low, defeated and broken.  it painted a picture that got you thinking what is the phycological price of heroism.

I recently picked up the 4th installment of the series on steam sale and while a fun game it just foes not feel like my beloved Fallout so i decided to mod it and add some of items we had from the original game in to make it feel at least like it is in the same Post war America and i found what i was looking for but also the thing that inspires the pet peve post

Skimpy Armor mods so many Skimpy armor mods!  Because when your in a world full of radiation hazards all over the place and your walking around in old ruins full of jagged bits of 200 + year old steal, wood and glass your going to want some skimpy armor! seriously do people even think at all when they make these things :P

Edited by Atosuria Daviau
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Global warming/RL. The state of Queensland, (which I don't live in anymore), re-opens to inbound flights today with 50, yes thats FIFTY! tin cans worth of earth raping numbskulls polluting the atmosphere to placate their egos or perform some "essential" work that mostly really wouldn't be needed if upright monkeys cared and had half a brain anyway. Top of the line lame excuses are politics, economics, tourism, family reunion or religious reasons. 🙄 God didn't need a freakin jet airliner and angels have wings - duuuuuh.

Fifty pox spewing, mother earth ❤️ suffocating flights is small fry by world standards so it's not too hard to imagine that figure times 40 million for flights the world over. Anyone care to do the sums on those jet engine emissions?
(you can smell jet fuel/kerosine from 30 miles away so it's pretty yucky stuff 🤮).
Being a "hot topic" all the journos on web news I've been watching are all like: "Yay! Well I'm booked to fly here and there and then everywhere" as it's some sort of badge of honour.

The world needs some form of public identification like a stamp on their forehead or electronic broadcasting app screaming "Im an earth killing idiot and I just don't care" or... something🤔
and no one says anything about it, ever......... 😔 That's my peeve.
The worlds full of idjits. *cuss *swear *throw $hit *slam a couple of doors *pokes tongue out *kicks the neighbours cat. 🙀
PS: No, I didn't fly to Queensland nor did I fly home. so -> 😝

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Global warming/RL. The state of Queensland, (which I don't live in anymore), re-opens to inbound flights today with 50, yes thats FIFTY! tin cans worth of earth raping numbskulls polluting the atmosphere to placate their egos or perform some "essential" work that mostly really wouldn't be needed if upright monkeys cared and had half a brain anyway. Top of the line lame excuses are politics, economics, tourism, family reunion or religious reasons. 🙄 God didn't need a freakin jet airliner and angels have wings - duuuuuh.

Fifty pox spewing, mother earth ❤️ suffocating flights is small fry by world standards so it's not too hard to imagine that figure times 40 million for flights the world over. Anyone care to do the sums on those jet engine emissions?
(you can smell jet fuel/kerosine from 30 miles away so it's pretty yucky stuff 🤮).
Being a "hot topic" all the journos on web news I've been watching are all like: "Yay! Well I'm booked to fly here and there and then everywhere" as it's some sort of badge of honour.

The world needs some form of public identification like a stamp on their forehead or electronic broadcasting app screaming "Im an earth killing idiot and I just don't care" or... something🤔
and no one says anything about it, ever......... 😔 That's my peeve.
The worlds full of idjits. *cuss *swear *throw $hit *slam a couple of doors *pokes tongue out *kicks the neighbours cat. 🙀
PS: No, I didn't fly to Queensland nor did I fly home. so -> 😝

🤗

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, Krystina Ferraris said:

It sounds good enough on my iPhone to be honest.
Sometimes my iphone is all I have available when doing an emergency procedure or something with a horse. I put on soothing music to relax the horse and it does the job. Then again, my primary concern isn’t about HiFi quality in those cases. 

Just sing the Mr. Ed theme to the hoss!

• Haha 2