1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:
28 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

After 18 months of being an "essential worker", I lost my job last night because I believe I have the right to decide what I want to do with my own body when I am ready to do it.

I feel for you. It isn't right. You are no doubt taking more precautions than those who believe themselves to be invincible just because they've had their two jabs.  

And less than those of us who both take precautions and got two (three) jabs.

There's a spectrum of behavior here. If people have a right to determine where on the spectrum they'll fall, certainly others have the right to determine what on the spectrum they'll tolerate?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not being old enough or financially well off enough to retire right now.  I am soooo totally over working.

I used to joke to my boss how I'd prefer a 6 day work week, as all weekends do for me are knocking me out of my circadian rhythm and make life more difficult. I like structure, but I absolutely can't find the motivation to maintain any when left to my own devices. 

.. Also I really, really do love working with what I do. Like, I'm having to tell myself I can't go to the workshop after dinner and keep working on my projects through the night. Living 50 meters away from it doesn't make it easy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I used to joke to my boss how I'd prefer a 6 day work week, as all weekends do for me are knocking me out of my circadian rhythm and make life more difficult. I like structure, but I absolutely can't find the motivation to maintain any when left to my own devices. 

.. Also I really, really do love working with what I do. Like, I'm having to tell myself I can't go to the workshop after dinner and keep working on my projects through the night. Living 50 meters away from it doesn't make it easy! 

I really do like WHAT I do, but I haven't really enjoyed WHERE I do it for a while now.  Unfortunately, I am late enough in my career, with only a few years left, that changing companies might be difficult.

• Sad 1

Event organizers who ban you within 20 seconds of your first visit to their sim because you "failed to make a valid avatar". Whatever the hell that means. Yes yes, rules are rules, but they didn't state them and their requirements for entry in their Flickr ads.  There's a reason their shopping event is desolate and no, a money sploder wouldn't help bring in potential shoppers if you're going to ban them before the sim rezzes. LMAO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrophySpouse said:

Event organizers who ban you within 20 seconds of your first visit to their sim because you "failed to make a valid avatar". Whatever the hell that means. Yes yes, rules are rules, but they didn't state them and their requirements for entry in their Flickr ads.  There's a reason their shopping event is desolate and no, a money sploder wouldn't help bring in potential shoppers if you're going to ban them before the sim rezzes. LMAO

I'm sorry . . . what is a "valid avatar" exactly? And how on earth did you "fail"?

1 hour ago, TrophySpouse said:

Was it a vampire region? Maybe they forgot how to spell Vlad. 🤭

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sorry . . . what is a "valid avatar" exactly? And how on earth did you "fail"?

Beats me. I didn't bother asking for more details after hearing their ridiculous explanation. I was wearing Altamura so it's not like I was running around in a Ruth system avatar.

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Was it a vampire region? Maybe they forgot how to spell Vlad. 🤭

LOL. Who knows? I never got a good look at the sim in the 20 seconds before getting the boot.

Edited by TrophySpouse
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Uggh!! Somebody's car alarm keeps going off between midnight and 2am...just go outside and turn it off! 😡

It's like what's the point of having the alarm if the owner doesn't come running out to defend their car?

I'm reminded of a time when a couple of friends and I encountered a car with a motion sensor alarm that sends out a warning message that said "Stop! Step away from the car!" It amused us greatly to see a talking car. Being the defiant 12 year olds we were, we sprinted in and out of the sensor range just to get the car to talk. It did this about 10 times before the alarm sent a final warning countdown prior to sounding the siren. No adults ever came running out to check on the fancy car. lol

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

It's like what's the point of having the alarm if the owner doesn't come running out to defend their car?

EXACTLY! If it was mine, I'd be running outside to check what's happening!

I do feel a bit bad about my earlier post though, now it's gone quiet again...😴 Peeve over!

7 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Being the defiant 12 year olds we were, we sprinted in and out of the sensor range just to get the car to talk. It did this about 10 times before the alarm sent a final warning countdown prior to sounding the siren. No adults ever came running out to check on the fancy car. lol

I'm actually amazed more car thieves don't take advantage of this! Or maybe they do, I don't drive? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

Uggh!! Somebody's car alarm keeps going off between midnight and 2am...just go outside and turn it off! 😡

We have a guy living here with a sooped up trash heap drag racer that sounds like thunder .. he likes to rev it up before slowly moving it to a different parking spot, usually in the small hours.

The guy in the flat above us yelling obscenities almost makes up for their yappy dog trying to dig though the floor. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Ahhh.... yes its either those neighborhood cats looking for a comfy place to sleep or mice eating the car cables.

(or some junkie trying to make your neighbor turn off the car alarm)

e6f09cfed159b8101c3643cb8e11facb.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PixelBerry said:

Me using the word however all the time, I tried to make a meme for it. 🙃

I feel as if I start about every third sentence with "Well". I've begun to feel peeved by myself!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I feel as if I start about every third sentence with "Well". I've begun to feel peeved by myself!

I find myself increasingly annoyed by people who start every other sentence with "I mean ..".  The phrase "I mean" is supposed to suggest that they are about to clarify something that they have already said before, but people are not clarifying anything. It's just a new way of saying "um..." or "well ... "  ( What's truly annoying is that I caught myself saying it yesterday. 🙄 )