I seem to be full of peeves today!

I got up all excited today, grabbed my lindens, loaded up Seraphim ready to do my shopping list for hitting FaMESHed...only to be all confused as to why it was not showing up in the events list. 

Then it hit me.  It may be Oct 1st here, but in SL-land, its still September.

gihy (1).gif

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I seem to be full of peeves today!

I got up all excited today, grabbed my lindens, loaded up Seraphim ready to do my shopping list for hitting FaMESHed...only to be all confused as to why it was not showing up in the events list. 

Then it hit me.  It may be Oct 1st here, but in SL-land, its still September.

gihy (1).gif

That tricksey International Date Line.

d14e6b19b23cbcc36b00fb0bcce35bab.jpg

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

New peeve!  

*They* have taken away my ability to add a gif to *that* thread!!!!  This one too.  

Its like they know what I am about to do!

Hover over the upload and Insert.  I reached a limit so it won't Add as it did before.

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The chest is not the only interesting part of a woman.

I know, right. That's why I made this pic a while back! 

Teasing

... 'Cause I think she has such pretty hands, and I dig those rings. Nodnods.

• Haha 3

Can anyone explain to me why a merchant would go out of business just because they can no longer sell Gacha's in SL? Why can't people just sell this stuff on the marketplace for a reasonable price, and do away with the whole stupid artificial scarcity thing? It just seems silly to me, and kind of dumb given they spent all that time and effort creating the things only to limit how many people can buy them, then go giving up on selling them at all because they can't artificially inflate the prices to a ridiculous degree. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zidaya Zenovka said:

Can anyone explain to me why a merchant would go out of business just because they can no longer sell Gacha's in SL? Why can't people just sell this stuff on the marketplace for a reasonable price, and do away with the whole stupid artificial scarcity thing? It just seems silly to me, and kind of dumb given they spent all that time and effort creating the things only to limit how many people can buy them, then go giving up on selling them at all because they can't artificially inflate the prices to a ridiculous degree. 

You answered your own question. 

"they can't artificially inflate the prices to a ridiculous degree." 

They can't be so greedy any more so they took their toys and went home. 

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You answered your own question. 

"they can't artificially inflate the prices to a ridiculous degree." 

They can't be so greedy any more so they took their toys and went home. 

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I remember recently in world in a group a shop owner saying since the gachas were going away --- she was closing her store and returning her island/region back to the Lindens.

Meanwhile another peeve, sites relying totally on the smart phone to do something. There are 21 of us that don't have them. The vendor used to have a system where I could push a button on our inventory system and it would automatically order what we needed. Now they want you to input the order on a tiny screen line by line.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, Rowan Amore said:

*Sarcasm font*. But what about the children??!!

Additional sarcasm. You are responsible for your own children, actually be a dang parent and not a best friend. Teach them right and wrong, and stop using devices as means of taking care of your kid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh and another big pet peeve and a solution. When events just start in SL, and people take forever at them. I wish that LL would maybe in the estate tools or the land tools, implement some sort of timer thing, so that event owners could set it and it would eject people that hit the time limit. 

• Like 1

So a couple of hours ago I was bouncing through an event and fell in love with a top on sale there.  I looked at the fatpack price vs single price and it made sense to buy the fatpack.  Just as I hit the buy button I noticed it did NOT include petite sizing...which I wear.  

Peeved because this store's releases always include petite lately. 

Peeved cos it serves me right for not checking the demo sizings first. 

Peeved cos I am out all those lindens on a top I LOVE LOVE LOVE but won't wear cos it doesn't include my body type.

PEEEEEVED!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Back to people. People who report posts that aren't attacking them or insulting in any way and report enough of them that the mod doesn't even bother to read them, they just delete them.

People suck.

It doesn't necessarily have to be reported. A mod could happen to be monitoring the thread. I was accused once of reporting posts when in fact it was a mod doing mod things in a thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finite said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be reported. A mod could happen to be monitoring the thread. I was accused once of reporting posts when in fact it was a mod doing mod things in a thread.

True - and there are a few threads where I'm pretty sure the Mods are watching closely.

• Like 2

One I got this morning:

As part of electronic Know Your Customer(eKYC) compliance, you are required to provide your selfie for verification purpose through the link below.

VERIFY NOW

Your information will be kept strictly confidential. You may also connect your account to Facebook for verification.

I told them to nuke my account after 14 years.

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

True - and there are a few threads where I'm pretty sure the Mods are watching closely.

On a board I'm a Mod on --- we call threads that are being monitored "PTW" which is Possible Train Wreck. Threads that fall under that are usually political, religion and other sensitive matter.

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:23 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

So a couple of hours ago I was bouncing through an event and fell in love with a top on sale there.  I looked at the fatpack price vs single price and it made sense to buy the fatpack.  Just as I hit the buy button I noticed it did NOT include petite sizing...which I wear.  

Peeved because this store's releases always include petite lately. 

Peeved cos it serves me right for not checking the demo sizings first. 

Peeved cos I am out all those lindens on a top I LOVE LOVE LOVE but won't wear cos it doesn't include my body type.

PEEEEEVED!!!

Nobody will complain if once or twice you wear boobs. But I understand you are peeved and that's OK it will pass. 

23 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

One I got this morning:

As part of electronic Know Your Customer(eKYC) compliance, you are required to provide your selfie for verification purpose through the link below.

VERIFY NOW

Your information will be kept strictly confidential. You may also connect your account to Facebook for verification.

I told them to nuke my account after 14 years.

From LL or some other entity?  Can't image LL ever sending out anything like that.

20 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

On a board I'm a Mod on --- we call threads that are being monitored "PTW" which is Possible Train Wreck. Threads that fall under that are usually political, religion and other sensitive matter.

More like PROBABLE Train Wreck - at least that is how most of those topics go around here.